What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which of these movie series do you like best? (fantasy genre) (1 Viewer)

Which movie series do you rank as your #3?

• Star Wars

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Lord of the Rings & The Hobbit

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Marvel Cinematic Universe

Votes: 19 29.7%
  • 2 out of 3 ain't bad

• I already said there can be only one

• I already said my life is like a box of vanilla wafers

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters

Jayrod

Footballguy
Just curious how you all rank these three movie series.  Obviously, they all are different, but for arguments sake, here is what I'm referring to:

Star Wars - All 8 Episodes and Rogue One

LOTR/Hobbit - the 6 movies of the Hobbit trilogy and LOTR trilogy

Marvel - All 18 theatrical releases to date (Iron Mans, Avengers, Thors, etc.)

I thought about including Star Trek, but with it being more sci-fi and having a whole series of movies in reboot, I felt it was different enough to leave it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lord of the Rings books push it past Star Wars for me.  The Hobbit movies were horrific.  Rogue One was the best Movie of all.  I loved Marvel as a kid, but I don't like the movies that much.  I did love that Quicksilver slowed down scene alot though.

If we're talking about enjoyment from sitting down and watching all the movies through, I'd probably have Harry Potter second to Marvel if it was a choice.  Star Wars has its place, but the more modern offerings have diluted it for me.

Of the three I’d rather watch a few select Star Wars movies over the rest. The LotR movies were good and I actually enjoyed the hobbit movies too but they’re exahusting to watch. Same as the marvel movies, sensory overkill.

I enjoy the Marvel movies a lot but it doesn't approach the LOTR or Star Wars.

I'd give LOTR movies a slight edge over Stars Wars. However, I prefer the LOTR books over the movies. For Star Wars I have only the movies - I've tried reading a couple of the more highly regarded Star Wars books from the expanded universe and found them to be terrible.

LOTR movies bored me to tears, so they are easily last.  

I had to think harder than I thought I would about the other 2, but still ended up with Star Wars.  In the end I would probably watch the lows of that series over vs the lows of the Marvel universe.  

That said, it pains me to admit that I am more excited to see Marvel movies over  the Star Wars movie this year.   Last Jedi and the trailer for Solo have soured me on that universe. 

Users who are viewing this thread