Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Dan

Indefinite Green Bay Packers Thread

Recommended Posts

I'm skeptical due to the Titan's offense this year, but more so optimistic because he's not a retread and the last time the Packers brought in a relative unknown who had OC'd a struggling offense the year prior, it worked out fairly well :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting a feel for the Titans offense is impossible when Mariota can't stay in for a full game and then they have to go with Gabbert.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m certainly not mad about the pick. I hope that he’s got some fresh ideas and will use Rodgers in a way to extend his career. I would love to see the uptempo offense where we are snapping the ball with 10 seconds on the play clock. I just feel like it gives the offense an edge, they know what they are doing the defense is trying to figure it out. The Rams run their offense in that manner and I really like it. 

I will not be surprised if some big named players are gone this offseason and maybe we dabble in free agency a little more this year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 8:02 PM, Pipes said:

Matt Ryan had his best season statistically with LaFleur.  Goff made a gigantic leap with LaFleur.  Obviously hard to say if LaFleur deserves credit for that but I’ll take it as positive marks for him.

 It "ended" RGB, Manziel, and Mariota didn't look so good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The history of teams firing a HC who won a Super bowl with them is very ugly. The next coach is always worse, regardless of how far the SB winning coach had fallen. LaFleur having next to no track record makes me pretty nervous. The Titans offense was pretty bad last year, and LaFleur never called plays anywhere else. He wasn't really on the radar as a coaching candidate going into the season, why did his stock go up?  

I hope I'm wrong, because the NFL is more fun when the Packers are good, but in a year of almost universally bad moves by the Packers, this feels like another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Also listening to some Nashville radio and looking back to the start of the season...Henry wasn’t exactly ignored earlier in the year...he was being outplayed by Lewis.   18 carries each in week 1 and 2 and around 3 yards a carry.  I think many things happened to gets henry to those end of the year breakouts.  He ran differently, the Titans used him better, and the Oline performed better than earlier.  So just trying to question the OC on his use may be a bit short sighted.

LaFleur introduced Zone Blocking rather than the hybrid scheme that the TEN OL had used in 2017. When they brought in Mularkey for a couple of weeks mid season and went back to the hybrid blocking scheme was when Henry took off. @Bri can no doubt explain it better.

We wish you luck with your new hire and hope our new OC will tailor his scheme to the team's strenghts rather than to his own beliefs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, travdogg said:

The history of teams firing a HC who won a Super bowl with them is very ugly. The next coach is always worse, regardless of how far the SB winning coach had fallen. LaFleur having next to no track record makes me pretty nervous. The Titans offense was pretty bad last year, and LaFleur never called plays anywhere else. He wasn't really on the radar as a coaching candidate going into the season, why did his stock go up?  

I hope I'm wrong, because the NFL is more fun when the Packers are good, but in a year of almost universally bad moves by the Packers, this feels like another.

I don't know what he hangs his hat on right now.

We shall find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 5:07 PM, voiceofunreason said:

Clearly must have blown them away in the interviews but smells a bit like desperation, hiring a guy and hoping he caught the Shanahan/McVay magic. I’m hoping for the best but seems like at least they should have hired a proven oc as head coach, not a one year disappointment from the titans.

Cautionary story lines abound here and I agree.

Working for a large company we have a revolving door of execs/managers that interview incredibly well and then sit like a deer caught in headlights once the work needs to be done. Difficult to know how they will actually handle things when taking over at this level. Simply a wait 'n' see situation.

It does feel a bit like the flavor of the month... go out and find me the next young, offensive genius that nobody knows about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interested in Packer fans thoughts on Rodgers and the new head coach. Lafluer is only four years older than Rodgers, who has been the man in Green Bay for what seems like forever. Will Rodgers be coachable? with a new head coach that has only called plays for one season (and not in a very efficient offense)? Will LaFluer defer play calling to his offensive coordinator?

I'll hang up and listen................ Thanks for the line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading LaFleur hasn't decided on everything because he wants to be involved in everything and yet trust his staff. 

On the radio, some Packer brass (sorry idk) was saying he blew them away with his defensive thoughts, special teams, personnel and..the whole thing. Not just offense.

Vrabel didn't want him on the sideline (for good reasons not bad) and this gave LaFleur pause as to what he'd do as a coach and...sounded again like he wants to be involved yet trust.

I bet he hasn't decided and still could change his mind a few times too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One common sentiment is as ling as year one isn't disastrous, he was hired to be there a long time. This is not a get us to the next step hire but lets build a program type

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re; will Rodgers be coachable?

I don't think you have to coach Rodgers. He is an all time great and knows what he is doing. I'm assuming you mean will he let the coaches run the game plan and he go out and execute? It's anybody's guess and the answer is probably yes as long as things are going well. I'll also assume that Rodgers at least was asked what he thought of the new coach before the hiring.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Chicago Hooligan said:

Rest in diarrhea Ron Zook

I mean this year was lost anyway...but how much has poor special teams cost the Packers over the years?

Seattle obviously being the big one.

But there have been some major special teams gaffes...all while we actually have had good to great kicking out of Crosby and pretty adequate punting save for a couple years trying to replace Jon Ryan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that was mentioned that makes a lot of sense is that LaFleur should have not been considered for the job because of Mularkey. When the offense was struggling, the Titans went at their old coach (still being paid) for offensive tips and he became a silent advisor for the rest of the year.  If he needed help to get things rolling, why would GB offer him a job rather than wait til he gets things rolling on his own? I think this is an excellent point BUT that could bring just enough humility where he hires the right guys to help him and is the rare open-minded coach because of what happened.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bri said:

One thing that was mentioned that makes a lot of sense is that LaFleur should have not been considered for the job because of Mularkey. When the offense was struggling, the Titans went at their old coach (still being paid) for offensive tips and he became a silent advisor for the rest of the year.  If he needed help to get things rolling, why would GB offer him a job rather than wait til he gets things rolling on his own? I think this is an excellent point BUT that could bring just enough humility where he hires the right guys to help him and is the rare open-minded coach because of what happened.  

Proof is in the pudding.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

terrible hire, Nat Hackett..just terrible..you have one of the greatest QB's ever and you want to give him a run-first OC? so, the Packers are a RB-challeged team, with a porous defense and lacking WR's not named Adams, an aging line, and you want to give Rodgers Mr Hackett..uggh...now you need to commit to the run which you're not capable of doing with the players currently on the roster. 

way to turn Rodgers in to a 17-24-224-1 QB..LOL

I'm sorry but hiring these script kiddies like Hackett and LeFleur is a recipe for disaster.  two nobodies who've done nothing on other teams won't suddenly flip the switch and become Bill Bellichick. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tanner9919 said:

terrible hire, Nat Hackett..just terrible..you have one of the greatest QB's ever and you want to give him a run-first OC? so, the Packers are a RB-challeged team, with a porous defense and lacking WR's not named Adams, an aging line, and you want to give Rodgers Mr Hackett..uggh...now you need to commit to the run which you're not capable of doing with the players currently on the roster. 

way to turn Rodgers in to a 17-24-224-1 QB..LOL

I'm sorry but hiring these script kiddies like Hackett and LeFleur is a recipe for disaster.  two nobodies who've done nothing on other teams won't suddenly flip the switch and become Bill Bellichick. 

 

I hate when people do this. Nobody is going to become the next Bill Bellichick. Not sure you can label Hackett as a run first OC given he has had to work with Blake Bortles or EJ Manuel as his QBs. If he were to run a pass first offense with Bortles or Manuel at QB, then I'd be worried. Besides, the Packers have been pass happy the last couple of years. How's that work out? They need to get back to a more balanced offense. And I don't think they are a RB challenged team. Jones and Williams will do very well in a balanced offense. I look forward to the pre-season games when we can see what sort of offense they actually roll out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingPrawn said:

I hate when people do this. Nobody is going to become the next Bill Bellichick. Not sure you can label Hackett as a run first OC given he has had to work with Blake Bortles or EJ Manuel as his QBs. If he were to run a pass first offense with Bortles or Manuel at QB, then I'd be worried. Besides, the Packers have been pass happy the last couple of years. How's that work out? They need to get back to a more balanced offense. And I don't think they are a RB challenged team. Jones and Williams will do very well in a balanced offense. I look forward to the pre-season games when we can see what sort of offense they actually roll out.

In addition...LaFleur is going to be the one calling things.  A guy who has learned from offenses in Atlanta and St. Louis (who passed the ball a decent amount while he was there I believe).

Its a wait and see hire...anyone proclaiming it great or terrible is trying to get reactions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sho nuff said:

In addition...LaFleur is going to be the one calling things.  A guy who has learned from offenses in Atlanta and St. Louis (who passed the ball a decent amount while he was there I believe).

Its a wait and see hire...anyone proclaiming it great or terrible is trying to get reactions.

Agreed Hackett is going to be calling plays about as much as Clements and Philbin did under McCarthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Headaches aside...what do you give up to put Antonio Brown opposite Davante Adams in this offense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 1:53 PM, sho nuff said:

Headaches aside...what do you give up to put Antonio Brown opposite Davante Adams in this offense?

Nothing, if it were my decision.  I dont think the Packers should give up what Brown is going to cost.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 7:53 AM, sho nuff said:

In addition...LaFleur is going to be the one calling things.  A guy who has learned from offenses in Atlanta and St. Louis (who passed the ball a decent amount while he was there I believe).

Its a wait and see hire...anyone proclaiming it great or terrible is trying to get reactions.

Redskins too. Everyone always writes Rams but most of these coaches discuss their time with the Redskins as formative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bri said:

Redskins too. Everyone always writes Rams but most of these coaches discuss their time with the Redskins as formative

Never underestimate the value of proximity to the perfect example of what not to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 10:21 PM, Tanner9919 said:

terrible hire, Nat Hackett..just terrible..you have one of the greatest QB's ever and you want to give him a run-first OC? so, the Packers are a RB-challeged team, with a porous defense and lacking WR's not named Adams, an aging line, and you want to give Rodgers Mr Hackett..uggh...now you need to commit to the run which you're not capable of doing with the players currently on the roster. 

way to turn Rodgers in to a 17-24-224-1 QB..LOL

I'm sorry but hiring these script kiddies like Hackett and LeFleur is a recipe for disaster.  two nobodies who've done nothing on other teams won't suddenly flip the switch and become Bill Bellichick. 

 

I think the connection is interesting. LaFleur got advised by Mularkey at times this year and Hackett is a Marrone guy who is Mularkey's buddy. If I'm not mistaken, Marrone lives in TN too.

Packers DC Pettine was a coordinator under Marrone too IIRC.

I think the similarity lies in the KISS (Keep it simple st...) offense. Ignore the intracies and the Jags, Bills, and Rams (when LaFleur was there) had motion presnap to make these simple reads and then throw snap N throw passes. Goff stunk (at the time), Bortles had to be "rebuilt" and keeping it simple did a lot of good. Every team is a run first offense so...I don't get that comment, maybe run too often? Play action is so common now and it helps keep the QB upright too. But back to the simple offense. As you saw with the Jags two years ago and the Rams this year, once they nail a bunch of those quick short throws, suddenly the WRs can burn a D deep because the corners are creeping up too much. Bortles didn't have it in him and maybe it's also because the only burner he has is the one trick pony Moncrief. Goff looks sharp this year and the O is so much better. Burn em deep and then look at all the room the RB has on a simple screen the very next play. LaFleur and Hackett never really got either team to the proficiency or depth that the Rams did, but I'm sure they kept thinking how once the QB gets the hang of the short game, they can't wait to open it up. The Titans maybe did late. Henry was pounding the rock well and they got open deep several times. Maybe it's not so "they never got to that point" but almost didn't....either way, I like it and find it interesting.

If Adams runs a route with two cuts and catches a 14- yard pass, is that better than two snap N throws for 7? He's got some strength and breakaway to his game, maybe that 7 becomes more. And I like the Packers young WRs. They need time and are clearly up N down each week, but they flashed and that's usually a good sign.

I don't know their contract situations but they have a few TEs too. The Pack used to always have an excellent TE for FF. LaFleur had all these plans for Delanie dashed because he got injured, but he got a taste of what a special TE can bring. I would rather he didn't use the Titans scrub TEs so much but...maybe he's got all these ideas for Graham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arodin said:

Never underestimate the value of proximity to the perfect example of what not to do.

I feel like that's a breaking bad quote but...not sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday amplified my frustration with this years Packers.

Watching NE the last couple of weeks you see how they play.  Run the ball, short quick passes and Brady doesn’t get touched.  It’s what the Packers have done in the past...it’s what they did in the second half of the Bears game when Rodgers was hurt.  And for some of the Vikings game after that.  And then poof, that was gone.

Also watch those drives...3rd down and it’s still a quick pass on a slant to a WR who isn’t necessarily wide open.  Reminded me of the throw to Jennings late in the Super Bowl.  When was the last time Rodgers threw a ball like that? 

My other frustration...is damn thebOats and BB are just so damn good at getting everything out of guys.  They don’t have stars and studs on defense...but at the end of the year they always have guys making plays and making it hard on an offense.  Same on the O line...they dominated much of that game on both lines. 

Hipefully this change in coaching sparks some things.  I’m hopeful based on things I’ve read about Lafleur as far as being very smart. I’m hopeful he and Rodgers use that football IQ I think they both have...

But it’s definitely cautious optimism at this point.

Oline needs work...IMO that and pass rush are top top priority.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Yesterday amplified my frustration with this years Packers.

Watching NE the last couple of weeks you see how they play.  Run the ball, short quick passes and Brady doesn’t get touched.  It’s what the Packers have done in the past...it’s what they did in the second half of the Bears game when Rodgers was hurt.  And for some of the Vikings game after that.  And then poof, that was gone.

Also watch those drives...3rd down and it’s still a quick pass on a slant to a WR who isn’t necessarily wide open.  Reminded me of the throw to Jennings late in the Super Bowl.  When was the last time Rodgers threw a ball like that? 

My other frustration...is damn thebOats and BB are just so damn good at getting everything out of guys.  They don’t have stars and studs on defense...but at the end of the year they always have guys making plays and making it hard on an offense.  Same on the O line...they dominated much of that game on both lines. 

Hipefully this change in coaching sparks some things.  I’m hopeful based on things I’ve read about Lafleur as far as being very smart. I’m hopeful he and Rodgers use that football IQ I think they both have...

But it’s definitely cautious optimism at this point.

Oline needs work...IMO that and pass rush are top top priority.

Great post.

I was actually coming here to write something similar from a different perspective - that of KC.  Watching the Chiefs lose that game reminded me of days gone by when the Packers could score and score.....and not stop anyone else from scoring.....ever.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During the most brief announcement of Arthur Smith become the Titans new OC, it was brought to light that he was in charge of red zone offense and defense and called most of the plays for both units. That would bug me if I was a Packers fan because that means LaFleur didn't even do that

Edited by Bri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bri said:

During the most brief announcement of Arthur Smith become the Titans new OC, it was brought to light that he was in charge of red zone offense and defense and called most of the plays for both units. That would bug me if I was a Packers fan because that means LaFleur didn't even do that

It was brought to light by who?  Someone selling the Art Smith hire?

I don't know if either are great choices or neither...time will tell.  But I take most things like that with a grain of salt as to what each did or didn't do.

The Packers will have LaFleur, with input from Rodgers and the OC...what he did in TN isn't really concerning me right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quiet lately...so now post combine...some thoughts.

Barring a crazy move (A. Brown :lmao:), I think the following is the most likely/most needed.

Draft:

@12...Id say BPA, but really think best pass rush available.  Sweat seems to be getting the post combine hype, but every bit I watch on Brian Burns has me liking that guy...Sweat is a freak of nature though.

After that, this goes along with seeing a lot of these pass rush guys...I think OLINE is hugely needed.  Bulaga cannot be trusted if they don't release him outright.  This line needs serious depth and Dlines seem to just keep getting better.  Need to keep 12 upright.  Build build build that OL now.

I think this should be a draft heavily along the front 7 on D and OL...possibly safety

Free Agency:

This is where they can fill things like depth at RB...even grab a WR to go with the young guys and Adams.  There are a few out there I see as available that won't seem to cost us a ton.  Let MVS and Geronimo keep growing in their roles...along with Kumerow and hoping the others pan out...but a proven guy to put with them and Adams seems needed.   A John Brown or Tyrell Williams to sretch the field?  Humphries in the slot doing what Cobb used to do?

OLB...this will cost, but a few more seem to be coming available or available even by trade.  I think this is a huge need too.

ILB...CJ Mosley?  I like Oren Burks and all, nice kid...but while it costs and we can all dream, Mosley next to Martinez?

Safety..are they going to convert someone?  Sign someone?  Draft someone?  Honey Badger?  But this is a need.  CB I think we are decently set without a ton of attention paid there.  Yes, that relies on Jackson improving, Jaire taking the next step and King staying healthy and taking his next step.  Resign Breeland for the veteran in the room and roll with it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FA Priority #1: trade for/sign a pass rusher

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...

#2 Everything else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please please please put a heavy emphasis on the D side of the football.  Rodgers can win plenty of games if we can find a way to control the other team.  Get a stud at MLB and on the edge, a ball hawk in the middle of the secondary (would love to see Honey Badger there), some better depth to keep guys fresher.  It’s so frustrating to watch a D that keeps playing bend but don’t break D and then manages to break on a regular basis.  We need some meat eaters on D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

  Honey Badger?  

 

5 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

would love to see Honey Badger there

Honey Badger may not give a ####, but he ain't playing anywhere 'cold'.  Mathieu has stated that numerous times over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, trader jake said:

 

Honey Badger may not give a ####, but he ain't playing anywhere 'cold'.  Mathieu has stated that numerous times over the years.

 

Hey!  It’s my Christmas list.  I can put anything I want on it.

 

Hater. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

 

Hey!  It’s my Christmas list.  I can put anything I want on it.

 

Hater. 

As long as its Christmas...can we ask for AB...with Jordy's attitude?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wish list is they somehow can draft Hockenson from Iowa.  

He is the best blocking TE coming out of college I've seen in a long time, maybe ever.  Bonus is he can run routes and has good hands.  

He's a devastating blocker though.  He will be gone if they dont take him at #12.  He may be taken before that.  I doubt the Pack gets him but I would be overjoyed if they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The window is still there but it is closing fast. 

I get on the phone with KC right now and see if a second will secure Dee Ford. Then cut Clay Matthews.

Offer a blank check to CJ Moseley to pair inside with Blake Martinez.

Aaron needs more playmakers on offense. A middle of the field sure handed receiver is needed. Cole Beasley would be great. 

Cut Jimmy Graham and find a tight end who can move and catch. 

The defense suffered a ton of injuries last year but there is talent. They desperately need speed in the front seven, as always. Ford would be a great first step.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Balco said:

And I’d love to see a reunion with TJ Lang.

Lang has concussion and other injury issues.  Not sure he’s even going to play anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Balco said:

The window is still there but it is closing fast. 

I get on the phone with KC right now and see if a second will secure Dee Ford. Then cut Clay Matthews.

Offer a blank check to CJ Moseley to pair inside with Blake Martinez.

Aaron needs more playmakers on offense. A middle of the field sure handed receiver is needed. Cole Beasley would be great. 

Cut Jimmy Graham and find a tight end who can move and catch. 

The defense suffered a ton of injuries last year but there is talent. They desperately need speed in the front seven, as always. Ford would be a great first step.

I like the idea of going after Ford.  I had not thought about making a run at Moseley but I like that idea too.

That would make it easier to nab Hockenson in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Balco said:

The window is still there but it is closing fast. 

I get on the phone with KC right now and see if a second will secure Dee Ford. Then cut Clay Matthews.

Offer a blank check to CJ Moseley to pair inside with Blake Martinez.

Aaron needs more playmakers on offense. A middle of the field sure handed receiver is needed. Cole Beasley would be great. 

Cut Jimmy Graham and find a tight end who can move and catch. 

The defense suffered a ton of injuries last year but there is talent. They desperately need speed in the front seven, as always. Ford would be a great first step.

I'd agree they still have a window, but I'd be very wary of Ford. He was a 1st round bust until having a monster contract season. He could just be another Nick Perry. I'd greatly prefer to keep the 2nd, and not shell out a huge deal.

I'm a Bears fan, so I tend to sometimes look at the Packers weaknesses more than their strengths if that makes sense. With that said, if i were them, I'd hope to do the following:

Sign a Safety. I thought that was the biggest issue with the team(and only got bigger when Haha was traded) there were constant breakdowns in the back end. Earl Thomas would be a great target, both as arguably still the best Safety in the NFL, and a guy to fill the leadership void Matthews leaves behind, but Adrian Amos would be a nice fallback option. I am very disappointed the Bears are letting him walk, as he was the 2nd best player on the team in my opinion. 

Draft Greedy Williams at #12, a Williams/Alexander/Jackson trio could be very dangerous for opposing offenses going forward.

Draft Hollywood Brown at #30. The Packers have been a lot more dink and dunk then having Rodgers suggests they should be. Brown is a DeSean Jackson clone, and not only would make big plays, but allow more space for others underneath.

Draft Blake Cashman(or Ben Burr-Kirven) in round 2.  I agree LB is a big need, but Mosley isn't a blank check level guy. Frankly, I don't even think he's the best FA LB, that would be Jordan Hicks in my opinion, but my point is this is a very deep LB draft.

I'm on board with bringing back Lang too, assuming he is willing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, travdogg said:

I'd agree they still have a window, but I'd be very wary of Ford. He was a 1st round bust until having a monster contract season. He could just be another Nick Perry. I'd greatly prefer to keep the 2nd, and not shell out a huge deal.

I'm a Bears fan, so I tend to sometimes look at the Packers weaknesses more than their strengths if that makes sense. With that said, if i were them, I'd hope to do the following:

Sign a Safety. I thought that was the biggest issue with the team(and only got bigger when Haha was traded) there were constant breakdowns in the back end. Earl Thomas would be a great target, both as arguably still the best Safety in the NFL, and a guy to fill the leadership void Matthews leaves behind, but Adrian Amos would be a nice fallback option. I am very disappointed the Bears are letting him walk, as he was the 2nd best player on the team in my opinion. 

Draft Greedy Williams at #12, a Williams/Alexander/Jackson trio could be very dangerous for opposing offenses going forward.

Draft Hollywood Brown at #30. The Packers have been a lot more dink and dunk then having Rodgers suggests they should be. Brown is a DeSean Jackson clone, and not only would make big plays, but allow more space for others underneath.

Draft Blake Cashman(or Ben Burr-Kirven) in round 2.  I agree LB is a big need, but Mosley isn't a blank check level guy. Frankly, I don't even think he's the best FA LB, that would be Jordan Hicks in my opinion, but my point is this is a very deep LB draft.

I'm on board with bringing back Lang too, assuming he is willing.

Great post. As a packer fan, I agree with most all of this.  One part I think I might change is drafting Greedy at 12. I think if King can stay healthy, he can fill that role. But that's a big if.

Regardless, getting a good pass rusher would be crucial there, IMO.  If they let Matthews walk (I hope they do) and don't sign one in FA, they will have a hard time getting to the QB. If that happens, the secondary can only hold up for so long. That's why I think they should go pass rusher at 12 instead of DB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Signed Za’Darius Smith from BAL.  Interesting signing - he’s young, has shown some spark, and is prototypical size for a 3-4 OLB.  I guess the question is how much it cost and can he carry that play over to being a full time impact guy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Signed Za’Darius Smith from BAL.  Interesting signing - he’s young, has shown some spark, and is prototypical size for a 3-4 OLB.  I guess the question is how much it cost and can he carry that play over to being a full time impact guy.

And maybe Amos from the Bears at safety.

I like the Smith signing obviously depending on the money.  But a productive player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.