What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official The Terror - New AMC Show *** (1 Viewer)

James Daulton

Footballguy
Show has promise, an interesting premise (2 English ships sent to find the Northwest passage in the mid-1800's), sets look really great, with a narly, extremely inhospitable setting.  

Plus it has monsters or some such thing.

I wasnt completely paying attention because I thought I was still watching the cosmically bad TWD until it was almost done. 

Good group of actors and the ships look good... Not sure about the water and ice though. Also not sure anything actually happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasnt completely paying attention because I thought I was still watching the cosmically bad TWD until it was almost done. 

Good group of actors and the ships look good... Not sure about the water and ice though. Also not sure anything actually happened.
Oh something happened!  The Terror!

McJose said:
Spoiler

Jared Harris kills himself after caught embezzling.
Jared Kushner is in this? 

Kinda makes sense. Impossible mission, bad decisions, father-in-law is a maniac. 

good show. pretty brutal way to go out for a couple guys.

the one problem I'm having is, other than about 4-5 guys, I can't tell anyone apart.

Jared Harris and Cirian Hands are just flat out acting the #### out of this show.  Both are great.  Edmure Tully?.....Meh...

Yup.  Really enjoying it.

Should start getting more interesting when the supplies start running out

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the monster is more monster-y than just a supersized polar bear. 
When I first saw it, I was thinking that it would be cool if it was the polar bear from Lost.

Just one of those WTF thoughts I have once in a while. 

One of the first books I ever read was about the lost colony of Roanoke. 

This reminds me of that, and each episode gets a little creepier.  Most of the history surrounding the plight of the crew is second-hand folklore, much of it from the Inuit.  The self-immolation scene was truly surreal (actually using this word correctly), especially when you consider the crew on their second winter with no sun, no real options, destined to die on the end of the earth. 

I think it's good.  People getting too wrapped up in Tuunbaq. Imagination down? 

:blackdot:

Going to have to check this show out.  Sounds a bit similar to Hampton Sides' "In the Kingdom of Ice" on the De Long expedition, which I read a few years ago, but with monsters, I guess.

Jared Harris is great in everything but especially in the expanse. I like this so far but its a bit slow. 

I'm enjoying this a lot, but I'm still iffy on some of the guys. I know Captain 1 (Franklin - RIP), Captain 2 (Crozier), his second (Fitzjames), Dr. Goodsir (who is a freaky dead ringer for Ed Helms), Hickey, Blanky, and Jopson (the guy who looks after Crozier). I don't think I would be able to name any of the other guys if you lined them up in a row.

I thought it was the other doctor who lit himself on fire, but nope, some other dude. 

Rewatching episode 1 was a good idea for me. A lot of important contextual tidbits that play important roles in the storyline all the way down the line. 

I've fallen behind but am still committed to endure.  The scenes in England are important for developing character but they stretch out what's already a slow placed show.

This show has gone from slow to just lousy. The completely predictable ending to the last episode sure didn't help.

I'm still liking it. there's only a couple more episodes anyway. 

Hickey doing an impression of Captain Crozier while on the gallows was pretty funny.

I am enjoying the show quite a bit although it really doesn't need the monster angle.   I do find it easier to watch with CC on.

Godsbrother said:
I am enjoying the show quite a bit although it really doesn't need the monster angle.   I do find it easier to watch with CC on.
yeah, the monster is just kinda fluff. it's really about the men losing their ####.

I thought the best part of the last episode was just the conversation between Fitzjames & Crozier while they were walking. 2 guys who haven't liked each other finding some common ground and becoming buddies. and it was really well acted.

Users who are viewing this thread