What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

julio (1 Viewer)

agr1986

Footballguy
recently made a trade for the 1.06, 2019 1st plus moncrief for julio. Long story short it got vetoed by the league. Is this an overpay on his part or are my leaguemates overvaluing draft picks like i think?

See, this is why I don't belong to leagues that can veto trades.  I used to be in a league long-ago that certain owners tried to veto every trade and trades were very hard to make.  IMO, the commish should have to justify the veto rather than you having to justify the trade.

Anyway, this is a very fair trade.  In fact, I'll bet if you ran it in shark pool it would be voted as even or people would prefer Julio as they will usually take a stud over picks.  I also entered the above trade into a few trade calculators and they all like the Julio side.  

For instance, using the March Dynasty Trade Value Chart by Dan Hindery

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=hindery2018marchtradevalue

Julio is worth 31 points

Moncrief (I've never understood the Moncrief love) is worth 2 points, the 2018 1.06 is worth 13 points, assuming the 2019 pick is mid 1st - lets assign another 13 point (although the 2019 draft is not supposed to be as good and picks a year-away are always worth less than this year's picks).  So, best case, the other side's point total is 28.    

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea i ran it by the league why it got vetoed and the commish said that i would be getting 2 studs for 8+ years and moncrief who had alot of "potential". I told him that hitting on a rookie 1st rounder is at about 50% and that getting a stud is hard to come by. I told them the consensus picks the last 8 years at 1.06 and only hopkins, derrick henry and corey davis last year are studs or on the upward trend all the rest were busts or just average starters

Seems relatively fair.  There was discussion in the Dynasty Value thread about Julio, consensus seems to be he was worth the 1.02.  So 1.06 and a future 1st seems about right, and if you're tired of the headache of Moncrief after landing in a horrible spot then why not get rid of him. 

Vetoing trades is insanely stupid in the first place.  Run your dynasty team how you want.  

Find a new league, vetoing is dumb. I am not joking at all, there are plenty of good leagues posted on these boards that use league safe.

This is complete crap.  There is no reason out there to veto this deal.  A commish should never veto any deal unless obvious collusion.  That is definitely not the case here.  I hate leagues that have veto power.  They general league members should have no say about a trades validity or the power to overturn a trade.  The commish is there for a reason. It should be at their sole discretion based on collusion only. 

I would push to remove the league veto capability and/or look for a new league. 

Users who are viewing this thread