What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Schobert (1 Viewer)

ckburton.coach

Footballguy
What's your alls take on Schobert? Franchise type LB? Someone to hang your hat on in dynasty? Is he able to keep up his production rate? Or, trade him for what you can get now?

I'd be curious to see what his total opportunity was last year -- Cleveland's total offensive plays vs. defensive plays compare to the league average. Was he a guy that snuck into the top 10 based on opportunity and could fall quite a bit if the offense gets decent enough to reduce his opportunities on a game-to-game basis? I'm not sure how much Jamie Collins' return could impact his stats. Better offense and returning talent both make me at least a little skeptical. He's only been in the league for 2 years and took advantage of his opportunity. It could be sell-high time, or he could get better. Tough call.

Ultimately, I'd trade a linebacker for a good offensive player whenever possible (within reason). LBs tend to be much easier to find on the wire than a reliable WR/TE. 

If you can trade him for top 10-15 LB value I would do that.  I think he is a JAG and the volume was the reason for his showing.  He is solid LB depth on your team but I don't think he is elite. 

He might have some JAG in him, but he's on a rookie contract with a team paying their other LB's a ton of money.  He's got that role for 2 more years minimum.  I think he's a lot more than a JAG in ways, he was very productive at Wisconsin albeit in a different role, and he's a Joe Dirt type LB you love to see.  Reminds me a bit of Spielman.

Users who are viewing this thread