What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

John Bolton, our old NSC- says he resigned, Trump says he’s fired. (1 Viewer)

I have little doubt Trump will pick someone similarly awful, but for now this is undeniably good news.  
Not necessarily. 

I can’t stand Bolton, but the latest differences between them seem to be about how much to trust the Taliban, Kim Jong Il, Putin, etc. In all of these situations (and possibly in Iran as well, given Trump’s announcement that he is willing to meet them without preconditions), our President has shown a remarkable naïveté, to put it mildly. As much of a warmonger as Bolton has been, at least he has a realistic view about who are the world’s bad guys. Trump does not. 

Trump is friendly with Rand Paul and reportedly interviewed Tulsi Gabbard to be part of his cabinet in the past.  Wouldn't mind seeing one of those two.  

Not necessarily. 

I can’t stand Bolton, but the latest differences between them seem to be about how much to trust the Taliban, Kim Jong Il, Putin, etc. In all of these situations (and possibly in Iran as well, given Trump’s announcement that he is willing to meet them without preconditions), our President has shown a remarkable naïveté, to put it mildly. As much of a warmonger as Bolton has been, at least he has a realistic view about who are the world’s bad guys. Trump does not. 
This is a fantastic post. It really explains in a nutshell why I became so disillusioned with the mainstream opposition to Trump.

Is it safe to assume that the revolving door at top administration positions means that less gets done, thus limiting the damage?
This is what I'm hopeful of but not confident in.  I know Republicans want to defend the brand and all that but there can't possibly by many left that think this guy is doing anything other than running a clown show. 

HE HAS NO CLUE WHAT HE IS DOING.

Interesting factoid:

Prior to Trump, the US has had 23 National Security Advisors over 64 years (first was in 1953).  The average tenure was 2.8 years for each NSA.

Under Trump, we will have had 4 NSAs in 2.8 years.

Also - next time you are suckered into believing a Trump SPOX:

John Hudson

@John_Hudson

After me and @jdawsey1  wrote this story about Bolton's standing faltering w/ Trump, an NSC spox said this: “This article is based solely on unconfirmed leaks & written with an apparent bias against Amb. Bolton. There’s more truth in the National Enquirer”

Also - next time you are suckered into believing a Trump SPOX:

John Hudson

@John_Hudson

After me and @jdawsey1  wrote this story about Bolton's standing faltering w/ Trump, an NSC spox said this: “This article is based solely on unconfirmed leaks & written with an apparent bias against Amb. Bolton. There’s more truth in the National Enquirer
"Thanks, Again!" - David Pecker

Its so easy to forget:

@kylegriffin1

1h

The same day that the most recent national security adviser was fired by the president, a federal judge set sentencing for December 18 for the president's first national security adviser.

As you say, Flynn was bad, Bolton was worse - I think everyone just sees the general trajectory of the nominees these days and knows it's only going to get worse.
Bolton was worse ideologically, but we haven't caught him colluding with foreign governments....yet

Henry Ford said:
It also probably means if a Democrat wins the first two years are going to be spent figuring out how to restaff and fix every department.
Restaff is certainly doable. Fix could be more of a challenge. By the time this is over the cultures, processes, and working knowledge could have been quite severely damaged. Perhaps some experts have a way to measure the "damage" but I haven't seen that yet.

Restaff is certainly doable. Fix could be more of a challenge. By the time this is over the cultures, processes, and working knowledge could have been quite severely damaged. Perhaps some experts have a way to measure the "damage" but I haven't seen that yet.
The damage Trump has done to our institutions is going to take a generation to repair, if ever.

Funny how progressives and antiwar Republicans (edit: conservatives) are celebrating the removal of this bloodthirsty maniac, while establishment Dems are lamenting the 'chaos' and 'disarray' and 'loss of a steady hand' in the White House.  These people are clowns.  

Reportedly Trump was discussing easing sanctions on Iran.  I guess things would have been better if we kept the MEK cheerleader close to the national security apparatus?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bolton is a bloodthirsty maniac.

Trump's administration is tumultuous, chaotic and lacks a steady hand evidenced in part by the dismissal of yet another security Dept head who this time was hired even though he is a known bloodthirsty maniac.

Last edited by a moderator:
why are these two things mutually exclusive?
see below

Bolton is a bloodthirsty maniac.

Trump's administration is tumultuous, chaotic and lacks a steady hand evidenced in part by the dismissal of yet another security Dept head who this time was hired even though he is a known bloodthirsty maniac.
Both of these posts are right. Bolton is awful and Trump is a poor judge of personnel.

What's so rich to me is acting like Bolton was around for a while when Trump just hired him.  Hell, I'm sure you could probably find video of Carlson or Hannity lauding the hire at the time.  What a bunch of ####### sycophants.
Carlson actually openly had it out and insulted Bolton face to face on his show maybe a year or so ago.  I agree Bolton isn't a leftist, Carlson is wrong about that.  But he's always had disdain for Bolton.  I think his ideas of war, regime change, and nation building has worn thin to people on all sides of politics.

Carlson actually openly had it out and insulted Bolton face to face on his show maybe a year or so ago.  I agree Bolton isn't a leftist, Carlson is wrong about that.  But he's always had disdain for Bolton.  I think his ideas of war, regime change, and nation building has worn thin to people on all sides of politics.
Interesting, thanks.  

Fox News super star Tucker Carlson hails firing of John Bolton: He was 'fundamentally a man of the left'

:lmao:   :lmao:   Man, this is one vicious cult. 
Conservative isolationists were calling W. Wilsonian around the time of the Operation: Enduring Freedom. There's no doubt this strain exists on the right. Bolton is an interventionist and nation-builder, which could make him a "man of the left."

These waters are muddy, to say the least. 

Personal story: I once knew Bolton's research assistant in D.C. Man, was she ####### smart. My friend went on a date with her and he described her -- and this was no insecure fellow -- as intimidating. I remember some vague things about her through my hazy times (I was on heroin then), but it was all very surreal, that scene. Best that I left it. 

Users who are viewing this thread