Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KarmaPolice

MLB 2018

1,551 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

K Davis did enough to get me to 51.6:Xonly beating out 400+ lineups.

Most likely taking today off as once again can't find a pitcher I like. Was going to roll with Fulmer in the early game but weather here is going to be bad again. 40 degrees, rain from noon to about 8 and 15-50 mph winds, seems risky it will finish.

I just about always throw something in, so I just have a cheap gpp in the early.  

I like a couple SPs today - Paxton, McCullers, Carrasco, Darvish, but of course the way FD set up the slates, you have to play the all-day slate with crappy contests to get 3 of those guys in.  I have 0 clue why the early only is just 3 games and they skip over the 5 games in the late afternoon.  I might look at DK today and put in a couple 25cent entries since their early contests include those games.    

Broke down and played $1 gpp

Darvish Goldy panik Bryant Swanson blackmon kemp rasmus moose

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

Broke down and played $1 gpp

Darvish Goldy panik Bryant Swanson blackmon kemp rasmus moose

I did a Darvish LU with W.Sox.  

Looks like the earlier LUs will be a + and keep me + for the day if night side duds.  I did one on DK that is sitting at 20th.  I did Strasb/McCull with a mini Tort stack, Cano, and Cespedes 

1 person likes this

Also did a $2 3man

Maeda Duda Schoop Lamb Machado Yelich Herrera Hoskins Peralta

Just noticed that the 3man I'm in pays out 2 places, didn't know that was an option.

32 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

Just noticed that the 3man I'm in pays out 2 places, didn't know that was an option.

Weird, I thought the 3 and 5 mans just paid out for the winner. 

Won the 3man easily as they both used Darvish tho it only paid $3.50. Cashed for $7 in an NBA gpp for a $6.50 profit on the day.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

Won the 3man easily as they both used Darvish tho it only paid $3.50. Cashed for $7 in an NBA gpp for a $6.50 profit on the day.

You are on a roll! 

Missed bad again last night, but up a couple bucks on the day.  

Did a quick $1gpp today with a Twins stack.  Back to looking at stuff more in depth tomorrow. 

Edited by KarmaPolice
1 person likes this

Today's $2 3man and yes checked for winner takes all.

Quintana Bell Travis Bryant Bogaerts Kepler  Stanton Polanco Dickerson

Happy Easter and good luck

Well, have a Twins 4man but no Escobar. 

55 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Well, have a Twins 4man but no Escobar. 

Hopefully you have Dozier. Playing vs him and Escobar in my 3man so win streak looks to be over unless Pitt bats explode.

1 hour ago, Raging weasel said:

Hopefully you have Dozier. Playing vs him and Escobar in my 3man so win streak looks to be over unless Pitt bats explode.

Had Dozier, and since the kc game ppd,  I swapped my ss from Anderson to DeJong, so will hang on to cash.  

I really need to try more 3 and 5 man contests this week. 

1 person likes this

Stacked against Ohtani this afternoon.  He looks great so far. 

Nothing on the afternoon for FD, but turned 25cents into $1 with that weird DK 1game showdown thing they have.  Combined up a couple bucks on the two sites for the day.

1 person likes this

Early only for a buck

Tallon Miggy Merrifield Moose Escobar Yelich Pham Fowler Castellanos

oof.  I was out of it this morning while doing my 2 25cent DK LUs, so I didn't realize that I had SPs mixed up and put Lynn in with my Pitts stack.  So I have a 1% C.Moran grand slam paired with Lynn's -9pts.  

Don't think I am touching that early slate with 2 of the games looking like rain and storms.  

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

Don't think I am touching that early slate with 2 of the games looking like rain and storms.  

Same here. I work less than a mile from the stadium and it's been like 38 with off and on light rain all morning. I'm sure it will start but not sure it will finish as the heavier rain and storms are predicted for about 3.

Overall not many matchups I'm excited about so will either take the day off or play late only.

1 hour ago, Raging weasel said:

Same here. I work less than a mile from the stadium and it's been like 38 with off and on light rain all morning. I'm sure it will start but not sure it will finish as the heavier rain and storms are predicted for about 3.

Overall not many matchups I'm excited about so will either take the day off or play late only.

Actually I think you had to play the all-day for the Det game.  I thought he early slate was the other 4 games in the afternoon, but NY and Cinci seem to be in line for rain too.  NY moreso, but still.  

looking at BvP and other stats -  Harper looks like he crushes that Atl SP.  Too bad that is a guy I never get right.  

I wish these teams would stop coming up with decent matchups since they always have power/wOBA on paper, but don't seem to come through for me much:  Milw, SD, Oak.   One of these days I am going to take down a gpp with these dudes! ;)

1 person likes this

:blackdot: but I'll forget this forum exists in like two days. 

2 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

:blackdot: but I'll forget this forum exists in like two days. 

@Northern Voice - I will PM you and nag you.  

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I wish these teams would stop coming up with decent matchups since they always have power/wOBA on paper, but don't seem to come through for me much:  Milw, SD, Oak.  

Milwaukee roof will be closed = more runs and SD should have Renfroe in and likely hitting cleanup against a lefty, since he mashes them. My lineup right now has cheap Shaw, Pina, Renfroe and then a pile of Jays/Astros (including Happ/Verlander)

Happ/Verlander/Smoak/Altuve/Correa/Shaw/Granderson/Reddick/Renfroe to be exact...

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Northern Voice said:

Milwaukee roof will be closed = more runs and SD should have Renfroe in and likely hitting cleanup against a lefty, since he mashes them. My lineup right now has cheap Shaw, Pina, Renfroe and then a pile of Jays/Astros (including Happ/Verlander)

Dude, don't encourage me.    I was just going through the Plate IQ on teams that should have good matchups, and the Milwaukee 2-5 have some of the best matchups vs. pitches thrown at them.  Yelich, Shaw, and Thames all had great #s vs. the top 4 pitches the StL SP uses. 

I have Renfroe written down too, and the SD bats are cheap if you are doing stud SPs (especially if you are on DK with 2 needed).

3 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Happ/Verlander/Smoak/Altuve/Correa/Shaw/Granderson/Reddick/Renfroe to be exact...

What type of contests you entering this in?

Tonight I am working on 1 LU that will be used for a few 50/50s and a 10 man, then I just have my usual 4 25cent LUs ready for my crazier ideas.

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

What type of contests you entering this in?

Tonight I am working on 1 LU that will be used for a few 50/50s and a 10 man, then I just have my usual 4 25cent LUs ready for my crazier ideas.

Yeah, this one is for 50/50's, I think those guys will be somewhat commonly used, I may do a couple variations on it for the larger ones, swapping out Happ for a cheaper pitcher and gambling on some all or nothing types.

5 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Yeah, this one is for 50/50's, I think those guys will be somewhat commonly used, I may do a couple variations on it for the larger ones, swapping out Happ for a cheaper pitcher and gambling on some all or nothing types.

One of the podcasts I listen to always harp on avoiding bats from Toronto vs a SP that throws a decent % of sliders.  Any truth to that?  I think the Yankee guys do, and looks like the guy for the Sox tonight does 23% time or so.  

1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

One of the podcasts I listen to always harp on avoiding bats from Toronto vs a SP that throws a decent % of sliders.  Any truth to that?  I think the Yankee guys do, and looks like the guy for the Sox tonight does 23% time or so.  

In general, I'd say it's safe to say the Jays have a lot of hackers and off speed stuff exposes that. Smoak looks locked in right now (was just player of the week and still comes cheaper than "elite" 1B), and Granderson's leading off, so he could get 5 PA's against the bad CWS pitcher/bullpen IMO, that's why I have those two in... Obviously Donaldson is always a safe bet too and Morales against LHP

...beyond those guys even against a bad pitcher, I wouldn't have a ton of confidence in Martin/Diaz/Travis/Pillar/Grichuk - though Grichuk's HR ability will likely make me pick him a few times in tournaments.

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

In general, I'd say it's safe to say the Jays have a lot of hackers and off speed stuff exposes that. Smoak looks locked in right now (was just player of the week and still comes cheaper than "elite" 1B), and Granderson's leading off, so he could get 5 PA's against the bad CWS pitcher/bullpen IMO, that's why I have those two in... Obviously Donaldson is always a safe bet too and Morales against LHP

...beyond those guys even against a bad pitcher, I wouldn't have a ton of confidence in Martin/Diaz/Travis/Pillar/Grichuk - though Grichuk's HR ability will likely make me pick him a few times in tournaments.

:thumbup:

I use Smoak a bit and have him in few of my season-longs.  I saw that Granderson was leading off, and I have Toronto LHBs written down, so I have him in my cash LU too.  

Right now I have:

Verlander/Godley - Montero/Freeman/Cabrera/Shaw/Semien/Harper/Reddick/Granderson.  

Couldn't seem to fit in Verlander and Kershaw, but did toy with going down from Godley to somebody else, but didn't know who.  I might do that and tweak some of the guys around to make it into a gpp LU.  Probably upgrade at 2B and SS doing that or get a stack in.  

Edited by KarmaPolice
1 person likes this

Correa goosed me last night with his toe issue after one at bat. Tread carefully.

12 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Correa goosed me last night with his toe issue after one at bat. Tread carefully.

I was surprised he was back in the LU tonight.  I think I have him in one super cheap gpp LU, but that's about it.  

Late only 3man

Verlander Pujols Lowrie Bregman Semien Reddick Springer Blackmon Piscotty

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

I was surprised he was back in the LU tonight.  I think I have him in one super cheap gpp LU, but that's about it.  

Whooops

my bad, good for you

26 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Whooops

my bad, good for you

Not really.  I am pretty sure he is in my LU with the Brewers stack.  :wall:  

1 person likes this

Apparently I should have added more Jays.

1 person likes this

I am right on the cusp, but behind the lines on both sites.  

I wimp out on playing too many of the same guys on both sites, and that got me off Freeman on FD.  Now I need Arenado and Semien to do something in the late games. 

Oh, and ####in Brewers! 

8 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I am right on the cusp, but behind the lines on both sites.  

I wimp out on playing too many of the same guys on both sites, and that got me off Freeman on FD.  Now I need Arenado and Semien to do something in the late games. 

Oh, and ####in Brewers! 

If you stuck with the lineup above, Reddick might have just cashed us both in.

1 person likes this

Which is to say I'm pretty sure I'm cashing in all my 50/50s

1 person likes this