What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Police shot a man 20 times in his back yard, thinking he had a gun. It was a cellphone (1 Viewer)

Horrible story - being a police officer must be unbelievably stressful and difficult.  I think one thing hopefully both sides of the political spectrum can agree on is more training and resources for officers so these kind of mistakes don’t happen (I’m assuming this was a horrible mistake until more info comes out).

Horrible story - being a police officer must be unbelievably stressful and difficult.  I think one thing hopefully both sides of the political spectrum can agree on is more training and resources for officers so these kind of mistakes don’t happen (I’m assuming this was a horrible mistake until more info comes out).

Given this poster’s history of white nationalism, I would guess that his remarks were sarcastic. 
Just stop Tim. I am not being sarcastic in the least. Everyone needs to see what the whole story is in this situation. Someone is trying to break into another’s property and is seen running thru backyards in the dark. Then he runs from cops and then tries to rush them after being told to stop. Let the information come out and see  

People rushed to judgement in the Michael Brown case and look where that ended up: crime scene and ballistics supported the officers story and Brown was shown to be a thief who attacked a store owner and Brown’s shooting was justified. 

Don’t rush to judgment about a story you don’t know everything about. Don’t let a story fulfill your preconceived bias. Let the system work it’s way thru it. 

Just stop Tim. I am not being sarcastic in the least. Everyone needs to see what the whole story is in this situation. Someone is trying to break into another’s property and is seen running thru backyards in the dark. Then he runs from cops and then tries to rush them after being told to stop. Let the information come out and see  

People rushed to judgement in the Michael Brown case and look where that ended up: crime scene and ballistics supported the officers story and Brown was shown to be a thief who attacked a store owner and Brown’s shooting was justified. 

Don’t rush to judgment about a story you don’t know everything about. Don’t let a story fulfill your preconceived bias. Let the system work it’s way thru it. 
I was referring to Dr Oadi. 

I agree with your over all sentiment to wait and see, though I disagree that Michael Brown’s shooting was justified. 

I was referring to Dr Oadi. 

I agree with your over all sentiment to wait and see, though I disagree that Michael Brown’s shooting was justified. 
Oh gotcha. Sorry if I came across harsh: I’m running on an hour of sleep. We’ll agree to disagree on the Brown shooting I guess. 

Regardless of what happened why is anyone shooting another person 20 times?  Seems very odd.
Actually that part doesn’t bother me. Once the police have decided to shoot somebody it seems reasonable to shoot until dead, and to make sure of it. It’s the initial decision to shoot that must be called into question. 

Regardless of what happened why is anyone shooting another person 20 times?  Seems very odd.
My guess, they shot at him 20 times but did not hit him nearly that much.  I would guess they hit him 3 or fewer times.  That is just a guess. 

That said, and understanding that one can empty a semiauto quite quickly, the officers might have wondered about an armed man not returning fire during the encounter.  Maybe he was not armed.

My guess, they shot at him 20 times but did not hit him nearly that much.  I would guess they hit him 3 or fewer times.  That is just a guess. 

That said, and understanding that one can empty a semiauto quite quickly, the officers might have wondered about an armed man not returning fire during the encounter.  Maybe he was not armed.
That would make more sense.

When these events happen there are usually 3 alternatives: 

1. The police were justified. 

2. The police were not justified but they screwed up.

3. The police were not justified and deliberately did a bad thing. 

Contrary to what appears to be my reputation in this forum, I actually consider the third option to be pretty rare. The first two are far more likely. 

I took it as each cop shot 10 times. I suppose they shoot till the threat is eliminated. The number of shots always sounds crazy high in these situations, but the accuracy in times like this by trained law enforcement is probably around 20%. 

I'm guessing it's because it will most likely end up being political.  Might as well put it here right away instead of having a mod move it later.
You are right..lets get it started.  What race were the cops? Why do cops carry guns in the first place? There should be stricter gun control laws...effing Trump!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-maryland-school-shooter-apparently-was-lovesick-teen/ar-BBKxDDj?li=BBnb7Kz

Meanwhile in white people world......

"Police: Maryland school shooter apparently was lovesick teen"

I'd like you to try and imagine a scenario in which a black person shot someone and got descibed in this manner. 
"Maryland School Shooter was a Lovesick Thug"

"Large Black Man Goes on Sex-Fueled Rampage, No White Woman is Safe"

"Scary Blacks are at it Again"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-maryland-school-shooter-apparently-was-lovesick-teen/ar-BBKxDDj?li=BBnb7Kz

Meanwhile in white people world......

"Police: Maryland school shooter apparently was lovesick teen"

I'd like you to try and imagine a scenario in which a black person shot someone and got descibed in this manner. 
He was friendly and nice to the cops, but he didn't give us anything.
The man arrested on suspicion of fatally shooting four random people over the past two months in a Tampa neighborhood seemed to be, weirdly enough, perfectly "fine" during police interviews, Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan said on Wednesday.
"[Trai was] just a regular guy," the former suitemate said. "Nothing stood out as violent."
"He is the most quiet, polite young man," Estevez said. "I've never seen him say a bad word."
That is all from one article about the tampa killer. Good try though. 

Users who are viewing this thread