Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KarmaPolice

MLB 2018

1,544 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Raging weasel said:

A case could be made for using Skaggs or Stripling tonight too. Maybe build the ultimate gpp all or nothing lineup with 1 of them and Matz then stack Yanks and Cle. 

Not sure I'll have the balls to keep it without mixing in some more Dodgers but have this in a $1 SE

Stripling Matz Gomes Muncy Kipnis Andujar Lindor Bellinger Hicks Stanton

Posted (edited)

Ended up with 7 Stripling and 2 Miley lineups.   Hope Muncy has a good game.  Also, both Bautista and Conforto seem to hit Scherzer well and at 2400 and 2300 they ended up in a couple lineups.   Avoided NY/CLev/TB/Min/LAA/SEA for the most part.  Would really like TOR to get their lineup in, I am using a few of them that are cheap (I don't like David Price) but not sure they are playing.

Also, played Toles from LAD -- if he does not play I am going to have to scramble because he is only $2K and probably won't know his status until late.

ETA -- Tor worked out very well, $2300 for 2b hitting 2nd and Grichuk and Teo Hernandez are both cheap at 1st and 3rd in lineup

Edited by needanap

Well, I guess I am sticking with my initial thought of Dodgers-L and Wash-R as the main focus for the $1 LUs.   Stuck mostly with the same bats, and mixed in SPs.  I have a couple Snell LUs in there, as RG thinks it might be more of a delay and play late, but I could try Paxton for the same price too.  

Have a few 25cent LUs reserved and not sure what to do with them yet.  

Toles is playing and moved up a little to the 6 spot, so that helps a bit so I don't have to scramble.  

6 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

Not sure I'll have the balls to keep it without mixing in some more Dodgers but have this in a $1 SE

Stripling Matz Gomes Muncy Kipnis Andujar Lindor Bellinger Hicks Stanton

Broke down and mixed in a few more Dodgers.

Stripling Matz Grandal Muncy Utley Ramirez Lindor Stanton Judge Hernandez

Good luck all, I'll especially need it

Bummer, I had Justin Turner in one lineup but had to be away from my computer.  Had I known I could have same price swapped in Rendon, but instead I got stuck with Seager.  Dang life getting in the way.

And Pearce coming out does not help either...

Edited by needanap

Dodgers really need to do something or yet another dud night on tap.   Had a bit of Rendon and Taillon, but not much else around them, I guess.  

Unsurprisingly I didn't cash either. Taillon/Gibson as my 2nd SP would've helped but real problem was I picked the wrong Yanks and Dodgers were a bust.

Just two of the 8 min cashed for me.  Max Muncy (and all LAD) and Steve Pearce tanked a number of lineups.  Not sure what the plan will be tonight with so many games.  May try and see how many guys from SEA/COL I can get into my lineup.  

Got my butt handed to me last night and went 0-fer.    Last night as I watched Paxton, Kluber, Severino, Scherzer, Snell throw duds I had a flash of my post from probably a month ago where I said that it's probably not worth it to pay for SPs in gpps, especially on FD.  Maybe I should listen to myself a little more, as I had a bit of Taillon, but not nearly enough as I was convinced that one of those other guys had a better shot at a 50+pt game.  

On to today, where there is 0 worry about stud SPs on this slate... 

Just now, needanap said:

Just two of the 8 min cashed for me.  Max Muncy (and all LAD) and Steve Pearce tanked a number of lineups.  Not sure what the plan will be tonight with so many games.  May try and see how many guys from SEA/COL I can get into my lineup.  

I just saw a projected LU that didn't have Cruz in there.  Not sure if he got dinged last night or something, but that would hurt their scoring a bit.  On the plus side, it would make the stack a little cheaper.  

Busy at work and not really into doing much research today. Just going to do a pickem or 2 on DK and 1 SE lineup for $1. Sticking with Eovaldi and stacks of Mil and Mets.

36 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

Busy at work and not really into doing much research today. Just going to do a pickem or 2 on DK and 1 SE lineup for $1. Sticking with Eovaldi and stacks of Mil and Mets.

Be warned... that's what I also just wrote down for myself.  

Edited by KarmaPolice

13 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Be warned... that's what I also just wrote down for myself.  

It was either Eovaldi or Odorizzi.

1 hour ago, Raging weasel said:

It was either Eovaldi or Odorizzi.

Depending on LU, I actually wrote down the Tort SP as a punt option as well. Bost isn't that great vs. LHPs, and if Pearce sits that's one less that can actually hit them.  

$1 SE

Eovaldi Aguilar Villar Shaw Andrus Choo Mazara Thames Springer

Also have a $2 pickem on DK

Good luck

1 person likes this

Looking at stats more, I kept landing on A.Sanchez, so I will try that.  AZ has 4th lowest (sub .300) team wOBA on the season and 24% K rate.   I did throw Chatwood in a 25cent entry on FD b/c you aren't dinged for walks there.  

I did throw a few WTF 25 cent Seattle entries in there, but concentrated on the mid-lower end of the batting order hoping for lower ownership.  Since they were cheap I threw together 2 LUs with Seager, Span, Gamel, Healy and a low SP.  One was a Coors stack:  Sanchez Healy A.Cabrera Seager Story Gamel Span Blackmon Gonzales.  

My WTF LU with a late hammer was stacking Cubs with Yankees:  Contreras Baez Bryant Kingery Hicks Judge Gardner Bird.

I went with cheap pitchers and COL/SEA hitters with some BALT/TEX and PHI thrown in.   My hitting portfolio is not very diversified, so a 2-1 Col-Sea game will knock out everyone of my lineups. 

Pitchers used: Borucki, Chatwood, Keller, Jackson, Oddorizi, and Pena

Figured it was Friday so I would throw caution to the wind and go all in with my $2 (8x.25)!

Good luck everyone

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Welp, so much for that Borucki idea.  Started off strong in the 1st inning...

And so much for Mil/Tex stack

Still managed to stay + on the night.  Up $3 on DK and down a tad on FD.   On DK one was a Seattle stack, the other Color stack.  If only I would have combined the SPs better, as one was a CMart/Shields combo and the other was Sanchez/Borucki.  FD the main one that cashed was of course a Coors stack and I had Sanchez with that one too.  

Just looking now at how today's slates are broken up on the sites.  

Also, @Raging weasel, did you see that FD has their version of the pick 'em?  The unfortunate thing is that it's 3 SPs and 3bats, and the reason you usually do those is to avoid a slate with crappy pitching.  

Slightly + day yesterday.  LeMahieu was a late scratch, so I had move a couple pieces around to get in Baez instead and he came through.  Also rolled out Gray and that worked out.  Not a big day, but + is +.  

On to the last day before the all-star break.  

I took last night and today off from DFS as part of an anniversary gift to my wife so good luck to all and cya after the break.

1 person likes this