What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB 2018 (1 Viewer)

My early lineups

$1 SE gpp

Barrios Mikolas Grandal Muncy Harrison Moran Adrianza(never heard of him but all I could afford) Pederson Bellinger Fowler

.25 gpp

Barrios Sheilds Diaz Martinez Carpenter Bryant Baez Blackmon CarGo Duvall

Good luck

Raging weasel said:
Another split slate day and the early is lacking quality SP options. Usually love Mikolas but not at 10.9k as he doesn't get enough Ks. 10.6k is alot for Barrios and he will probably be the chalk but has 10k potential at home so he's in for sure.

I've been stacking vs Sheilds all year and he's proved me wrong every time so today I'm going to use him at SP2. Plus I'm mad at the Twins for letting me down last night.

You could try Taillion if LAD goes rights heavy but he's been getting crushed by lefty power. Only other guy I'd take a shot on is Chatwood as the Phil's are slumping.

Top stack option is probably Stl but I'm just going to take a couple guys from a few teams that I think are in good spots and hope for the best.

Playing a big 25 cents in the early and going with this pending lineup release.

Barrios Sheilds Barnhart Martinez Carpenter Bryant Baez Blackmon CarGo Duvall
So of course the chalk(35-47%) Twins go off today vs my SP2 and not last night when they had a better matchup and I really needed them to

At least random Twin I never heard of homered to help my $1 gpp.

I have had 0 luck on DK for going on 2 weeks now.  Today I was too heavy on that Col/Cin game.  
Sorry for sucking you in. I finished with 172.50 which was good for 8th and $15 when I left work but already down to 17th. Hopefully Col/Cin ends quick and Cubs low scoring so I can hang on for a $5-$6 cash.

Sorry for sucking you in. I finished with 172.50 which was good for 8th and $15 when I left work but already down to 17th. Hopefully Col/Cin ends quick and Cubs low scoring so I can hang on for a $5-$6 cash.
I'm a grown man.  The $1 SE on FD filled up as I submitted a LU, so I was probably going to find something on DK or do the $2SE on FD, so you probably saved me $1 if anything.  ;)

Besides Houst and Cole, I have 0 clue where to go tonight.  

I was poking around on the stat cast site, and Oak/Houst guys popped out, as did odd one-offs like C.Gomez, Gallo, Moreland.  

Besides Houst and Cole, I have 0 clue where to go tonight.  

I was poking around on the stat cast site, and Oak/Houst guys popped out, as did odd one-offs like C.Gomez, Gallo, Moreland.  
I've got this in a $1 3man. Probably do a pickem too so don't have to worry about pitching.

Cole Beeks Wynns Smoak Lowrie Valencia Semien Davis Mancini Heredia

I've got this in a $1 3man. Probably do a pickem too so don't have to worry about pitching.

Cole Beeks Wynns Smoak Lowrie Valencia Semien Davis Mancini Heredia
Despite my luck lately, I put a few into that huge 50cent gpp.   Trying to think of a way to make at least one of them a little odd since it's 5games and a huge gpp.  I like yours and targeting some Balt/Tort bats.  

One way I thought is to take a poke at one of the cheap SPs not named Beeks and/or using Det?

Despite my luck lately, I put a few into that huge 50cent gpp.   Trying to think of a way to make at least one of them a little odd since it's 5games and a huge gpp.  I like yours and targeting some Balt/Tort bats.  

One way I thought is to take a poke at one of the cheap SPs not named Beeks and/or using Det?
Blackburn is min price,at home and facing KC. I figured he'd be chalk with Cole so went to Beeks as Tigers have a history of making debut pitchers look like future HOFers.

Finished 20th in the early for $6 so up $4.75 today. There weren't any .25 gpps or pickem games left so just have the $1 3man and DK freeroll for tonight. 

If I had flipped my catcher spot in the 2 early lineups would have finished 2nd for $125 :wall:

Hopefully you didn't use Beeks and used Det.  Looks like I'm done for the night.

Ok, been away for a few days .......... I hate nightshifts!!! When I'm having to sleep before and/or in betweeen night shifts, it really cuts down on my time for this. Oh well.

Early thought for Friday; how can you not like Jhoulys Chacin tonight? 7.5K for a SP going up against a Phillies team that is, so far in the month of June, averaging just over ten strikeouts per game while scoring less than 3 runs per game. Yeah, I understand that they've been on the road for those games and that they're back home tonight. But they really have looked that bad the last two weeks, going 4-9. 

I like Chacin and use him often but mostly at home. That said he is in a good spot tonight and I'll have him in at least 1 matchup . My fav SP for tonight is Strasburg followed closely by Sale and Verlander.

I have been dumpster diving a lot lately, but just taking a general overview of the night and the pricing, would be be really putting ourselves behind not using a stud or two?  If you just look at teams that K% the most on the season vs. handedness of batter you would see W.Sox, Tex, NY, Milw popping up at the top.   So right there you have Sale, DeGrom, and Verlander in elite matchups, and V.V. being strong vs. RHBs against Milwaukee.   On DK, I think DeGrom/Sale are underpriced by a bit considering the K matchups.  Hell, I just used some turd Toronto SP vs. NY the other day b/c he K'd RHBs 30% and he pitched a gem. 

That doesn't even bring up Bauer, Stras, Happ, and Tanaka who are also in good spots.  It just feels like the pivot from the main studs are also studs.  On DK, I am not sure that I can look lower than V.V. and on FD lower than Tanaka.  

I know there is Coors, but when I looked at things and saw the matchups that the studs have, I am just not too sure somebody from the middle tier can keep up and could see 2-3 of those studs absolutely destroying.   I am more willing to move off them on nights when it's just 2 studs and they have iffy matchups.  

B/c I leaning stud SP, I went looking for cheap power to fill in a couple spots and still have enough for a mini stack.

On FD:

Toronto bats - Granderson, Morales, Grichuck, Diaz

TB - Robertson, Field

Valencia, Chisenhall (not gotten there this season, but last year was good vs. RHPs), Reddick, Joc P, D.Cozens (if he starts for Philly).  

On DK:

A lot of the same names as above, but watch the AZ LU as there are some dirt cheap options there - Avila, Owings, K.Marte.   

Other guys I wrote down that were <4K on DK:  Bellinger, J.Mart (stl), C.Santana, J.Turner, Rendon, K.Seager, Kinsler, Solarte, Kipnis, Renfroe, F.Reyes

It's a horrible park, but the SP TB is rolling out is awful, and the guy behind him is Andriese who is just OK, so another Seattle plug and they are mostly underpriced on DK.  I started DK with DeGrom/Sale and Healy/Seager/Haniger/Cruz and depending on value would still have enough for a Coors OF like Peralta or C.Gonz or an upgrade to somebody else in the 4.5K range.   I think I am going to do a few of those, and then the rest just mix and match and try to catch some HRs.    NY is also cheap b/c of the matchup so I thought about that too.

FD the pricing opens it up for more teams/stacks, IMO.   Using the cheap guys,  I paired Strasburg with Lamb/Descalso/Peralta/CGonz,  Cleveland stack, etc..  

Yep, today is the opposite of most of the week so far as we have a bunch of stud SP to choose from and also a decent mid-tier. I went crazy and did a full 7 entries in a .25 gpp just to get some exposure to most of them.

Due to spending up on SP I'm mostly fading the Coors game other than 1 with a solo Blackmon and another with an Ariz stack . I m using some teams/players I normally don't so each lineup can have at least 1 stud bat. There are some cheap Cin lefties(Winker,Hamilton) in a good spot and also have a Mia stack :shock: Also really like Wash and Cle today.

FWIW, I just took a peek at RGs HR predictor and their odds at a player hitting a HR.  5 of their top 14 were Seattle guys - Cruz, Zunino, Hainger, Seager, Healy.   The top 2 were Reyes/C.Vill.   Others on the list - M.Olson, JD Mart (isn't he dinged up?), Soto, Gallo, Judge, K.Davis.  

Yep, today is the opposite of most of the week so far as we have a bunch of stud SP to choose from and also a decent mid-tier. I went crazy and did a full 7 entries in a .25 gpp just to get some exposure to most of them.

Due to spending up on SP I'm mostly fading the Coors game other than 1 with a solo Blackmon and another with an Ariz stack . I m using some teams/players I normally don't so each lineup can have at least 1 stud bat. There are some cheap Cin lefties(Winker,Hamilton) in a good spot and also have a Mia stack :shock: Also really like Wash and Cle today.
Just scanning quick and looking for teams that have 3-4 players under 4K that could be looked at to stack with 2 stud SPs, and I came up with:

StL, Seat, Toronto, Mia, SD, Philly, NY, Balt, Cinc , LaD

The bolded were teams I wrote down as being top 12 Os vs. handedness of the SP on the year.    Facing a low rated bullpen on that list were SD, Cinc, NY, Tort, StL.    vs an SP with a high HR/9 were Seattle, StL, Mia, SD.    I think Balt is an easy cross off the list vs. Happ, and LaD was a tighter squeeze salary-wise , so probably not them (unless using V.V).  Philly I might look for a one off, but they are probably off too.  I think in order I have them:

Seattle, StL, Tort,  NY, Cincy, SD, Mia

But haven't looked much farther at the SPs and WHIP, BB%, etc.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Harvey's horrible vs. LHBs, but StL only has 1 worthwhile, the top of Cincy batting order doesn't seem to have any power, and C.Smith is good enough to limit SD's upside.  After looking at the stuff further, I think on DK if I am stacking in a LU, I am going to focus on Seattle, Toronto, a sprinkle of NY, but mostly I think it might be a mix and match night after that.   That is with the starting point of DeGrom/Sale which I seem to like the best, but if I go slightly cheaper that might open another team up.  

Since I like the SPs, I put in for 12 25cent on DK.  Right now I am thinking 3-4 Seattle, 2-3 Toronto, 1-2 NY and the rest mix and match.  

B/c I leaning stud SP, I went looking for cheap power to fill in a couple spots and still have enough for a mini stack.

On FD:

Toronto bats - Granderson, Morales, Grichuck, Diaz

TB - Robertson, Field

Valencia, Chisenhall (not gotten there this season, but last year was good vs. RHPs), Reddick, Joc P, D.Cozens (if he starts for Philly).  

Looking at having a pretty fair amount of shares on Granderson & Robertson as well, stacking Granderson w/ Morales in a few LU's. Liking a few ARI stacks, and while I don't know that it translates well to DFS, in standard-scoring Yahoo! season-long FBB, Joc P. is the #1 player for the last week. At 2.4K, yes - I'll have some of that too!

Doing two $1 single-entry LU's & two $.25 LU's and a different SP for each. Along w/ Chacin, going to run out Sale, Strasburg & Bauer.

Another player they were chirping about on the podcast was Bauer, the 1B for TB.  I think he is min priced and they said even though he didn't have a hit last night, all his hits were 95mph with 2 being 100mph+.  He is batting 6th tonight. 

:shrug:

Did the $2 single game PIT/CHC GPP.   Had Bryant in, but switched in Rizzo at the last minute.   I won $5.  Had I not switched I would have tied for 1st for $325.  Oh well.

Have 6 .25 GPP entries.  Have DeGrom, Buehler, and C Smith so far.  

Odubel Herrera at home batting 2nd seems cheap at $2600.  I looked at Bauers from TB yesterday, but he was not a great hitter in the minors so I don't see him being much value in the majors (put him in your lineup, he'll probably hit a couple HRs).

One lineup is MIA/SEA stacking the tops of their orders and another lineup has a ARZ stack.  Then mix and match.

Also, have a free NBA lineup and a free WNBA lineup going tonight.  Who knew RW had a lineup optimizer for WNBA.

Good luck all

FWIW, of the studs on FD they have Strasburg and Verlander at 5% and Sale/DeGrom at 23%/10% owned.  Bauer and Happ each 2.5% or less.

DK is same ranking will all 4 10% owned or more with Happ/Bauer 5%/2.5%.   Richards and V.V are the higher owned mid-salary guys.  So I am assuming the chalkier options are Sale/DeGrom or Sale/Velasquez.

Ryan Braun was only $2500, won't be $2500 tomorrow.  So far my pitching is doing well, but there is a ton of hitting that I don't have much of.

Grandal and Story each homer, in 1st by 5 now just need to hang on.

ETA and Goldy homers while posting up by 20, I think I've got this.

@Raging weasel - how did you end up doing on the night?

I broke even on DK which was a surprise, but FD was junk despite having a lot of Sale and Bauer.  

Trying a few on the early slate and probably looking at a lot of Cleveland.  

If anybody is playing the FD early, I noticed that Eaton is leading off and is 2.0K.  

####in' Milwaukee.  Most of the day I was in the top  3 on FD with my SF/Wash game stack and then they went off...  Should still be a + day, but probably lose even more ground when that LAA/Min game kicks in.  

I put in for 6 25cent entries on FD tonight, but no clue how to be different on a 4 game slate or if I should even try too much to be.  In the 90s in Coors, but the only good SP is Morton...

Ugly main slate for SP especially if you want money to spend on the Coors game. I'm going to fade Morton and pray the NY/NY game is low scoring so I can load up on bats.

$1 SE gpp

Matz German Grandal Muncy Lemahieu Lamb Story Blackmon Peralta Bellanger

Up a couple bucks on FD, total dud on DK.  

I am done with Coors for a bit, so tomorrow I am just doing FD since it doesn't have that game and the hot Texas game.  

Got tired of the multiple line ups so just did the $1 GPP.   Ended up 49th for $10. 

Did the single game LA/Atl for $1 and scored 57 with 60 cash line.

$2 in and $10.  Think I am done with the multiple entries for a while. Too time consuming.

Up a couple bucks on FD, total dud on DK.  

I am done with Coors for a bit, so tomorrow I am just doing FD since it doesn't have that game and the hot Texas game.  
Missed the 3man win by a point so down $1 for Sat. I've been doing great stacking the Coors game but will probably fade today because the cheap SP options aren't there. I f I had used Goldy over Blackmon yesterday would've won $100-150 instead of $2 in the gpp.

Have to use your guy Paxton today but 2nd SP is tough, probably be Richards for me. Really like the Mil lefties today and Granderson for some savings. On FD, Rhys is only 3k.

Missed the 3man win by a point so down $1 for Sat. I've been doing great stacking the Coors game but will probably fade today because the cheap SP options aren't there. I f I had used Goldy over Blackmon yesterday would've won $100-150 instead of $2 in the gpp.

Have to use your guy Paxton today but 2nd SP is tough, probably be Richards for me. Really like the Mil lefties today and Granderson for some savings. On FD, Rhys is only 3k.
I usually do the opposite b/c of inflated prices and high ownership, but those games have been huge the last 2 nights.   I am glad I don't have to think about it on FD today.  

Yeah, SP2 would be rough today.  I had Urena and Estrada written down, but yikes.  Just going with opp K% and hope for a win.  

Today I was looking heavily at the Cubs, and then I remembered to take a peek at the weather forecast... :wall:

ETA: Looks like Milw/Philly is another with storms possible late in the game.  :wall:

I usually do the opposite b/c of inflated prices and high ownership, but those games have been huge the last 2 nights.   I am glad I don't have to think about it on FD today.  

Yeah, SP2 would be rough today.  I had Urena and Estrada written down, but yikes.  Just going with opp K% and hope for a win.  
Was 25-34% on Coors ownership yesterday but on Friday in the gpp I won Goldy, Story,Peralta and Lamb we're only 4-11% owned.

Just doing 2 .25ers on DK today and a $1 SE on FD. Going Paxton on FD with Mil stack and DK Paxton/Richards and Porcello/Hendricks.

Chicago weather issues scared me off Hendricks and some cheap bats so going with these.

DK .25

Paxton Richard Martin Goldy Fernandez Bregman Story Span Grichuk Swihart

Porcello Kuechel Pina Sano Altuve Bregman Adrianza Benitendi Rosario Grossman

FD $1 SE gpp

Paxton Pujols Villar Shaw Holt Granderson Yelich Williams Carpenter

Good luck all!!

If it's not Coors, it's the weather that will stress me out.  

I did throw a couple 25 cent ones on DK and put one in the free contest.  

Went 100% Estrada as my SP2, so we will see how that goes..  

Users who are viewing this thread