Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KarmaPolice

MLB 2018

:lol: 

Man, am I getting old.  I could've sworn I used a bit of Miami as fillers - Bour, Prado, Dietrich.  I got excited when I saw the score, opened up FD, and saw that I had 0% of them.  I know I at least clicked on them a few times, but I must have rotated them out for other pieces as I was putzing around.  

5 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol: 

Man, am I getting old.  I could've sworn I used a bit of Miami as fillers - Bour, Prado, Dietrich.  I got excited when I saw the score, opened up FD, and saw that I had 0% of them.  I know I at least clicked on them a few times, but I must have rotated them out for other pieces as I was putzing around.  

Was just coming to ask if anyone stacked Marlins-- I didn't use any because I was using Helickson:X

Rain just starting in Det probably because I did a last second Verlander lineup on FD and used 5 guys from this game. And here comes the tarp.

Just got back from vacation so quickly did 8 .25 GPP lineups on FD.   Did a lot of Bour and for some reason Turner at SS seemed to fit in quite a few of my lineups.  I have a MIA/WASH stack with Marco Gonzalez at P.  Unfortunately, I included Rendon who has done nothing, but Albies fit in at 2nd so that lineup is at 193 with P to go.  Hope Gonzalez does well.

Have 3 Gonz, 2 Verlander, 2 Cueto, and 1 Slegers for my pitchers.

Lets go Rendon, do something.

• Like 2

Ended up at 270.8 which put me 27th and $20.  Two others at 208 and 205 got $1 and 188 and 157 got .50.   So, $2 in and $23.25 out.   305.8 points won it all for $1000 and 305.7 got $500.

My Cueto MIN/BALT line up hit 30.5 for 66641st place out of 67065

• Like 2

6 hours ago, needanap said:

Ended up at 270.8 which put me 27th and $20.  Two others at 208 and 205 got $1 and 188 and 157 got .50.   So, $2 in and $23.25 out.   305.8 points won it all for $1000 and 305.7 got $500.

My Cueto MIN/BALT line up hit 30.5 for 66641st place out of 67065

:thumbup:

Nice!!

Going to Chicago with the wife, so I am going to throw a WTF LU in this morning, but mostly taking the weekend off.  

Cheap SPs I was looking at were Lynn (28% K vs. RHBs and Balt stinks), Gray, Zimmerman,  and Gaviglio.  

Vegas total isn't out, but just quick look and I think my focus is the Dodgers again today.   Pena can't strike out LHBs (9%), giving up hard contact (48%), has a 1.76 WHIP to lefties, and it's supposed to be 100+ degrees in LA today.  The downfall is he looks to be a groundball pitcher, but the Dodgers up and down look to be high FB hitters.  

Good Luck, all!

My current DK LU:

Gray/Lynn  Grandal Bellinger B.Miller Muncy C.Taylor JD Mart Judge Joc 

I like this core.  I can swap C.Taylor and E.Hernandez at a similar price, can swap other SPs for similar price,  there are other options for that price at 2B, and it leaves me $ for 2 stud OFs to go with it.  

Basically, I just have a few bucks on the Dodgers today.  

FD LU that I will pivot off for the other 25cent entries:

Gaviglio Bellinger Muncy Devers Taylor JD Mart Ohtani N.Williams Grandal

You know you had a bad DK night when negative 3.5pts isn't even your worst player, you get 45 from another player and still double digits from cashing.

Had a $2 entry on FD cash for $4 so did ok there.

I'm going to be pretty busy today too so just doing a lineup or 2 each site mostly on the express or late slate.

Have this for FD right now in a $1 SE gpp

Gray Bellinger Holt Devers Bogarts Betts Pederson Kemp Moran

Doing 4 FD LU's tonight, and three of them will have either Sale, DeGrom or McCullers at SP. Peralta will be the 4th. Seems that there are sufficient value players to be able to fit in the top three SP's, so, we'll see what happens. O/U on the TEX-DET game is 9.5, so, gonna go looking there I reckon, with Colon & Zimmerman on the mound.

• Like 1

Guess my night's over early; Joey Gallo in 3 LU's and he was a late scratch after running into somebody in the outfield during BP. Was on my way home from work when that came out and by the time I get home, game's already started. :rant:

1 hour ago, reel_smooth said:

Guess my night's over early; Joey Gallo in 3 LU's and he was a late scratch after running into somebody in the outfield during BP. Was on my way home from work when that came out and by the time I get home, game's already started. :rant:

I had him in 1 but Gray is killing a lineup on each site. Have Sale in a FD 50/50 to save my night 

Complete bust tonight.  

Wife and I decided to go to Wrigley tomorrow, so just did a SE on DK since I didn't see anything on FD.  Figured I would game stack the game we are going to for fun.  

2 scrub SPs + Barnhart Rizzo Scooter Suarez Baez Scwarber Hayward Schebler.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Complete bust tonight.  

Wife and I decided to go to Wrigley tomorrow, so just did a SE on DK since I didn't see anything on FD.  Figured I would game stack the game we are going to for fun.  

2 scrub SPs + Barnhart Rizzo Scooter Suarez Baez Scwarber Hayward Schebler.  

Nice, have a good time!

I also had a total bust night.

50 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

Nice, have a good time!

:thumbup:

Neither of us have much of a care for either team besides maybe following them a little as kids.  Just a nice day, neither of us have been to Wrigley, so WTF. 

Did 6 .25 and 1 $1.  $2.25 in and $3 out thanks to McCullers.  Missed cashing in another by 3 points with Gallo in line up.  Had the pitching but just not enough of the hitters.

Doing same number today.  Will use Max in some and only Chen and McGuire have been ruled out as P for other lineups.

Optimizer is showing Max and then KC and SD stacks, interesting.

Have alot going on today so just $1 at each site in the early slate-4 .25ers on DK and a $1 SE on FD. Only using Paxton, Morton, Martinez and Matz at SP with 3-4 man stacks from Hou,Cle,Cin,Cubs and Phil with value guys mixed in.

Good luck

6 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

Only 1 of the .25ers cashed but it was 1st place for $10. Min cashed on FD for $2.  Took the night off

Nice! Mine were complete duds again, but the game was a blast. 

What was the LU that got first? 

49 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Nice! Mine were complete duds again, but the game was a blast. 

What was the LU that got first? 

Morton Matz Hicks Davis Goodrum Andrus Bregman Castellanos Hamilton Winker. 163.40

• Like 1

Cash line on main slate is going up over 200.  Bummer when line up hits 250 and it is a min cash over 100 points behind the leader.

7 hours ago, needanap said:

Cash line on main slate is going up over 200.  Bummer when line up hits 250 and it is a min cash over 100 points behind the leader.

Yeah, the weather is heating up and baseballs are starting to fly again.  Well, except for the players I've tried in the last few days. ;)

2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Yeah, the weather is heating up and baseballs are starting to fly again.  Well, except for the players I've tried in the last few days. ;)

You must've used the same Cubs stack I did-(Rizzo,Heyward,Schwarber,Happ). My 2nd best lineup was Matz/Fiers,those 4+ Cin stack that missed cashing by 4ish.

Today at SP I like Newcomb, Eovaldi, Castillo and Kingham. Hou,Bos,Cle,NYY and CWS. Will have alot of Hamilton again with Lester on the mound and also Barnhart since Gattis and Gomes got the day off.

4 .25ers, $1 59man and $2 3man pickem on DK and a $1 SE on FD.

Heading out to the golf course- good luck!!

2 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

You must've used the same Cubs stack I did-(Rizzo,Heyward,Schwarber,Happ). My 2nd best lineup was Matz/Fiers,those 4+ Cin stack that missed cashing by 4ish.

You know it's bad when I threw one in the 2 game slate on FD, had Baez, and still missed the cut by 40+. 

Yep, I think I had mostly the lefties in.  Hayward took a foul off his foot, so was hurt, and happ has been off for a bit I think.  

Today I just threw a couple 25cent entries in at breakfast.  I think on FD I did Yankees and Houst, hoping the 2.0k prospect for Houst plays.  

Tigers pre game just said Castellanos has been scratched. Probably puts Bibins-Dirk in play at min salary.

KC SP Junis also hit the DL so bullpen day for them now so Bosox in even better shape despite JD sitting.

Not much again yesterday, but I'm back at home so I can actually do a little of this research thing again.  

First glance I think Duffy is in play at those prices.  Minn is bad vs. LHP and his two terrible games lately have been vs. Bost and Cleveland - no shame in that.   I am looking at both SPs in that game, actually.   Not touching the 2 top priced guys at those salaries, especially on DK.  I think Cole has only hit 30+pts once in about 3 months.  Can't get sub 2x pts/$ in gpps.  

I couldn't cash yesterday either, finally got SP right for the most part(TY Dirkk-Bevins) but only 2 of my bats hit double digits.

Agree that SP is tough at DK today, haven't looked at FD yet. I like Erod,Berrios and Duffy does seem too cheap. For riskier guys there is Anderson,Suarez and Urena who could hit value or get blown up. Would have some interest in Archer if he wasn't fresh off the DL and most likely on a pitch count.

For bats like Bos,Hou,Cle Wash and LAD but all are priced up. Probably be a light action day for me.

Edited by Raging weasel

Hou and Cle burned me yesterday so not sure I want to go right back to them plus they are expensive . Bos will likely be the chalk stack and are also expensive. May eat the chalk in Pearce and look mostly to Nats and Dodgers for the rest. May even just game stack Pitt/Wash since Cervelli is back and under priced and Polanco and Moran are decent values.

32 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

Hou and Cle burned me yesterday so not sure I want to go right back to them plus they are expensive . Bos will likely be the chalk stack and are also expensive. May eat the chalk in Pearce and look mostly to Nats and Dodgers for the rest. May even just game stack Pitt/Wash since Cervelli is back and under priced and Polanco and Moran are decent values.

DK especially seems to be trying to force people's hands of playing a couple less than optimal SPs with any decent teams.  It's getting harder and harder to find decent values there.  

With Montas' stats vs. LHBs, I might try that Tucker kid for Houst again at 2.0K on FD.   I started a LU with Duffy, Tucker, Pearce, and could just about do whatever else I wanted after that, as it left me with 3.88K/player with that core.

• Like 1

Threw in some odd darts for the 25cent entries like a Cincy stack, Tex stack, Cubs-R stack, and Pitts/Wash game stack.  Going to do 3 in the 3 max as well and focus more on Cleveland/Bost/Dodgers.   Not sure if I will get to DK tonight.  Maybe if there is a 25cent entry open after I am done with FD and waiting for my son's game to start.  

Looks like I am mostly on E.Rod, Duffy, Berrios tonight so we will see how that turns out.  

Doing a $1 SE on each site

DK

Erod Anderson Wieters Pearce Miller Ramirez Bogarts Soto Hernandez Gonzalez

FD

Erod Pearce Muncy Moran Turner Betts Tucker Dickerson Adams

Not any stacking just guys I think(hope) will have good games.

Good luck

Doing 6 .25 and 1 $1.  Erod in a few, Chase Anderson, and I am putting Kershaw out there a couple times.  I don't like Kershaw, but I heard something a long time ago that he likes hot weather and it is hot and humid here today.    Did some Boston stacks, Wash and Pitt, and did a TB stack also.  Have Urena in one line up also as a flyer.

Generally just tried to pick guys I hope will do well, did not really look at any stats.

Good luck all.

2 hours ago, needanap said:

Doing 6 .25 and 1 $1.  Erod in a few, Chase Anderson, and I am putting Kershaw out there a couple times.  I don't like Kershaw, but I heard something a long time ago that he likes hot weather and it is hot and humid here today.    Did some Boston stacks, Wash and Pitt, and did a TB stack also.  Have Urena in one line up also as a flyer.

Generally just tried to pick guys I hope will do well, did not really look at any stats.

Good luck all.

If you did Erod with Pitt/TB you're probably doing pretty well.

183 with Erod/Bos/Pitt players.  Bogaerts with 0 did not help.  All my lineups seemed to miss on expensive SS (Turner,Bogaerts,Lindor).

Hopefully will break even for night.

4 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Go Duffy, Go!

You had a good night on the P calls.  Bummer the bullpen promptly blows the W for Duffy, but maybe Berrios will end up with the W now.

43 minutes ago, needanap said:

You had a good night on the P calls.  Bummer the bullpen promptly blows the W for Duffy, but maybe Berrios will end up with the W now.

Not helping a ton, since like you I had too many 0s with high priced guys - mine was J.Ram.  

I do have a DK LU with Berrios and Duffy both in it that might have me up a couple bucks on the night between the two sites.  I really could use A.Russell doing something, as he is only 3-4% and in that LU.  

Podcast was talking up De Los Santos for Philly today.  Only 5.5K on FD I think.   I guess he's a decent prospect that b/c of his size hides the ball well.   Not 100% about a 1st start for 7.5K on DK, but I wrote him down to look at more there too.  

2 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Podcast was talking up De Los Santos for Philly today.  Only 5.5K on FD I think.   I guess he's a decent prospect that b/c of his size hides the ball well.   Not 100% about a 1st start for 7.5K on DK, but I wrote him down to look at more there too.  

I paired him up with Helickson with Bos and TB stacks.Anyone with K potential vs the Mets has a shot at 25DK points IMO. Also like Hill,Richards, Quintana and Slegers.

• Like 1

Hellickson may turn it around, but he has been horrible lately.  His minor league rehab start was epic bad and his two starts since have been very bad.  Pitt is still cheap so I am going to stack a couple against him

I have aso seen a couple places tout DeLosSantos.  Will probably use DLS and Slegers in some lineups so as to allow COL/ARZ/BOS hitters.

I have 8 .25 GPPs so sure there will be some weird lineups.  Just waiting for lineups to be posted.  Hoping LA/SD does not get posted too late as I think there may be some hitters in that one.

Decided to start with basics today to narrow down some teams, so I wrote down teams vs. an SP with a higher WHIP (+1.5), giving up stats to bats, high HR/9 on the slate, and vs. a lower rated bullpen. Here are teams that hit multiple of those:

All 4 categories

Toronto-L.  :  Teheran is giving up .347/.196 to LHBs, to go with a 42%FB rate and 43% Hard contact in a park catered to LHBs.  

3 categories:

Dodgers-R:  highest WHIP on the slate

Boston - both sides

Milw-R   not much here besides Aguilar. 

Az - R

Stl - both:   This is one of the odd ones, b/c Covey's stats have been decent, but I think he is trending downward.  I think one of the RG guys posted a bit ago that teams aren't biting on his low stuff anymore, so now he has been getting hit over the last few games.  

2 categories:

Pitts - L

Balt -R

Clev- L

Minn - both

NYY

I prefer away teams to stack if possible, so I think that narrows it down to Toronto, Az, StL first to look at b/c of stadium with Dodgers next?  Then filling in with Boston and the other 2 category teams and look for power there? 

Only have a few minutes to post, but, came across this tidbit and thought it might be worth sharing: LAA vs. Leake.

Mike Leake: .326 WOBA & .151 ISO to LHB's, .313 WOBA & .169 ISO to RHB's. Not sure this in and of itself is all that spectacular. However .........

Luis Valbuena vs. Leake: .423 Avg in 23 AB's

Andrelton Simmons Vs. Leake: .375 Avg in 24 AB's

Mike Trout vs. Leake: .500 Avg in 14 AB's

Justin Upton Vs. Leake: .389 Avg in 18 AB's

Could well be a good GPP stack, especially with Valbuena coming in at the $2k minimum.

• Like 1

Nice post, RS.

I was going to come in to day that looking at just his last 30days, despite what I posted above with Toronto, Teheran is probably still in play tonight since they lose their dh and one of their better bats.  Could see it either way, which is,what gpps are for.