Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KarmaPolice

MLB 2018

1,609 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

If you stuck with the lineup above, Reddick might have just cashed us both in.

It did.  Him I had on both sites, so that pushed me just ahead in all my cash contests (well, 50/50s anyway) 

Edited by KarmaPolice
1 person likes this

I am right at 50 in 2 and 52 in the other, so I still need Godley to get some Ks and something from Semien would also be nice. 

54 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I am right at 50 in 2 and 52 in the other, so I still need Godley to get some Ks and something from Semien would also be nice. 

Will a Reddick grand slam do?

42 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Will a Reddick grand slam do?

:lol:

Still barely.  Tough night with some high scores.  I am sitting at 49th place with 153 points on DK.  Hopefully if Godley gets the W that will do it.  Semien still at 0. 

FD I am in the 20s, so should clear.  0 luck on gpps anywhere. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Godley got the win, and Semien pitched in a couple points.  My LU ended up cashing the 50/50s, 2x and got 3rd in the 10 man I entered.  

Down a little on FD for the night b/c of gpps (cash LU did alright), but between the sites it was a very slight +.  

On to tomorrow where it looks like there might be some monster winds in 3 games on the early slate.  Could be fun..   Main slate looks less fun, I am sure I will pair Manaea with a couple Mariners and go from there.  

Edited by KarmaPolice
2 people like this

9 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

Late only 3man

Verlander Pujols Lowrie Bregman Semien Reddick Springer Blackmon Piscotty

Reddick saves the day and I cruise to a 40pt win.

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

Reddick saves the day and I cruise to a 40pt win.

:thumbup:

Posted (edited)

I don't think it was up the first couple days (or I missed it), but that CRUZ Model info on RG is also a great quick stop for a ton of info.  It has different ratings for cash players vs. gpp players that you can click.   It shows PFwOBA, ISO, SP K%, Bullpen info, wOBA of the players ahead and behind the batter, on and on..   Looks like you can still load this info into the free lineup builder too and get a cash LU idea.  

In the FAQs you can see what the weights are for each piece of info in the cash vs. gpp ratings.  Like you would guess, cash is more on batting order, K%, walk rate.  Gpp is power, surrounding wOBA, pen stats.

Edited by KarmaPolice

Posted (edited)

I say that, and when I was looking it doesn't look like the correct SP names are in there.  Maybe they are still tweaking it.  

ETA:  I just looked again, and now it's not there.  WTF?

Edited by KarmaPolice

lots of rainouts in the early games.

4 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

lots of rainouts in the early games.

I was just looking at the weather, and the report that I saw indicated that it's going to clear up enough in the afternoon that he thought there would be delays, but not PPDs.  :shrug:

I don't think I would trust an SP for either of the NY games unless they announce ahead of time that they are starting the game later in the afternoon.  Too big of a risk to go 2 innings and then delay for a few hours and go to bullpen.  

I am not doing much $ today, that's for sure.  Maybe a couple bucks combine on the 2 sites.  

I wanted to do a Severino and Yank stack but can't risk it. Think I'll take the day off.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

I wanted to do a Severino and Yank stack but can't risk it. Think I'll take the day off.

I did full on gpp and went Kluber + Philly stack.  Also did a Corbin + Yankee stack too.  

1 hour ago, Raging weasel said:

Yeah, nothing jumping out at me at all today, plus weather nonsense = not putting any money in, at least on the early games.

11 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Yeah, nothing jumping out at me at all today, plus weather nonsense = not putting any money in, at least on the early games.

I thought the main slate was worse.  I think Manaea and Gray are the SPs for the night, but not a ton of bats jumping out.  

I am sure I will have something in though.  :bag:

Go Cleveland, Yankees and Corbin! 

my one LU is at 112 on FD.  I squeezed in Corbin + Yankees 2-5 and Cleveland 2-5.  Corbin, Guyer, and Kipnis are ,10% owned.  

1 person likes this

Did a $2 gpp

Sanchez Smoak Lowrie Arenado Dejong Yelich Ozuna Granderson Shaw

Weird stacking Yelich/Ozuna on opposite sides.

I just need 4pts from Encarn and Ramirez to take down my 5 man on DK.  I guess I have to hope for 15 innings now.  

2 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

Did a $2 gpp

Sanchez Smoak Lowrie Arenado Dejong Yelich Ozuna Granderson Shaw

Weird stacking Yelich/Ozuna on opposite sides.

Good Luck!  I did 2 25cent entries on FD and went heavy Rockies:

Manaea Desmond Cano Seager Story K.Davis Pham Haniger Arenado

Gray Abreu Moncada Arenado Story Blackmon Delmonico Joyce Davidson

Cleveland didn't come through for the 5-man, but still made a couple bucks.  Night side cashed everything and 2Xed+ on DK.  Used Manaea + Gray for all the LUs.  

Today is pretty rough, but will still plop in a couple 25centers and a $1 2x just because I looked at stuff.  Windy in Boston, but Price should still be OK vs. TB.  Going with him and Paxton for the cash LU and looking at the SPs in the Mia/Philly game as gpp darts.  

1 person likes this

Where would I look to see who is likely to get bullpen work on the day for the teams?

Not having much luck on FD cheapies today.  Cashing on DK though.  

Tonight is junk, so just throwing in a couple 25cent entries.  For one I went game theory and stacked Balt figuring they would be low owned and Tanaka would be the highest owned SP.  The other one I just went with Tanaka, and jammed in the most ISO I could:  Tanaka - JMart - Gennett - Bryant - DeJong- Stanton - C.Dick - Duvall - C.Davis

My plan if I get home in time to do it is to stack the CIN/PIT game in GPP and hope that game is higher scoring than the Yankees game I assume everyone else will be on. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

My plan if I get home in time to do it is to stack the CIN/PIT game in GPP and hope that game is higher scoring than the Yankees game I assume everyone else will be on. 

I like that idea too. 

Well, Paxton gave up a couple and something else happened that made everybody scream past me in the cash contest, so looking like and 0-fer on both sites today on the early slate.  Maybe something will come out of the stuff I slapped together for tonight.  

2 hours ago, Northern Voice said:

:lmao: I was racing the clock and this kind of got away from me and I have this lineup tonight, only in the one big $5 contest in DraftKings thankfully (didn't realize the NYY game was an earlier start).

Lester/Wainwright/Molina/Votto/Harrison/Freese/DeJong/Duvall/Marte/Polanco

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Getting schooled tonight so far too. 

My hitters have me close to getting some money back but i think Wainwright was a fatal flaw tonight.

Edited by Northern Voice

:sigh:  Looking like lovely weather again tonight.  

I was thinking about doing something in the all-day slate and fading Coors and hammering that Tort/Tex game or Cubs.   I know it's Coors, but it's also 40degrees with the wind blowing in.  

@Northern Voice - how scary is it to be looking at putting a decent % of my hard earned $ on your Jays tonight in my LUs?.  

One podcast I was listening to just said to throw in McCullers, 3-4 Jays and work out the rest for cash.  

My placeholder cash LU for FD right now is McCullers Rizzo D.Travis Beltre Didi Trout Reddick Pearce Pillar.  I don't think I will use both those OFs, but will peak at batting orders when they come out and adjust.  Dropping down from Pillar to somebody like Mancini might get me a 3B upgrade, but probably not.    

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

@Northern Voice - how scary is it to be looking at putting a decent % of my hard earned $ on your Jays tonight in my LUs?.  

One podcast I was listening to just said to throw in McCullers, 3-4 Jays and work out the rest for cash.  

My placeholder cash LU for FD right now is McCullers Rizzo D.Travis Beltre Didi Trout Reddick Pearce Pillar.  I don't think I will use both those OFs, but will peak at batting orders when they come out and adjust.  Dropping down from Pillar to somebody like Mancini might get me a 3B upgrade, but probably not.    

I was listening on Sirius this AM and they liked the Jays/Rangers game (both sides) as well - they were saying similar to you - lots of values in the game let you pay up for McCullers. I like Pearce a lot against lefties, I think Morales might be sneaky value as well. Historically the Jays do hit lefties very well and Moore isn't a stud, so it makes sense. 

I guess a concern might be if you were listening to a podcast and I was hearing on the radio, it might be a pretty popular strategy tonight, maybe better for cash stuff than big tourneys?

14 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

I was listening on Sirius this AM and they liked the Jays/Rangers game (both sides) as well - they were saying similar to you - lots of values in the game let you pay up for McCullers. I like Pearce a lot against lefties, I think Morales might be sneaky value as well. Historically the Jays do hit lefties very well and Moore isn't a stud, so it makes sense. 

I guess a concern might be if you were listening to a podcast and I was hearing on the radio, it might be a pretty popular strategy tonight, maybe better for cash stuff than big tourneys?

I just looked, and the rain odds dropped, so now it's just 81 and humid in Tex.   It also looks like it now has the highest o/u on the day - bigger than Coors now.  

I struggle with the cash vs. gpp thing still.  I do think Toronto players + McCullers will a big cash play today.   IMO you can still play that in gpps, but you might want to get weirder other places.   gpp ideas I had for Toronto were:  McCullers +  bottom of the order Jays stack like Pearce, Grichuk, Martin, Pillar.   Pivot to a SP like Hendricks at the same price to McCullers and play cash guys, or go super cheap SP like Bridwell and jam stud Jays plus guys like Judge, Altuve, whatever.  

Other gpp ideas I was staring at:  Balt (has good BvP vs. CC, especially Jones and Manny), bottom of the order Houston Lefties, NY Lefties,  Cubs stack, Angels stack.  

If I have a good # of Toronto players in my DK and FD cash LUs, will probably do mostly other stuff besides them in gpps.  (I throw my cash LU in a cheap gpp anyway). 

The one thing they said is if you aren't using Travis at 2B in cash you are dumb (assuming he leads off).

@KarmaPolice, might be a good day to use your Oak bats, I'm thinking Bridwell for gpp tonight with hou,Tor,Pitt bats.

1 minute ago, Raging weasel said:

@KarmaPolice, might be a good day to use your Oak bats, I'm thinking Bridwell for gpp tonight with hou,Tor,Pitt bats.

Don't you encourage me too ;).  

I did see that Olson has the highest HR odds and K.Davis the 7th highest.  Of course I have them written down most nights.  I think Olson will be a big pivot for me off Smoak and Rizzo who I would think will be higher owned.  

J.Aguilar was one of my boys last year in gpps (of course had him last night) , and another one might be up tonight in D.Robinson if he plays for Tex.  I am thinking about a Robinson-Choo-Gallo gpp dart. 

I've used an Oak stack 3 times so far when they supposedly had great matchups. I cashed twice but it was more in spite of them than because of them.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

I've used an Oak stack 3 times so far when they supposedly had great matchups. I cashed twice but it was more in spite of them than because of them.

Like I said, there are 3 teams that on paper have all the power in the world that I get sucked into, but suck it up a lot b/c they K so much:

Oak, SD, Milw

I wish I knew how to quit them. 

Edited by KarmaPolice
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

The one thing they said is if you aren't using Travis at 2B in cash you are dumb (assuming he leads off).

Can't pass up that .050/.095/.050 slash line.

2 people like this

24 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Can't pass up that .050/.095/.050 slash line.

:shrug:

It's a RG podcast, and he's their #1 pt/$ guy as of now as well.  

Posted (edited)

I was looking at BvP quick and Judge has 3 HRs off Gaussman in 12 at bats.  :lol:   I hate playing that guy though.  He and Harper always make me pull my hair out.  

Edited by KarmaPolice