What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Consensus Mock Draft Pick 1.4 (1 Viewer)

What’s the pick?

• Saquon Barkley

Votes: 37 50.0%
  • Bradley Chubb

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • Quentin Nelson

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Minkah Fitzpatrick

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Derwin James

• Denzel Ward

• Tremaine Edmunds

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sebowski

Footballguy
Josh Allen edges out Mayfeild 22 votes to 19 for pick 3.

1.1 Sam Darnold (66% of the votes / 33 votes)

1.2 Josh Rosen (62.69% of the votes / 42 votes)

1.3 Josh Allen (52% of the votes / 23 votes)

1.4 The choice is yours!

Browns back on the clock! They got their QB and now they get the choice of the best player at any other position.

Last edited by a moderator:
:2cents:

A. Trade back

B. Defense, but I really don't know between Chubb, Fitz and James. Which is a reason to trade back. 

C. Barkley. 

Is there another possibility here? Assuming of course they took Darnold. 

A. Trade back

B. Defense, but I really don't know between Chubb, Fitz and James. Which is a reason to trade back. 

C. Barkley. 

Nelson. Not even a debate. Protect your franchise QB.

Nelson. Not even a debate. Protect your franchise QB.
I thought about him. And if their guards were weak I'd probably agree, but their guards seem like a strength of the team. Too bad there's not a replacement for Joe Thomas in this draft. 

I guess he's a possibility but "not even a debate"? :rolleyes:

ETA: no guard has been drafted top 5 since 2001. Nelson could break that streak but it seems unlikely. 2 were taken top 10 in 2013.

Pair Chubb with Myles, that DL would have incredible potential. The offense doesn't need more skill players at this point and their guards are pretty good. 

-OZ- said:

A. Trade back

C. Barkley. 

A. Ideal

B. Fitz might not have a clear position, they just took Peppers so it would be silly to do that again. Wasn't Derwin pretty questionable last year? It seems like I hear a lot of talk that many teams think he isn't even worth a 1st round pick. Plus, isn't he redundant with Peppers? 

-OZ- said:
I thought about him. And if their guards were weak I'd probably agree, but their guards seem like a strength of the team. Too bad there's not a replacement for Joe Thomas in this draft. 

I guess he's a possibility but "not even a debate"? :rolleyes:

ETA: no guard has been drafted top 5 since 2001. Nelson could break that streak but it seems unlikely. 2 were taken top 10 in 2013.
There was a lot of chatter at the combine that Nelson could be a LT in the pros. Only presence of Stanley and McGlinchey stopped it.

-OZ- said:

A. Trade back

C. Barkley. 

Agree with this. If they can get a haul from Buffalo, that's the way to go. 

I think Chubb is the clear choice over the DBs. If they go DB, I wouldn't rule out Denzel Ward over the safeties. 

There was a lot of chatter at the combine that Nelson could be a LT in the pros. Only presence of Stanley and McGlinchey stopped it.
Interesting. It doesn't seem like a college guard has a really good chance to become a top LT in the pros usually. Nelson is a stud but still that's a hard path.

Could I do a write in for Maurice Hurst? I think now that his heart thing is behind him, he's going to fly up boards. He's on the Donald/Atkins/McCoy spectrum, as an interior rusher. 

If not, I look for Derwin James to be the pick. 

Their has to be an option to trade-down with this pick since the Browns will get their QB with the top pick and their will be a fourth QB available here with many teams, especially Buffalo aggressively making moves to trade-up.

Browns signed RB Carlos Hyde and are paying him $6 million this year.  They have Duke as the pass receiving RB.  This draft is loaded at RB.  Barkley is not the pick.

Chubb would be the 3rd DE after Garrett and Ogbah.  Garrett didn't even play 50% of the snaps last year and neither did Ogbah.  Chubb would slated for less than 40% of the defensive snaps if he got that many.  Bottom line he would be a situational pass rusher with the Browns and you don't take player like that one year after taking Garrett and two years after taking Ogbah.

Minka blew it with his Combine.

Denzel Ward is only 183 lbs which is too light to take that high.

Browns have Bitonio and signed Zeitler as the higest paid guard last year.  They are not taking a guard with the 4th pick.  They are not taking a guard and moving him to RT since they just signed a RT to a high contract and are moving their own RT to LT to take over for Joe Thomas and they certainly are not taking a guard and moving him to LT.  They aren't taking a guard.

As much as I like Tremaine Edwards the Browns have a Pro Bowl MLB in Joe Schobert and have Jamie Collins and Christian Kirksey.  They are fine at LB..

Derwin's posittion is S and  the Browns drafted Peppers in the 1st last year and just signed Damarious Randall and moved him to FS and they still have Derrick Kindred.  The only way they'd take him is if they project him to CB and that would mean drafting a project at #4 and that is highly doubtful because he could fail as a CB.  

You don't  draft projects in the top-four if you have the option to trade-down for multiple 1st round picks.

Interesting. It doesn't seem like a college guard has a really good chance to become a top LT in the pros usually. Nelson is a stud but still that's a hard path.
Didn't Philly try this with Shawn Andrews initially? I remember it being talked about, but it might have been more speculation when he was drafted than a recap of what they did. 

I agree that it seems like a stretch to take a guy that high and put him somewhere he has never played. 

I voted Chubb. If trade down were an option, that'd be the obvious choice. I think 1.04 will also be a QB, just not sure to who. 

If Mayfield is still there they'll get calls 

If we force them to draft at this position I think Chubb is their best bet

Good lord. Why would they trade it? Browns gonna Brown. 

Take Barkley or Chubb. Give the fans something exciting to watch during the season on Sundays instead of only being relevant for a long weekend in late April. 

As a Bucs’ fan I’d prefer they do something silly like trade it though. 

Chubb takes the lead. I think they jumped the gun on signing Hyde so now Barkley doesn't feel like a ned. Wonder if they can flip Hyde for like a 7th or what the cost of cutting him would be. The NFL seems to be trending towards building the D-Line and pass rushers though, so maybe Chubb is the pick either way? 

Chubb takes the lead. I think they jumped the gun on signing Hyde so now Barkley doesn't feel like a ned. Wonder if they can flip Hyde for like a 7th or what the cost of cutting him would be. The NFL seems to be trending towards building the D-Line and pass rushers though, so maybe Chubb is the pick either way? 
I can't imagine any scenario like that happening. Any team that wanted Hyde could have signed him to a similar contract, hard to imagine a guy choosing the Browns for any reason other than money, even a local guy. Its also hard to see a team signing a guy and trying to flip him for a 7.

One could argue if they took Barkley maybe they'd deal Duke Johnson.

Take Barkley or Chubb. Give the fans something exciting to watch during the season on Sundays instead of only being relevant for a long weekend in late April. 

The third or fourth qb will be available at 1.4, and it sounds more and more likely that teams see it as a big 4.

If they could drop down to 5 with Denver or 7 with Tampa while Tampa picks up 1.12 plus, it could be tempting. 

The concern is that Indy probably doesn't want to move down any further and the Browns don't need Nelson at all. 

So put me down for Chubb here. 

I can't imagine any scenario like that happening. Any team that wanted Hyde could have signed him to a similar contract, hard to imagine a guy choosing the Browns for any reason other than money, even a local guy. Its also hard to see a team signing a guy and trying to flip him for a 7.

One could argue if they took Barkley maybe they'd deal Duke Johnson.

If a team had their eyes on a rookie RB and miss the run on them they might want Hyde. I now I'd take him on the Skins for a 7th and that contract if they miss the run on RBs. And without a 3rd rounder because of that stupid Alex Smith deal (Like Smith, hate the deal) they very much could miss out on rookie RBs. 

They could potentially get 1st and 2nd next year and still have 2 picks in the top 10 this year. They would stupid to say no if a team falls in love with the QB available at 4. 

They could potentially get 1st and 2nd next year and still have 2 picks in the top 10 this year. They would stupid to say no if a team falls in love with the QB available at 4. 
They should be the ones trading up with all the firepower they have. I’d be drafting the QB at #1. Chubb or Barkley at #4. Then moving up again for McGlinchey with all their 2nds.

They need great players. Not more picks. 

They should be the ones trading up with all the firepower they have. I’d be drafting the QB at #1. Chubb or Barkley at #4. Then moving up again for McGlinchey with all their 2nds.

While you're right in the plan imo, they should be trading up later in the draft after trading down here and getting more assets to use later.

Ideally they'll walk away with another 1st, whether this year or 19.

The picks will turn into "great" players. I get what you are saying about lots of later round picks not being necessary and packing 3rd or 4th round picks to move up and get a player they really like is smart since they don't want or need 10 rookies on the team. But there is the potential of eve then Broncos doing what the Bears did last year and offering a nice trade to swap 1 spot. The Dolphins or Bills at 11 or 12 could make a massive offer. That would allow the Browns to get their QB, get McGlnchey and then in the 2nd land two first round quality players and pay them 2nd round prices. That could be Sony Michel and Arden Key or Sam Hubbard and Jaire Alexander. Then next year they would have 2 more firsts and 2 more seconds to repeat the process. It seems to me that is how to take a talent deficient team and turn it around. 

Everybody wants to dance with the perfect partner. Most end up leaning on the wall talking about 3rd period. 

Barkley pulls this one back and takes it by 6 votes/50.7%. Browns offensive looking very promising as long as Darnold isn't a bust. So I guess Darnold will bust? 

Users who are viewing this thread