Bojang0301

Dynasty: Dallas Goedert, TE Philadelphia Eagles

257 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, BigTex said:

I am not really sure why so many mocks have Philly taking him it makes absolutely ZERO sense! There’s no way Philly takes a TE in the 1st.

Tex

I could see it. They still need someone to replace Burton and Pederson has talked about wanting to use 2 and 3 TE sets. Also considering Ertz injury history and missing some time since his young career started it makes sense. I've heard a few suggestions that Pederson could try to emulate the Ground/Hernandez tandem by drafting a guy to pair with Ertz. 

On 3/31/2018 at 6:32 AM, Bojang0301 said:

6'5 256 

6.87 3 Cone

35 Vert

10-1 Broad

College Stats

Pro Day

Not sure I've been as impressed by workout numbers without a 40 time. Everyone can continue to talk about Gesicki, guy is going to be a monster.

3 cone was 7.02 according to nfldraftscout. Still good, but not quite as good. Would've been the 4th best at the combine, behind Gesicki, Samuels, and Schultz.

6 hours ago, ZWK said:

3 cone was 7.02 according to nfldraftscout. Still good, but not quite as good. Would've been the 4th best at the combine, behind Gesicki, Samuels, and Schultz.

Looks like that initial report was false then. Takes a bit of steam off but still offers him up as above 75th percentile agility score. Draft capital and opportunity are going to be a big deal with the TE’s, IMO.

Vikings beat writer Darren Wolfson believes the team's interest in South Dakota State TE is "genuine."

At pick No. 30, if the Vikings want Goedert they will have to select him with their first pick. Trading out of the first round is absolutely possible. The Vikings have Kyle Rudolph on the roster, as well as a tremendous duo of Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs, but Goedert is a star in the redzone.

Source: Darren Wolfson on Twitter 

Apr 24 - 10:58 AM

An anonymous scout told Bob McGinn Football that South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert has "Jason Witten-like" qualities.

"He’s got some Jason Witten-like qualities," said the scout. "People think of Witten now as an annual Pro Bowler but he slipped in the draft. Goedert has the size, the athletic body control, the hands. He’ll improve as a blocker." Another scout mentioned to McGinn that Goedert (6'4/256) is the "most complete tight end in the draft." It appears to be neck-and-neck as to which tight end comes off the board first between the former SDSU star and South Carolina's Hayden Hurst, but a team looking for high upside likely takes Goedert first.

Source: Bob McGinn Football 

Apr 24 - 8:42 PM

If Goedert is available at 2.04 in dynasty TE-premium rookie draft, I'm taking him.

That's all I got.

17 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

If Goedert is available at 2.04 in dynasty TE-premium rookie draft, I'm taking him.

That's all I got.

Might be too late. 

Tex

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, BigTex said:
22 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

That's all I got.

Might be too late. 

Tex

Yeah.

Eagles traded up with the Colts to select South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert with the No. 49 overall pick in the 2018 NFL draft.

Philly jumped ahead of the Cowboys, who found out they are losing Jason Witten to retirement on Friday. Goedert (6’5/256) was a two-time first-team FCS All-American, logging a career 198/2,988/15.1/21 receiving line and leading all draft-eligible tight ends in PFF’s yards per route run (2.94) in 2017. Smart (34 Wonderlic) with position flexibility, Goedert logged 65% of his snaps in line and 33% in the slot or out wide and led the nation in yards after catch (573) as a senior. Although he is a competitive run blocker, Goedert’s primary NFL role will be to create passing-game mismatches with plus athleticism, long arms (34"), big hands (10"), and a nearly 80-inch wingspan. Long-term, Goedert is capable of becoming a Zach Ertz-level producer, but he will be stuck behind Ertz in the Trey Burton role early in his career.

Apr 27 - 8:23 PM

1 person likes this

So now I'm conflicted. Do I draft this guy and then trade Gronk at the end of the year if he's killing it or stay away from Goedert? 

Posted (edited)

I like Goedert as a player, but I must admit I like him going to the Eagles (as a Cowboys fan).

I initially was hoping they wouldn't go D & take a RB because I don't believe a RB they could get with any of their picks would make a big difference to them, but taking a TE might be just as good.

Again, it's not the player. Just saying I don't believe a TE will make a big difference for them. I also liked they traded up (although, I haven't heard yet what Philly gave).

Edited by Football Jones

Am I crazy to think the Eagles are trying to v2.0 Brady to Gronk/Hernandez with Wentz to Ertz//Goedert? First thing I thought of logic wise.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

I like Goedert as a player, but I must admit I like him going to the Eagles (as a Cowboys fan).

I initially was hoping they wouldn't go D & take a RB because I don't believe a RB they could get with any of their picks would make a big difference to them, but taking a TE might be just as good.

Again, it's not the player. Just saying I don't believe a TE will make a big difference for them. I also liked they traded up (although, I haven't heard yet what Philly gave).

I saw a fifth

2 people like this

6 minutes ago, mquinnjr said:

Am I crazy to think the Eagles are trying to v2.0 Brady to Gronk/Hernandez with Wentz to Ertz//Goedert? First thing I thought of logic wise.

Yes when Pederson got here he wanted to run a lot of 2 TE sets. They were one of the teams % wise who used a mixture of 2TE sets of different formations with them last year that was used at one of the higher rates. 

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Yes when Pederson got here he wanted to run a lot of 2 TE sets. They were one of the teams % wise who used a mixture of 2TE sets of different formations with them last year that was used at one of the higher rates. 

God this is going to be fun to watch if Dallas is as advertised.

1 person likes this

Great addition for the Eagles...if this kid is legit it gives a very good offensive mind (Pederson) another weapon/match-up problem...he and Ertz could really be a handful...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, mquinnjr said:

I kinda doubt Pederson is copying the Pats. Maybe if Ertz & Goedert were equal to Gronk & Hernandez, but we're talking a whole other level with Gronk/Hernandez not to mention we don't know what Goedert can do yet.

I believe they went strictly BPA which can be good & bad. Like I said, as a Cowboys fan, I'll take it.

Not trashing the pick because I like Goedert, but at the same time, I like seeing it (if that makes sense).

Edited by Football Jones
1 person likes this

Bad year to have a 1st round pick. Terrible landing spot for Goedert. 

1 hour ago, mquinnjr said:

hopefully with fewer murders

5 people like this

Eagles lost Celek & Burton this offseason so this plus adding Rodgers allows them to run their scheme. I’d have to think Ertz loses targets this year though.

10 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

So now I'm conflicted. Do I draft this guy and then trade Gronk at the end of the year if he's killing it or stay away from Goedert? 

If you have Gronk in a dynasty, you should already be trading him.

1 minute ago, petekrum said:

That’s a blanket statement. Certainly depends on the value you get back. The guy remains a competitive advantage, so a competitive team should still be selective of who they ship him to, and for what. Obviously if you aren’t competitive, yes, he’s a terrific guy to sell. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Or trying to get him at a discounted rate from a panicked owner...he may not be playing much longer but he is still the undisputed #1 TE right now...he could put a team over the top in 2018 without having to give up anywhere close to equal value...

49 minutes ago, JPeso said:

That’s a blanket statement. Certainly depends on the value you get back. The guy remains a competitive advantage, so a competitive team should still be selective of who they ship him to, and for what. Obviously if you aren’t competitive, yes, he’s a terrific guy to sell. 

Yes, obviously don’t give him away, but the better dynasty owners don’t let assets retire on their team. 

Posted (edited)

Wentz got another weapon! Wentz win, Ertz lose.

Tex

Edited by BigTex
1 person likes this

Fantasy-wise, if he had gone to Dallas he'd be much higher ranked.  I think this is an excellent pickup for the Eagles, but don't expect fantasy relevance for a few years.

2 people like this

This guy now surpasses Jeff Feagles as my favorite Eagles player ever.  Wish him nothing but the best.  Akers is up there as well, btw.

He lined up as a FB and WR in college. 

The Titans ran a ton of two and three TE sets. One read they always spoke of was the TE shifting somewhere and how this helped Mariota to see who followed him. Shifting Walker to the slot helped Henry run better imo, wasn't just for passing.

Jonnu Smith is an awesome downfield blocker. Goedert isn't as good in-line but he is a good downfield blocker too. The Titans liked to get Smith involved on screens to the RB. For a sparingly used TE, he made a nice impact with his blocks. 

The Titans messed it all up, no doubt, but when ya play multiple TE sets often, teams load up the LOS and things become real constricted in the center of the field. The shifts would have been more effective if run by a better OC. The Pats do it very well.

I bet Goedert gets a lot of time early then reverts to a backup spot. He offers a nice sampling and nice competition to get the regular guys moving around. By the time camp comes, we'll have to see how things shake out but it'll be good for their TEs to get some competition moving around at first.

A lot of assumptions here but the 2 and 3 TE offense is so vanilla there isn't a whole lot else that a team can do without Hernandez and Gronk. 

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, petekrum said:

It's more of a keeper league keep 4 players. It's just a basic keeper league where picks can be traded and normal PPR scoring. Waivers go by record and reset weekly. 

13 hours ago, petekrum said:

Yes, obviously don’t give him away, but the better dynasty owners don’t let assets retire on their team. 

Well I wasn't really competitive last year mostly do to player injuries. I got Wentz/Rodgers and Jimmy G at QB Gronk at TE Melvin Gordon at RB with McGuire, Perine. WR Jordy, Robbie Anderson, Kupp and a few others I can't remember. I'm not great but if I could trade him and maybe someone is desperate I think it's fair to get a keeper pick say 3rd or 4th round depending on other assets given back is right to ask for no? 

On 4/28/2018 at 8:38 AM, petekrum said:

This is a really bad take

1 person likes this

On 4/29/2018 at 10:36 PM, Hankmoody said:

This is a really bad take

No, it’s not. If you can get younger value for an older near retirement asset in a dynasty, you do it. 

1 hour ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

This belongs in that Dallas thread where they keep trying to reassure themselves that they didn't get sniped by the Eagles.

You seem to have a colossal hard on for not only this topic but the Dallas Cowboys in general. Everything in football doesn’t have to do with the Dallas Cowboys dude. You’re weird.

5 people like this

1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

You seem to have a colossal hard on for not only this topic but the Dallas Cowboys in general. Everything in football doesn’t have to do with the Dallas Cowboys dude. You’re weird.

:goodposting:

Last two posts prove my point, Eagles hosed the Cowboys. Super defensive and uptight fans.  I root for neither, btw.  Poor Cowboys.

On 5/4/2018 at 6:02 PM, petekrum said:

No, it’s not. If you can get younger value for an older near retirement asset in a dynasty, you do it. 

Like Larry Fitzgerald for example?

I don't think that worked out very well as an axiom of what dynasty owners should do.