What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bozo The Clown - Dead at 89 (1 Viewer)

LoadLetterPaper

Footballguy
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2018/03/tv_personality_who_played_bozo_the_clown_dies_at_89?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

BOSTON — A longtime television personality who played a beloved clown had died, according to family.

WCVB-TV says 89-year-old Frank Avruch, who played Bozo the Clown from 1959 to 1970, has died.

Avruch was a contributor to the station for over 40 years as a host of "Man About Town," and "The Great Entertainment."

He died Tuesday at his Boston home from heart disease, and is survived by his wife Betty, two sons Matthew and Steven and several grandchildren.

Avruch graduated from Boston University in 1949 with a bachelor's degree in Communication.

He was an active philanthropist, and was a board member of UNICEF'S New England Chapter.

"We will miss him greatly," the family said in a statement to WCVB-TV. "Our dad loved the children of all ages who remembered being on his show, and was always grateful for their kind words."
This one really hits home. Spent many a morning watching Bozo. He really made my day better.

awwww, #### - we went to that Bozo as a class several times in the 60s. goofy redhaired kid in my class once raised his hand during joke time, asked "How do you catch a squirrel, Bozo?" "I dunno, li'l boy, how DO you catch a squirrel?" "Drop your pants & show him your nuts" Mr Avruck never broke, said "I see" and moved on quickly. we couldnt go back no more tho. RIP -

Last edited by a moderator:
Bozo was a franchise character. He was licensed to many TV stations throughout the country.

List of local Bozos
this is true. my older brother appeared on the show as part of a Big Wheel race segment. as a little kid, i could never reconcile how my brother got to travel to Chicago for the race and return home in Nashville for lunch the very same day.

Users who are viewing this thread