Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epic Problem

2018 Bold Predictions. In Loving Memory Of Limp Ditka

45 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2018 at 10:03 AM, Epic Problem said:

TB breaks modern day record for number of starters used in a season (currently 20: 1967 Mets)

Sergio Romo starting for our Rays tomorrow, making it 9 for the year 

Looks like Limpy was a year early on the panda

On 3/26/2017 at 11:22 AM, Limp Ditka said:

Players:

Panda Reloaded: Pablo's OPS north of .800

On 3/29/2018 at 10:03 AM, Epic Problem said:

TB breaks modern day record for number of starters used in a season (currently 20: 1967 Mets)

Hunter Wood toes the rubber today and becomes starter number 14

On 6/19/2018 at 10:16 AM, Epic Problem said:

Looks like Limpy was a year early on the panda

On 3/26/2017 at 9:22 AM, Limp Ditka said:

Players:

Panda Reloaded: Pablo's OPS north of .800

Blind squirrel meets fat panda

I don't understand the love for the Mets.  Yeah, their rotation can be lethal, but it can also be derailed by injury.  About that line-up, though...what was their team OBP last year?  Is it magically going to get better?  I don't see how with the corpse of Adrian Gonzalez and Todd Frazier.  I don't think the Mets win over 80.5 games and made a pretty good sized wager on that under.

:thumbup:

Padres will be better than anybody expects, KC will be way worse and the Rangers will get off to a hideously bad start.  

KC and Texas are utter garbage, but that wasn't too hard to predict.  The Padres were not any better, though.

Braves will be very much improved and a threat in 2019.  Acuna is ROY and by 2019 a candidate for MVP.  

:thumbup:

Braves are going to make the playoffs; will probably win that division. Wish I had taken them to win the East back in March.  Acuna is a force.  So much fun to watch.

State of Florida will combine for 200 losses.  

Man, I did NOT see Tampa with a winning record, so was way off here.  Miami sucks, but everybody knew they would.

Giants pose a threat to win the NL West when Bumgarner returns.  Longoria will lead the way on offense.  Tampa fans will wonder why they even bother...again.  

:bag:  Longoria has sucked this year and the Giants are pretty awful.

Carlos Gonzalez will make it about a month before injury sidelines him, opening the door for David Dahl to re-enter relevance and remind us how great he was/is.  

Cargo has been alright, but he's hit the DL a time or two.  Dahl also saw DL stints and he's just been ok. 

Brandon Drury will love batting in New York.  He will no longer be an afterthought.

:bag:  Embarrassing claim here.

The Mariners will be in the hunt for the Wild Card until late August when the wheels just fall off.  Dan Vogelbach will be the best fat guy in baseball this summer.

Half right and half wrong.  Had the Mariners pegged perfectly.  Vogelbach just excels at eating.