What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poll: Consensus Mock Draft - Pick 1.2 (1 Viewer)

Who goes at 1.2?

• Josh Rosen

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • Josh Allen

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • Baker Mayfield

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Quentin Nelson

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Saquon Barkley

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Bradley Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minkah Fitzpatrick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Assuming they keep the pick, I think this has to be QB. I think the Eli is our guy talk, is just that, talk. If they don't want a QB, this pick likely goes to someone who does and wants to pick above the Jets.

I think if the Giants keep the pick, they go Barkley - but I'm starting to think the Bills are just going to blow them away and jump up to this pick.

I hate ShEli. Really do. But I think the Giants would be smart to take Barkley here. Dude looks like a generational type player. Try to make another run. If it fails they can blow it up and build around Barkley. 

Assuming they keep the pick, I think this has to be QB. I think the Eli is our guy talk, is just that, talk. If they don't want a QB, this pick likely goes to someone who does and wants to pick above the Jets.
The more I think about it the more I think you're right. If they didn't want a QB they probably would have taken that Jets deal that the Colts took. I guess unless they are completely in love with Saqoun the same can be said. 

Eli is done.  Even in completely awful seasons it's rare for a team like the Giants to be picking this high.  Replace the goober or trade the pick to Buffalo.

Gittleman is a savvy, seasoned GM. 

I'm thinking Barkley here but would not be shocked if the first curve ball was here and NYG went Chubb.

I'm in the minority but going QB here is a big mistake.

Barkley behind that line would be one of the biggest clusterfooks I can ever remember.

A much bigger one than not accepting the Jets offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eli is done.  Even in completely awful seasons it's rare for a team like the Giants to be picking this high.  Replace the goober or trade the pick to Buffalo.
I agree with this...Barkley is tough to pass on but this is a golden opportunity to take care of the QB position for the next 10-15 years...they may not get this opportunity again...

I'm surprised at the Barkley support, though maybe I shouldn't be, I haven't spent much time in the Barkley thread. Now that the Jets pick 3rd, I don't see a spot for Barkley in the top-5, unless somebody who doesn't need a QB trades into the Browns pick at 4, which feels very unlikely. 

I'm surprised at the Barkley support, though maybe I shouldn't be, I haven't spent much time in the Barkley thread. Now that the Jets pick 3rd, I don't see a spot for Barkley in the top-5, unless somebody who doesn't need a QB trades into the Browns pick at 4, which feels very unlikely. 
If Barkley falls to 6 (and I do think it's possible) the the colts made the trade of the century. 

Although I don't know if Denver can pass him up.

If Barkley falls to 6 (and I do think it's possible) the the colts made the trade of the century. 

Although I don't know if Denver can pass him up.
I'd be very surprised to see Elway take a RB high. I'd think they'd go QB, Nelson, Chubb, Ward, Fitzpatrick, or James all over Barkley.

Colts at 6 is on the table, but I could see them passing too, especially with multiple 2nd rounders. I think Tampa at 7 is the sweet spot, although I could see Gruden moving up for him, fits his old school values.

I'd be very surprised to see Elway take a RB high. I'd think they'd go QB, Nelson, Chubb, Ward, Fitzpatrick, or James all over Barkley.

Colts at 6 is on the table, but I could see them passing too, especially with multiple 2nd rounders. I think Tampa at 7 is the sweet spot, although I could see Gruden moving up for him, fits his old school values.
Really the only thing I'd bet here is Barkley doesn't go #1. 

Users who are viewing this thread