What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Bolton, our old NSC- says he resigned, Trump says he’s fired. (1 Viewer)

I have a friend who doesn't know John Bolton from Michael Bolton.  I need to know how to explain to him how Bolton totally sucks.  I mean, I totally know, I just want to know how you guys would explain it.
Snidley whiplash+**** cheney+maga=bolton

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
All former Bush administration officials should have zero standing on Syria. Iraq was a waste of blood & treasure.
I'll take Low Energy Russian Political Commentary for $200, Alex.

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
All former Bush administration officials should have zero standing on Syria. Iraq was a waste of blood & treasure.
For those of you who didn't notice... it was from 2013 and that includes John Bolton.

I doubt Bolton has any more influence on Trump as NSA than he did as a Fox News talking head.  We could put George Marshall in the position and Trump would can him as soon as Steve Doocy disagreed with him. 

I have a friend who doesn't know John Bolton from Michael Bolton.  I need to know how to explain to him how Bolton totally sucks.  I mean, I totally know, I just want to know how you guys would explain it.
"You know that character in Return of the Jedi, that Emperor guy? Now imagine those evil sith lord tendencies in Hannibal Lecter -- that's who will be sitting next to our orange moron all day, advising him on all the things to do out in the world."

I doubt Bolton has any more influence on Trump as NSA than he did as a Fox News talking head.  We could put George Marshall in the position and Trump would can him as soon as Steve Doocy disagreed with him. 
As you note, its probably not more influence....it's just that any rationale influence has been eliminated.  

The administration is now littered with a non-economist talking head at NEC, a war-monger as NSA, and a bunk of non-economists feuling a trade war.  We've gotten to the point where the second best Cabinet person after Mattis is Mnuchin  Wonderful.  

Bolton doesn't take office until April 9, 2018. With the Trump Administration, the chances this appointment goes off as planned are slim.

:(

Jonathan Swan‏ @jonathanvswan 2h2 hours ago

A source close to John Bolton tells me he made no promise to Trump that he "wouldn't start any wars," contrary to reports. "Not true, wasn't discussed," the source says.

:(

Jonathan Swan‏ @jonathanvswan 2h2 hours ago

A source close to John Bolton tells me he made no promise to Trump that he "wouldn't start any wars," contrary to reports. "Not true, wasn't discussed," the source says.
To be fair, Bolton can't start wars.  Trump can.  Congress can.  Bolton cannot.  So, he was not lying.

pretty disgusting to me that both trump and bolton are draft dodgers it makes no sense youd have two guys like that deciding if other kids should go and die talk about two broholes who are all hat no cattle take that to the bank brohans 

Last edited by a moderator:
ShaqAttaq said:
Kids? A 48 yo dude from my HS class carpet bombs Facebook with this crap. Encouraging everyone to do their research and they’ll see the truth 
Kind of ironic a guy with your avatar commenting on this.

ShaqAttaq said:
Kids? A 48 yo dude from my HS class carpet bombs Facebook with this crap. Encouraging everyone to do their research and they’ll see the truth 
Kind of ironic a guy with your avatar commenting on this.
yeah i agree a guy with the infowards symbol is supposed to be supporting this story not refuting it take that to the bank sandhan

Now would be a good time for @NCCommish to remind us that Hillary would have probably appointed Bolton to NSA as well. 
You mean the same Hillary who said Obama's foreign policy wasn't muscular enough? Which is code for I want to bomb even more countries? Would she appoint Bolton? Probably not. But she would appoint fellow hawks so she could get her "muscular" bombing on. And most democrats wouldnt say ####. Just like they didn't say #### about Obama's exponential expansion of the flying war crime program or drone program. Sure was terrible when W did it though wasn't it? 

Give it a rest already. Stop playing teams. The one you've chosen is kind of terrible mostly.

4th NSA coming up.

I think the problem with Bolton wasn't his policies it was his insistence on running the NSC in a traditional manner, which basically means informing the president on a host of matters and staying informed about everything happening in national security. I say that absolutely knowing what a horrible person and ideologue Bolton is.

Sean Hannity has beenJohn Bolton’s #1 cheerleader over the years. I expect Hannity to trash him tonight. 
He might be Bolton's #1 cheerleader but he is also Trump #1 cheerleader.  He sees how Fox News is being looked at and he isn't losing that spot

4th NSA coming up.

I think the problem with Bolton wasn't his policies it was his insistence on running the NSC in a traditional manner, which basically means informing the president on a host of matters and staying informed about everything happening in national security. I say that absolutely knowing what a horrible person and ideologue Bolton is.
Whatever happened it is good he is gone.  I bet he has watched Patton 100 times.

:shrug:

At least with Bolton - you knew where he stood.
Oof.  Good lord

Bolton’s at least part of the reason the emergent US/SK/NK talks went to hell with his “Libya model” talk.  Michael Flynn, while brutal in his own right, would have been a million times better.  It was Bolton who once threatened a UN official, “we know where your kids live”.  

This guy should have hung from a tree somewhere for what he did in Iraq.  He should have been tried for war crimes.  Not advising the president on national security.  

I have little doubt Trump will pick someone similarly awful, but for now this is undeniably good news.  

Oof.  Good lord

Bolton’s at least part of the reason the emergent US/SK/NK talks went to hell with his “Libya model” talk.  Michael Flynn, while brutal in his own right, would have been a million times better.  It was Bolton who once threatened a UN official, “we know where your kids live”.  

This guy should have hung from a tree somewhere for what he did in Iraq.  He should have been tried for war crimes.  Not advising the president on national security.  

I have little doubt Trump will pick someone similarly awful, but for now this is undeniably good news.  
:shrug:

The devil is in the details.  I am not saying I prefer John Bolton in the government - I am saying be careful what you wish for.  Part of the problem with Trump as President is that he has no ####### idea what he is doing on any of it...

Oof.  Good lord

As you say, Flynn was bad, Bolton was worse - I think everyone just sees the general trajectory of the nominees these days and knows it's only going to get worse.

Users who are viewing this thread