What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB 2018 (3 Viewers)

Made another $1+ last night. Just a $1 SE on DK for today with Happ/Clevinger with Cle,Tor and Cin bats. Also used Happ on FD in a $2 50/50.

Lots of good options at SP today. At the high end Degromm, Severino, Stripling and Porcello. Also have Kluber but I usually don't pay up for guys coming off an injury. Mid to low guys I like are Wheeler, Newcomb,Lauer and for the gamblers Barria and Giolito. Also have more than usual min priced SP as 4-5 teams are going bullpen style today.

It's going to be harder to pick bats today as I like a bunch of teams. Bo's,Cle and LAD all in good spots but expensive. Like the lefties from Wash,Stl and Atl. Cubs seem cheaper than normal and like some of them. Like Tor again and whatever cheap OFers play for Oak.

Lots of good options at SP today. At the high end Degromm, Severino, Stripling and Porcello. Also have Kluber but I usually don't pay up for guys coming off an injury. Mid to low guys I like are Wheeler, Newcomb,Lauer and for the gamblers Barria and Giolito. Also have more than usual min priced SP as 4-5 teams are going bullpen style today.

It's going to be harder to pick bats today as I like a bunch of teams. Bo's,Cle and LAD all in good spots but expensive. Like the lefties from Wash,Stl and Atl. Cubs seem cheaper than normal and like some of them. Like Tor again and whatever cheap OFers play for Oak.
Looks like there is a bit of weather to look at today with Mets/SD currently being the worst of them.  

After listening to the podcast, AZ is a team that I was going to dig deeper on.  The SP for the Cubs throws fastballs and sliders 90% of the time, and AZ seem to hit those pitches well, even guys like Avila.  

Looks like there is a bit of weather to look at today with Mets/SD currently being the worst of them.  

After listening to the podcast, AZ is a team that I was going to dig deeper on.  The SP for the Cubs throws fastballs and sliders 90% of the time, and AZ seem to hit those pitches well, even guys like Avila.  
Yeah, I didn't look at the weather yet so may have to rethink using Lauer who I have in at DK with Stripling.  

I have Descalso in at FD in my 50/50 cause I needed a cheap 2B.

Dug a little deeper, and of the main teams, I have Bost at the top.  Seems like Gausman leans a little more to the reverse splits side as far as wOBA and ISO, but has a high WHIP vs. LHBs.   The Angels were the other team that popped up for me.  

The Det/KC game could be interesting b/c of the SPs and the bad bullpens behind them.  Neither are a team I like to play or seem to get right the few times I do try them though.  The other game that I was staring at was the Wash/Milw game.  Chacin isn't great vs. LHBs and Gio can do Gio things sometimes.   Digging deeper into the AZ bats and the Cubs SP has the 2nd highest HR/9 on the slate, and really high WHIP vs. LHBs too at 1.88.  

Basically, there were very few spots where I couldn't make a case for trying the bats.  I think right now for full stacks I am looking more at Red Sox, Angels, Wash and AZ.   Spots I wrote down to mix in other bats were:  LaD-L, Minn-L, Carpenter, Oak-R, Milw-R, W.sox-R and digging into the Det/KC game more.  

While putting in a pickem lineup noticed the name has been changed to Tiers.

And I agree that almost every team has usable options or even stacking potential.

Man, I really don't love the SPs today.  (figured as much when I liked just about every situation for bats).  Not sure what I will do if the Mets game doesn't play.  I am guessing I will drop down to Porcello/Stripling, but those games are also look like they have a little rain to watch out for too.   I guess then it's Severino or going WTF with a cheap guy - maybe Castillo?

Man, I really don't love the SPs today.  (figured as much when I liked just about every situation for bats).  Not sure what I will do if the Mets game doesn't play.  I am guessing I will drop down to Porcello/Stripling, but those games are also look like they have a little rain to watch out for too.   I guess then it's Severino or going WTF with a cheap guy - maybe Castillo?
On FD I'm using Barria at 5.9k in my SE gpp. He could get crushed especially by A Garcia but could also get 8-10 Ks so I'm risking it. Same with Liriano who's could boom or bust but other than Merrifield and Perez KC isn't very scary.

Had to redo a lineup after Lauer scratched and also have lots of players in the rain delayed games. Not looking like a plus night at all. 

Tried the $5 SE, and just like I posted the other day about not checking my scores - Dodgers and Az scored early, so I was in the top 10 for awhile, then Atl and Oak happened and other LUs zipped right past me.  Oh well, still +$9 on the day.  

@Raging weasel - is there a rhyme or reason when your Tigers might not suck for a night? ;)   They keep popping up when I look at stuff and seem to be in the best spot on paper.  

I also had the Oak/Tex game written down, and StL as well.  StL is yet another team that always seem to be cheap, in good spots, and then suck horribly for me.  

SPs I had Paxton (of course) and Wheeler written down and on the cheap I had Borucki written down based on Minn sucking vs. LHPs on the season.  

Last edited by a moderator:
@Raging weasel - is there a rhyme or reason when your Tigers might not suck for a night? ;)   They keep popping up when I look at stuff and seem to be in the best spot on paper.  

I also had the Oak/Tex game written down, and StL as well.  StL is yet another team that always seem to be cheap, in good spots, and then suck horribly for me.  

SPs I had Paxton (of course) and Wheeler written down and on the cheap I had Borucki written down based on Minn sucking vs. LHPs on the season.  
Not that I can tell. I stacked Rsox vs them all weekend in 3mans and it cost me 3$+. I can't believe they held Sox to 1 run over 2 games. And you might want to fade as I have some of them tonight already.

Besides the SPs you mentioned I like Lauer again as well as Barrios and Montas. May also throw a dart with Pena.

Other bats I like are Stl,Yanks,TB,Oak and Cubs. Like both sides of Bos/Balt but that game sounds iffy to play, may game stack it for .25 and pray but most likely fade. At least with Cole in Cool don't feel I have to use Col bats.

Also not sure what to do with Cle, they burned me in juicy matchups with Tex all weekend and are still pricey.

Tried the $5 SE, and just like I posted the other day about not checking my scores - Dodgers and Az scored early, so I was in the top 10 for awhile, then Atl and Oak happened and other LUs zipped right past me.  Oh well, still +$9 on the day.  
I had Ponce/Degromm with Oak/LAD and finished in 6th with 162+ for .87 win. Lucroy and Semien each had an AB in the 9th with 2 men on but did nothing.And of course I used Bellinger and his goose egg over Taylor and his 21.

Tried another SE gpp and went with Det + a couple Seattle guys + Didi + K.Davis

Put in a few 25cent entries as well.   Mostly Clev/Cinc/Tex/Balt mixed in there.  

On DK I just did a 25cent entry each in the smaller slates.  1st was a Wheeler/Borucki combo, 2nd slate I took a stab at pairing the 2 Coors SPs and taking bats elsewhere.

Used my last FD $1 ($5 tied up in PGA) for a SE gpp with Pena Oak/Angels stacks + Carpenter.

Have 3 $.25ers and a $1 SE on DK. Be nice if my TB guys go off as all are under 4% owned.

Losing night all around. I got SP(Barrios) right and a couple Oak,Hou and Det bats right but was completely wrong with everything else. Best DK score was 98+ and barely over 90 on FD. Out of $$ at FD other than what's tied up in PGA so probably done there until NFL starts up.

Frustrating last night.  Had a line up of 4 OAK and 3 Tex and still did not cash.  Beiber was my place holder P and I got caught up so did not have a chance to do all my lineups so the Beebs ruined 4 of 7 lineups.  A couple of line ups were 150ish, but just below the money.

Going with OAK again as my main hitters.

Raging weasel said:
Just playing the early slate today a $1 SE and $2 3man.

Going Flaherty/Ray with Ariz/Mil bats.
Of course Lester and Roark each have 7 scoreless innings. Did win the 3man so +$2.40 for the day

Looks like I am going to continue on with OAK once again.  Khris Davis will eventually let me down, but these last three games he has (as has been OAK) awesome.   Ended up +$4.50 on $2 in.  Had one lineup loaded with BOS on the chance they'd play so that was a bummer they PPD.  Had fit in Price and Betts,Benitendi and scrubs that was looking great until the PPD. 

Right now, looking at Sonny Gray (ugh) with Betts and JD and as many A's as I can fit in.

Just did 3 50cent DK entries last night.  All 3 were Gray/B.Johnson + Hoskins.   One Philly stack, one Dodgers, one Oak.  All 3 cashed, but I was surprised the Oak one was the lowest scoring.  Best was Philly LU.  $1.50 in, $7 out.  

Today's slate looks pretty tough as SP is very top heavy and bats are expensive. CC would be good salary relief at SP but the weather there doesn't look good. Right now my $1 SE placeholder is Sale/Anderson with Pitt/Mets stacks + K Davis that I'm not really thrilled about. May have to drop down to Carrasco who usually dominates my Tigers to get more Coors bats in.

I used the cheap Pit bats a bunch so that I could get in big bats elsewhere.  Hopefully Lublow and Freese do something.   Went more with Greinke than Sale, and have some Heaney and a Stroman.  I think I ended up with 10 .25 GPP entries.   If nothing exciting happens I think I'll take a break for awhile.

Good luck all.

Added 2 $.25 entries

MadBum/CC with Wash/Phil stacks

Carrasco/Lopez Arenado Story Springer Reddick and then cheap fillers.

Good luck all!!

Uggh, gambled on the Yanks game getting on but it's been cancelled. Really need a pitchers duel between MadBum/Anderson and low scoring at Coors to make up for it.

Uggh, gambled on the Yanks game getting on but it's been cancelled. Really need a pitchers duel between MadBum/Anderson and low scoring at Coors to make up for it.
Just saw that too.  My Pivetta LU was with a Yankees stack, and he's racking up the Ks early.  

On FD I also have a Stroman + Cubs stack with Chapman/K.Davis, and a WTF Seattle stack, but that one had Nova at SP.  

Needless to say, it's not looking like a winning night early.  

On DK I just threw in 3 WTF 25cent winner take all LUs at the last second.  There I have a Pivetta/Keuchel + Seattle stack, Chase A/Sale + Cubs stack, and Carrasco/Greinke + mix and match bats.  

My $1 SE cashed for $2.50 so made a buck on the night. Carasco lineup finished 234/237 with 38+ as Cubs/Hou did nothing and CC lineup scored 109+ but 20pts from cashing.

May not play today as I'm working and then helping my Dad move.

won $4.5 on $2.00 in last night.  Today I had some time so I did 8 .25 GPPs.  I really liked Granderson/Guriel and ended up with them in 7/8 lineups.  Delmonico has been hot lately and is cheap so I ended up with him in 7/8 lineups.   I did like those 3, but also I was not able to get to fixing my lineups until just before lock and they were in my place holder line up.  Hopefully it will work out.  Have one Boston lineup because I figure they have to score big one of these days.

Good luck 

Didn't do anything yesterday, but might throw 3 in the $1 3max today.  I was mainly looking at the Phillies/Reds game, but it's the highest total so it will also be popular.  Maybe take 4-6 from that game and try to think of some lower owned one-offs or something?  

Took yesterday off too other than a free play with a .25 ticket that I used in mma that finished 13/237 for $.75.

SP is horrible today and bats are pricey so just doing 3man pickem using mostly Hou and Oak.

Took yesterday off too other than a free play with a .25 ticket that I used in mma that finished 13/237 for $.75.

SP is horrible today and bats are pricey so just doing 3man pickem using mostly Hou and Oak.
I am trying the guys on their new and better teams.  Happ and Eovaldi it is. Also threw a dart at McCullers getting his head out of his butt. On FD i did 3 slightly different Philly stacks and mixed in other stuff.  

On DK I did 2 WTF 25cent entries and did Bundy/Chirinos and loaded up on some bats.  

Haven't done anything in a few days.  Tried a SE tonight with Nats and Mariners on FD.  Then a couple 25cent ones on DK with Atl stacks. 

I like Pivetta at SP and Trey Mancini and Kendrys Morales tonight. I haven't DFS'd for a while but I'm using them in my fantasy leagues FWIW.

F that.  Cash line is currently at 225pts on FD, 1st place at 367pts?.  :lmao:

(I am sitting around 1/2 of that cash line). 

Trying a few today.  I was more on Wash, but didn't see weather of course, so I had to scramble just now.  Tried a couple variations of Milwaukee.  They have to start doing something with Moustakas and Schoop in their LU, now right? :oldunsure:

Been playing less lately as I haven't had much research or free time. Won a 3man pickem last night but gpp was a bust as I had Oak bats. 

Doing another $2 3man pickem today and a $1 gpp with Gray/Duffy and Stl/Phil stacks.

Cashed for $2.50 with 131. Also played a late only 25 man winner take all for $1 and finished 2nd with 140+, 12pts from the leader.

Have quite a few options at SP today. Scherzer at the top is too expensive for me and also facing Atl.

Next tier has Carrasco, Greinke,Hill and Mikolas. I'd pass on Mikolas in gpps due to lack of Ks.

I want some expensive bats tonight so will use mostly these guys at SP-Heaney,Anderson and Pivetta. Then mix in a high risk guy like Taillon,Romano,Lopez or Glasnow.

For bats I love both sides of Tex/Seat,Bos,Cin,and Pitt. Also like Yank lefties,cheap Cle guys(Guyer,Davis) and Angels vs my Tigers probably isn't a bad play. Like the Milw bats too but they are just as much as Coors guys,Bos or Cle and like those spots better . Milw in gpp might get you some low ownership if others think like I do.

Everyone must be loading up on Pitt/Col as none of my Seat,Tex,Yank,Bos or Cin guys are over 5%- now just need them to do something.

Played 4 $.25ers and a $1 gpp last night taking 2nd and 8th of 237 for $6.99. The 2nd place lineup was Glasnow/Taillon +Seat/Bos and scored 168.95 less than .50 from winning it all. That same lineup in the $1 SE would've finished 4/2378 and cashed $75.

Looks like a rough day at SP at least on DK where you need 2- very top heavy with some SPs I've never seen before littering the mid and low tiers.

Going Severino/Chacin and 2 bats from Bos (JD Moreland) only leaves me with enough for TB and Balt players. Hopefully some value shows up with lineups.

Users who are viewing this thread