What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Bolton, our old NSC- says he resigned, Trump says he’s fired. (1 Viewer)

If I were doing the Security Council today, I'd have one permanent member, the United States, because that's the real reflection of the distribution of power in the world. All international laws are invalid, meaningless attempts to constrict American power.

On the UN: “If the UN secretary building in New York lost 10 storeys, it wouldn’t make a bit of difference.”

On UN reform: “If I were redoing the Security Council, I’d have one permanent member: The United States.”

On offering incentives to rogue states: “I don’t do carrots.”

Updated at 6:50 p.m. ET

Incoming White House national security adviser John Bolton recorded a video used by the Russian gun rights group The Right to Bear Arms in 2013 to encourage the Russian government to loosen gun laws.

The episode, which has not been previously reported, illustrates the common cause that Russian and American gun rights groups were forming in the years leading up to the 2016 election through former National Rifle Association president David Keene. Keene appointed Bolton to the NRA's international affairs subcommittee in 2011.

Russian politician Alexander Torshin helped establish The Right to Bear Arms and cultivate ties with American gun rights groups including the NRA. As a Putin ally, Torshin served as the deputy speaker of Russia's parliament for more than a decade, and also spent time on Russia's National Anti-Terrorism Committee, a state body that includes the director of Russia's internal security service.

The Bolton video appears to be another plank in a bridge built by Russia to conservative political organizations inside the United States. It's unclear why Russian leaders wanted to curry favor with the NRA, but Torshin and Keene appeared to have developed close ties over in the years prior to the 2016 election.

It's a relationship that has outsized importance now that the FBI is reportedly investigating whether Torshin illegally funneled money to the NRA to assist the Trump campaign in 2016, as McClatchy reported in January. The NRA has denied wrongdoing.

https://www.npr.org/2018/03/22/595897412/john-boltons-curious-appearance-in-a-russian-gun-rights-video

I rarely come into this forum but I can't stress enough how much this will be a detriment to world peace. Simply look at Bolton's positions on NK (at this time!!!!) and Iran (when every relevant entity says they're complying) -vis-a-vis- SA with the new kid on the block.....

DISASTER.

If any econ-gurus wish to point to a safe haven for my 401k (least of my worries) please PM me.

I rarely come into this forum but I can't stress enough how much this will be a detriment to world peace. Simply look at Bolton's positions on NK (at this time!!!!) and Iran (when every relevant entity says they're complying) -vis-a-vis- SA with the new kid on the block.....

DISASTER.

If any econ-gurus wish to point to a safe haven for my 401k (least of my worries) please PM me.
Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Halliburton, etc.

Yeah we can kiss the Iran deal goodbye. McMaster was the last guy standing that urged Trump not to renege. Bolton (on Fox) has screamed to tear it up. 

Bad news then, word is Trump doesn't like the 'stache and Bolton may need to shave.  And yes, I really did read that in a piece about the new national security adviser,
So RHE does not get to enjoy the mustache look, and he still dies in a fiery holocaust.  Dumb luck that one.

Right wingers stack ...
conspiracy theory on top of
conspiracy theory
conspiracy theory
conspiracy theory
conspiracy theory
conspiracy theory
conspiracy theory
I think the kids today are calling this "The Storm" or "QAnon" .

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if the time comes for us to forge a coalition of the willing I hope other Nations forgive our current transgressions and focus instead on (most of) our prior record.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: Ned
If John Bolton is not the offspring of Lucifer, I’ll eat my hat. 

I guess that makes him auto orange, so this makes sense. 

I have a friend who doesn't know John Bolton from Michael Bolton.  I need to know how to explain to him how Bolton totally sucks.  I mean, I totally know, I just want to know how you guys would explain it.

Users who are viewing this thread