What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DE Michael Bennett indicted on felony (1 Viewer)

Bronco Billy

Footballguy
Michael Bennett - DL -  Eagles

Eagles DE Michael Bennett has been indicted on a felony charge of injuring a 66-year-old paraplegic woman at Super Bowl 51.

The 66-year-old woman was working at Houston's NRG Stadium trying to control access to the field. A warrant in the state of Texas has been issued for Bennett's arrest. Then a member of the Seahawks, Bennett attended the Super Bowl to watch his brother Martellus. Michael was accused of shoving his way onto the field after the woman told him to use a different entrance. Bennett faces a penalty of up to 10 years in prison in addition to a $10,000 fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate Roger Goodell.  Honestly he might give me a heart attack one day.  He has zero integrity if Bennett isn’t immediately suspended.  I could care less if Bennett actually did anything or not, because that has never stopped this commissioner from being the Supreme Judge idiot. If Zeke can get six games without an indictment, this should be a no brainer.  If Josh Gordon can get suspended for a season for responsibly having a drink with teammates, this should be a no brainer.  If Tom Brady can get suspended after a judge overrules the NFL, this should be a no brainer. If Vincent Jackson can get suspended three games for driving without a license, this should be a no brainer. If Tank Johnson can get suspended for having guns inside his house, this should be a no brainer.  If Plaxico can get suspended for shooting himself, this should be a no brainer.  If Pac-Man Jones can get suspended for “inciting a fight”, this should be a no brainer.

Being a social activists shouldn’t get you special treatment over other athletes who have had to go through the same troubles in their life.

I hate Roger Goodell.  Honestly he might give me a heart attack one day.  He has zero integrity if Bennett isn’t immediately suspended.  I could care less if Bennett actually did anything or not, because that has never stopped this commissioner from being the Supreme Judge idiot. If Zeke can get six games without an indictment, this should be a no brainer.  If Josh Gordon can get suspended for a season for responsibly having a drink with teammates, this should be a no brainer.  If Tom Brady can get suspended after a judge overrules the NFL, this should be a no brainer. If Vincent Jackson can get suspended three games for driving without a license, this should be a no brainer. If Tank Johnson can get suspended for having guns inside his house, this should be a no brainer.  If Plaxico can get suspended for shooting himself, this should be a no brainer.  If Pac-Man Jones can get suspended for “inciting a fight”, this should be a no brainer.

Being a social activists shouldn’t get you special treatment over other athletes who have had to go through the same troubles in their life.
That's not why Gordon was suspended.

This incidence is alleged to have happened in February of 2017. No video evidence exists.

In August he makes accusation against Vegas PD.

In September the Houston PD says they started investigating this case, had other higher priority cases they say.  Houston was hammered with floods in August, city was in shambles. So after all this time and when the city was a wreck  and I'm sure most members of the police force were working exhausting overtime hours this was when they decided it was a good time to open up a 7 month old case?  Just by wild coincidence a month after his Vegas accusation? You bet, sounds on the up and up to me.

I hate making snap judgments about situations where we don't have all the facts. The fact that you hate Bennett's activism does not automatically make him guilty, nor does the fact that you support him mean he's being set up.

That being said, like @Bronco Billy I'm having a hard time imagining the set of circumstances where pushing past crowd control in the immediate aftermath of a Super Bowl warrants a felony charge.

This incidence is alleged to have happened in February of 2017. No video evidence exists.

In September the Houston PD says they started investigating this case, had other higher priority cases they say.  Houston was hammered with floods in August, city was in shambles. So after all this time and when the city was a wreck  and I'm sure most members of the police force were working exhausting overtime hours this was when they decided it was a good time to open up a 7 month old case?  Just by wild coincidence a month after his Vegas accusation? You bet, sounds on the up and up to me.
I agree 100% that it’s connected to his Vegas accusations.  However, right or wrong, he had to know that lying about the Vegas situation would have consequences.  Police stick up for each other, they certainly aren’t going to do him any favors.  This guy is a POS, he’s just getting what is coming to him.

Actually, video may exist. Bennett's sister says she has it recorded on her phone. The police/prosecutors refused to review it.

We'll know soon enough whether she's telling the truth and what it shows exactly.

And there's no way I believe for a second that there wasn't surveillance video covering every inch of that stadium. Now what happened to that video, especially if the police waited months and months to do anything, that's a different story.

I agree 100% that it’s connected to his Vegas accusations.  However, right or wrong, he had to know that lying about the Vegas situation would have consequences.  Police stick up for each other, they certainly aren’t going to do him any favors.  This guy is a POS, he’s just getting what is coming to him.
I watched that entire press conference by Vegas pd addressing this situation. The cops body cam cuts out when Bennett claims this happened.  Video didn’t prove anything one way or the other 

I watched that entire press conference by Vegas pd addressing this situation. The cops body cam cuts out when Bennett claims this happened.  Video didn’t prove anything one way or the other 
I’m talking more about the rest of the situation.  He was acting shady and running from cops.  I don’t care if the cops told him they’d blow his FN head off or whatever.  He was alleging that he was racially profiled, and this wasn’t even close to what happened.  He did more to harm his case than he did to help it.

I’m talking more about the rest of the situation.  He was acting shady and running from cops.  I don’t care if the cops told him they’d blow his FN head off or whatever.  He was alleging that he was racially profiled, and this wasn’t even close to what happened.  He did more to harm his case than he did to help it.
I would encourage you to watch for yourself and make your own judgement

Lol

Actually, video may exist. Bennett's sister says she has it recorded on her phone. The police/prosecutors refused to review it.

We'll know soon enough whether she's telling the truth and what it shows exactly.

And there's no way I believe for a second that there wasn't surveillance video covering every inch of that stadium. Now what happened to that video, especially if the police waited months and months to do anything, that's a different story.
:lmao:

Obviously can't condemn the man with out due process.  Granted, Bennett has come off looking like a  #### sometimes but whole lot of holes to address in the Police Chief's accounting of the incident.

Only in this current world would people come to the defense of a guy like Bennett calling for "due process."  Questioning the supposed "holes" in the investigation when no one outside the case even knows anything about the details. Of course the guy will get "due process."  The need for people to bring that up immediately after a guy like Bennett is indicted on pushing some handicap old person and then bring up the Vegas stuff up as a potential reason police in another state is going after him is mind numbingly ridiculous.  It shows where we've come to as a society.   

Only in this current world would people come to the defense of a guy like Bennett calling for "due process."  Questioning the supposed "holes" in the investigation when no one outside the case even knows anything about the details. Of course the guy will get "due process."  The need for people to bring that up immediately after a guy like Bennett is indicted on pushing some handicap old person and then bring up the Vegas stuff up as a potential reason police in another state is going after him is mind numbingly ridiculous.  It shows where we've come to as a society.   
Agree with this wholeheartedly.

Could not agree more about the surveillance...Bennett is very high-profile and will have zero issues using the race card whether it is legit or not...if the Houston PD does not have pretty much ironclad evidence of this they are gonna be involved in a PR nightmare...

Agree with this wholeheartedly.

This coming from a guy whose interests include "looking at my package".

Welcome to my ignore bin.

you are miss remembering
No.  The body cam footage was not from the officer that caught Bennett. It was from a second officer than ran up an elevated walkway while the officer that caught Bennett followed him to street level.  Once Bennett was caught it took the officer with the body cam roughly 10-15 seconds to reach Bennett. Once he does reach Bennett, Bennett is claiming the officer that caught him said he would blow his head off. The body cam footage doesn’t prove either side of the story. You should watch for yourself

No.  The body cam footage was not from the officer that caught Bennett. It was from a second officer than ran up an elevated walkway while the officer that caught Bennett followed him to street level.  Once Bennett was caught it took the officer with the body cam roughly 10-15 seconds to reach Bennett. Once he does reach Bennett, Bennett is claiming the officer that caught him said he would blow his head off. The body cam footage doesn’t prove either side of the story. You should watch for yourself
::sigh::

Here's what your angel/sports hero did according to Hou PC.

Mr. Bennett forcibly opened the locked doors at the southwest corner of the NRG Budweiser tunnels even though security stated he did not have access to the tunnels to get to the field. In an attempt to push his way and force his way into the field … he pushed back one white female who was 28 years of age and pushed back another male individual. Mr. Bennett then went up to a 66-year-old black female employee of the NRG, a paraplegic, and pushed her.

Mr. Bennett’s assault on this individual actually caused injury; according to medical records, a sprain of her shoulder. Mr. Bennett then continued to try to get onto the field, at which time one of our officers, Officer Morgan, from our eastside division, who was actually working at the stadium providing security, who witnessed the incident, attempted to contact Mr. Bennett and actually tried to stop him and question him. Mr. Bennett disregarded Officer Morgan, said, “F*** you,” and walked past him on the field. Mr. Bennett, also, after pushing the females, both the 28-year-old white female and the 66-year-old paraplegic black female, stated to them, “You all must know who I am; and I can own this m.f. m*****f*****. I’m going onto the field whether you like it or not.”

Again, Officer Morgan attempted to intervene, and walk up. Officer Morgan then did an assessment, based on the fact that he was a one-man unit, Mr. Bennett is a much larger than he is, there’s pandemonium, and quite frankly, he recognized Mr. Bennett as being, as you all know here in Houston, an NFL player. He knew that he had to keep eyes on that location. He did not feel that Mr. Bennett posed an additional threat to anyone by going onto the field, and he made a split-second decision to check on the women, especially the 66-year-old paraplegic who was knocked down.

Last edited:
Here's what your angel did according to Hou PC.

Mr. Bennett forcibly opened the locked doors at the southwest corner of the NRG Budweiser tunnels even though security stated he did not have access to the tunnels to get to the field. In an attempt to push his way and force his way into the field … he pushed back one white female who was 28 years of age and pushed back another male individual. Mr. Bennett then went up to a 66-year-old black female employee of the NRG, a paraplegic, and pushed her.

Mr. Bennett’s assault on this individual actually caused injury; according to medical records, a sprain of her shoulder. Mr. Bennett then continued to try to get onto the field, at which time one of our officers, Officer Morgan, from our eastside division, who was actually working at the stadium providing security, who witnessed the incident, attempted to contact Mr. Bennett and actually tried to stop him and question him. Mr. Bennett disregarded Officer Morgan, said, “F*** you,” and walked past him on the field. Mr. Bennett, also, after pushing the females, both the 28-year-old white female and the 66-year-old paraplegic black female, stated to them, “You all must know who I am; and I can own this m.f. m*****f*****. I’m going onto the field whether you like it or not.”

Again, Officer Morgan attempted to intervene, and walk up. Officer Morgan then did an assessment, based on the fact that he was a one-man unit, Mr. Bennett is a much larger than he is, there’s pandemonium, and quite frankly, he recognized Mr. Bennett as being, as you all know here in Houston, an NFL player. He knew that he had to keep eyes on that location. He did not feel that Mr. Bennett posed an additional threat to anyone by going onto the field, and he made a split-second decision to check on the women, especially the 66-year-old paraplegic who was knocked down.
The surprising thing to me is the police encountered an obviously dangerous man, who was inflicting damage, and just let him go.  Probably a good thing he didn't seriously harm someone.  Imagine the liability of knowingly letting a violent man continue unimpeded? 

The surprising thing to me is the police encountered an obviously dangerous man, who was inflicting damage, and just let him go.  Probably a good thing he didn't seriously harm someone.  Imagine the liability of knowingly letting a violent man continue unimpeded? 
The cops need to be suspended if they let King Kong rip through locked doors, toss aside officers of the law, and ragdoll a parapalegic into a doctor's visit/hospital trip without stopping him or doing anything about it for 14 months.

The cops need to be suspended if they let King Kong rip through locked doors, toss aside officers of the law, and ragdoll a parapalegic into a doctor's visit/hospital trip without stopping him or doing anything about it for 14 months.
Yeah but the officer, obviously a trained psychologist, evaluated Mr. Bennett and determined one locked door and 2 people were all the damage he was going to inflict in one night.  Good call by him.

I've seen every second of video on this case.  Bennett has lied about every second that is on video.  Why would I think that he's telling the truth about the 10-15 seconds that aren't on video?  Besides, who cares what the officer said to Bennett.  He was legally detaining someone that was acting very suspicious and ignoring police commands at the scene of a shooting.  We're not talking about an innocent man getting shot or someone getting detained because of their race.  Bennett exposed himself as a race baiting idiot.  Honestly, I think someone like Colin Kaepernick watches that whole situation and is smart enough to realize that Bennett is hurting his cause.  I have no clue how someone can come to Bennett's defense.

gunther said:
Here's what your angel/sports hero did according to Hou PC.

If this account is true -- and again, I'm withholding any judgment until all the facts come out and we hear all sides -- then I would say a) Bennett acted like an #####, and b) I don't see anything that even remotely resembles a felony.

Amused to Death said:
Yeah but the officer, obviously a trained psychologist, evaluated Mr. Bennett and determined one locked door and 2 people were all the damage he was going to inflict in one night.  Good call by him.
How much do you think Bennett's lawyer is salivating at the thought of cross examining this guy?

"Officer, is it common practice in the HPD, upon witnessing a felony, to let the suspect go and then charge them a year later?"

flapgreen said:

flapgreen said:
Least surprising thing ever. Guy is a turd 
LOL.

If this account is true -- and again, I'm withholding any judgment until all the facts come out and we hear all sides -- then I would say a) Bennett acted like an #####, and b) I don't see anything that even remotely resembles a felony.

So, you don't know the law. Keep making excuses for Bennett.

The charge and why Bennett’s mental state and extent of victim’s injuries matter

Bennett has been indicted with violating Texas Penal Code § 22.04, a criminal statute that imposes a heightened punishment for injuring a child, elderly individual (defined under Texas law as someone 65 or older) or a disabled individual. A person commits this offense if he or she “intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence,” causes someone to suffer one of three defined categories of harm—serious bodily injury; serious mental deficiency, impairment, or injury; or bodily injury.

bleachercreacher said:
I've seen every second of video on this case.  Bennett has lied about every second that is on video.  Why would I think that he's telling the truth about the 10-15 seconds that aren't on video?  Besides, who cares what the officer said to Bennett.  He was legally detaining someone that was acting very suspicious and ignoring police commands at the scene of a shooting.  We're not talking about an innocent man getting shot or someone getting detained because of their race.  Bennett exposed himself as a race baiting idiot.  Honestly, I think someone like Colin Kaepernick watches that whole situation and is smart enough to realize that Bennett is hurting his cause.  I have no clue how someone can come to Bennett's defense.
We are absolutely talking about an innocent man (the night of the Vegas shooting).   Bennett didn’t do anything against the law that night.   And what the police officer says does matter.  I believe even the most ardent supporters of law enforcement would agree that officers shouldn’t be running around telling people they’re going to blow their f***ing heads off. And I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t believe Bennett.  Just pointing out the video doesn’t prove anything one way or the other. If you don’t want to accept that, so be it

Bennett also said that an officer threatened to "blow (his) head off," but Lombardo said he did not see any officer say that in the more than 800 videos the department examined.

We are absolutely talking about an innocent man (the night of the Vegas shooting).   Bennett didn’t do anything against the law that night.   And what the police officer says does matter.  I believe even the most ardent supporters of law enforcement would agree that officers shouldn’t be running around telling people they’re going to blow their f***ing heads off. And I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t believe Bennett.  Just pointing out the video doesn’t prove anything one way or the other. If you don’t want to accept that, so be it
Please show me evidence that an officer in Vegas told him he was going to blow his head off. 

Users who are viewing this thread