What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

American Top 40 - This Week In 1973 (1 Viewer)

Uruk-Hai

Footballguy
40.  "Daisy A Day" - Jud Strunk

This is awful. It's like a remake of that damned "Unicorn" song from the 60s. I'm already sorry I popped this one.

39. "A Letter To Myself" - ChiLites

Eugene Record is one of the shamefully lost great singer-songwriters of the 70s (wonder why.....). This is just a re-write of "Have You Seen Her", but is still better than ####### "Sweet Baby James".

37. "Good Morning Heartache" - Diana Ross

By this point, Ross had kind of become a parody of herself. I was never a fan of her original self (her band, though, was the best), so I her trying to be Lena Horne here was not much of a disappointment.

36. "Cook With Honey" - Judy Collins

I mean, I guess she's great and all. But this leaves me numb.

35. "Hello Hurray" - Alice Cooper

Little bit of energy, especially after that last sleeping pill of a song. 

Another minor-ish hit, but at least it's awake.

34. "Master Of Eyes" - Aretha Franklin

God, I had forgotten all about this record. Probably a third-tier for Aretha and a first-tier for 99% of the rest of humanity. 

33. "Give Me Your Love" - Barbara Mason

Proto-disco. Mason had a couple of beautiful hits in the 60s, but couldn't keep it going with this kind of stuff.

32. "Little Willy" - Sweet

This record is dumb and idiotic and kicks every kind of ### known to man. Punky and funky.

37. "Good Morning Heartache" - Diana Ross

By this point, Ross had kind of become a parody of herself. I was never a fan of her original self (her band, though, was the best), so I her trying to be Lena Horne here was not much of a disappointment.
this was from her Billie Holiday movie. i liked that, bogus as it was in so many ways

31. "Kissing My Love" - Bill Withers

Huh.... another singer-songwriter who's lost to history and didn't sing ####### "Sweet Baby James". Looking for a pattern here, folks. Any help?

29. "The Twelfth of Never – Donny Osmond

I mean, I don't know. Johnny Mathis was a better singer, but he had as much soul as a clod of clay. Mathis is like Otis Redding compared to Osmond. 

29. "The Twelfth of Never – Donny Osmond

I mean, I don't know. Johnny Mathis was a better singer, but he had as much soul as a clod of clay. Mathis is like Otis Redding compared to Osmond. 
I always hated that talentless Osmond family.

27. "Crocodile Rock" - Elton John

He had hits before this, but this record kicked off one of the most remarkable runs of hit singles in rock history.   

25. "Do You Want To Dance" - Bette Midler

I admire the daring to take one of the most exciting records of all time and make it a ballad. The execution sucks, though.

22. "Masterpiece" - Temptations

Norman Whitfield didn't know when to quit - he was going to politicize the Tempts til it hurt. Damned if he didn't keep making exciting records, though.

Listened from 40 to 32 putting up a Pending sign this morning.  Thanks for doing this.   List so far is much better than the last few.

16. "The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia" - Vicki Lawrence

Soap Opera on vinyl by one of Carol Burnett's buddies.

14. "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love" - Spinners

I actually met Philippe Wynn, but he was long gone from the Spinners by then and was part of the PFunk clan (you can hear him on "Not Just Knee Deep").

Anyway, he had one of the most distinctive voices of the 70s. I'll always love those Spinners records.

14. "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love" - Spinners

I actually met Philippe Wynn, but he was long gone from the Spinners by then and was part of the PFunk clan (you can hear him on "Not Just Knee Deep").

Anyway, he had one of the most distinctive voices of the 70s. I'll always love those Spinners records.
Huge fan of the Spinners.   I was 13 as of this airing and that's when I really got into music.  This Top 40 will have the greatest number of songs I like for sure.

10. "Ain't No Woman" - Four Tops

This is a Mount Rushmore song for me. I'll take Levi Stubbs in a singer draft and ya'll can pick from everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread