What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Dallas Goedert, PHI (1 Viewer)

Good god do you how dry the TE market is in FF. There's like 4 maybe 5 guys. Yes Goedert on Dallas is an LEAGUE WINNER. I get it though I won't come in here for at least a month and remind all you Philly fans how bad Philly did Goedert. Still doesn't make it true. What a joke. Trade up to draft a blocking TE. Jfc
A month?  How generous of you.

I think maybe you should ban yourself for more than a month from this thread.  It seems to be causing you a lot of grief. 

Goedert on Dallas isn't a league winner.  He would probably have higher expectations and be drafted higher and be a solid TE that commanded a higher pick on him.  That's not a league winner.

And for the 40th time, you drafted him after he was already an Eagle, when you knew the risks, and you knew he'd be behind Ertz.  That is on you, not on Philly.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Dallas Goedert (calf, questionable) has been upgraded to a game-time decision for Week 3 against the Lions.

Goedert reportedly looked "surprisingly better" at Saturday's practice and thus was upgraded to a game-time call. His presence, even at less than 100 percent, would certainly be helpful without DeSean Jackson (abdominal) and Alshon Jeffery (calf, doubtful) against Detroit's stout defense. Fantasy owners should move forward under the assumption Goedert won't play, presumably making rookie J.J. Arcega-Whiteside an even better play off waiver wires.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 22, 2019, 1:45 AM ET

Dallas Goedert (calf) is active for Week 3 against the Lions.

Goedert had been trending this way after closing out the week with a limited practice on Friday. The second-year tight end will assume his usual role as Zach Ertz's backup, though he could be in for an increased workload in the passing game with DeSean Jackson (abdomen) and Alshon Jeffery (calf) both absent. He's not a particularly compelling streamer.

Sep 22, 2019, 11:35 AM ET

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said TE Dallas Goedert (calf) is expected to play in Week 4 against the Packers.

Goedert dropped his only target (a would-be 26-yard touchdown) against the Lions Sunday but he was transparently limited. Trending towards full health, he'll be more involved with DeSean Jackson (abdomen) likely still out. Alshon Jeffery (calf) is also expected to return this week.

SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter

Sep 24, 2019, 1:02 PM ET

Dallas Goedert caught 2-of-3 targets for 16 yards and a touchdown in the Eagles' Week 4 win over the Packers.

With the receiver-short Eagles featuring "12" personnel, Goedert started the game alongside Zach Ertz. Ertz still out-targeted him 8-3, but it was Goedert who found the end zone, notching a three-yard strike in the second quarter. It was his first score of the season. Breathlessly hyped all summer, Goedert has only 32 yards at the season's quarter pole thanks in part to injury. He will play a valuable real life role — Goedert was throwing big-time blocks this evening — but his fantasy value will be limited for as long as Ertz stays on the field.

Sep 27, 2019, 12:34 AM ET

Eagles TE Dallas Goedert did a Lambeau Leap, and one Packers fan wasn't having it

Nice to see Goedert get the red zone look. Just not sure the Eagles know what they really want to do here?

Ertz/Goedert used in tandem properly could be like Gronk/A Hernandez without the frat house zaniness and the murders.

Nice to see Goedert get the red zone look. Just not sure the Eagles know what they really want to do here?

Ertz/Goedert used in tandem properly could be like Gronk/A Hernandez without the frat house zaniness and the murders.
It's getting there. Goedert hadn't been healthy since week 1. We're starting to see what it's going to be like. I think this is more like Edelman and Gronk. Ertz is the reliable hands guy a lot like Edelman really. Goedert can be the Gronk. This is a tandem that will drive fear into defenses for years to come.

It's getting there. Goedert hadn't been healthy since week 1. We're starting to see what it's going to be like. I think this is more like Edelman and Gronk. Ertz is the reliable hands guy a lot like Edelman really. Goedert can be the Gronk. This is a tandem that will drive fear into defenses for years to come.
This would be great. It would provide him some more immediate relevance obviously. They did a pretty good job in the broadcast Thursday night demonstrating how much better the offense was running with both Ertz and Goedert on the field. 

Dallas Goedert had four catches for 69 yards and a touchdown in Week 7 against the Cowboys.

Goedert high-pointed a fade over Leighten Vander Esch fronm 28 yards out for the Eagles’ only touchdown. He ended up leading the Eagles in receiving, but most of his damage came in the first half. After a slow start, Goedert has 40-plus receiving the last two games.

Oct 20, 2019, 11:46 PM ET

Dallas Goedert caught 3-of-5 targets for 22 yards and one touchdown in the Eagles' Week 8 win over the Bills.

He out-targeted Zach Ertz 5-4 and out-gained him 22-20 while also scoring the lone touchdown from Carson Wentz from five yards out. Goedert has scored in back-to-back games while also really hurting Ertz's production. He'll be a shot-in-the-dark streamer next week against the Bears.

Oct 27, 2019, 5:22 PM ET

Dallas Goedert caught 4-of-5 targets for 39 yards in Philadelphia's Week 9 win over the Bears.

Unlike the past month of the season, Zach Ertz (9/103/1) was featured ahead of Goedert despite facing further defensive attention once DeSean Jackson (abdomen) exited after the team's first drive. This type of performance is still Goedert's floor moving forward as the Eagles continue to lean on a league-high rate of multi-tight end sets. He'll be a low-end TE1 when Philadelphia returns from their bye against the Patriots in Week 11.

Nov 3, 2019, 6:54 PM ET

Love Goedert for a BYE week fill-in. 

Errz had to blow up at some point, but ya gotta love the value for essentially a free WW pickup as compared to 3rd round Ertz. 

What are people thinking down the stretch for Goedert? He played every snap last game. 

Is he a better play than a guy like Jacob Hollister??

Dallas Goedert caught 7-of-8 targets for 32 yards in the Eagles' Week 12 loss to the Seahawks.

The catches and targets were both season-highs for Goedert, but he did little with them and also lost a fumble to sink his fantasy output. Goedert has been a full-time player since early in the year and will be a TE1 next week against the Dolphins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Goedert still a good handcuff to Ertz?  Wentz and the passing offense in general has been poor with Ertz being the only bright spot from a fantasy POV.  Would Goedert pick up the slack if Ertz got hurt?

Is Goedert still a good handcuff to Ertz?  Wentz and the passing offense in general has been poor with Ertz being the only bright spot from a fantasy POV.  Would Goedert pick up the slack if Ertz got hurt?
I would put Goedert in the top 5 tight ends if Ertz is out.  Ertz unexpectedly popped up on the injury report today with a hamstring injury that he did not get in last Sunday's game.  Eriz is listed as questionable for this Sunday against the Dolphins.

Dallas Goedert caught 3-of-6 targets for 41 yards in the Eagles' Week 14 win over the Giants.

Goedert had a big 28-yard catch in overtime, but that was the lone highlight of his night. His six targets tied Boston Scott for third on the team behind Zach Ertz (13) and Greg Ward (9). Goedert remains a solid-if-unspectacular back-end TE1 play headed into Week 15 against the Redskins.

Dec 10, 2019, 12:16 AM ET

Dallas Goedert caught 5-of-6 targets for 55 yards in Week 15 against the Redskins.

Goedert was quiet for most of the game before a highlight one-handed 20-yard catch on the Eagles’ final drive. It helped set up the game-winning touchdown with under a minute remaining. Goedert's six targets were behind Zach Ertz (10) and Greg Ward (9) but his role is on the rise in an injury-depleted Eagles offense. If Nelson Agholor (knee) misses another game, Goedert will be a back-end TE1 for a division matchup against the Cowboys in Week 16.

Dallas Goedert caught 9-of-12 targets for 91 yards and a touchdown in the Eagles' Week 16 win over the Cowboys.

It was a Zach Ertz-ian line, and a new career day for Goedert as he put the Eagles' offense on his back with Ertz battling a rib injury. Goedert himself appeared to tweak something late, but he managed to stay in the ballgame. With seemingly the Eagles' entire skill corps battling injury, Goedert will enter Week 17 locked into major targets against a Giants defense he got for 3/41/0 in Week 14.

Dallas Goedert caught 7-of-8 targets for 73 yards in Philadelphia's Wild Card loss to the Seahawks.

Goedert had numerous 'outs' for production behind Zach Ertz entering the year and all of them seemingly hit as the Eagles leaned on a league-high rate of 12 personnel without DeSean Jackson, Alshon Jeffery, and Nelson Agholor down the stretch. The 25-year-old essentially doubled his target count (87) in only his second year in the league, finishing with career-highs in catches (58), receiving yards (607), and touchdowns (5) as fantasy's overall TE10. If anything, Goedert's strong finish — 8.2 targets per game from Week 12 on — proves he can offer standalone value behind Ertz as a TE1 in 2020. He'll be a serviceable mid-round option in Best-Ball leagues no matter how Philadelphia's contracts shakeout this offseason.

Jan 5, 2020, 10:06 PM ET

Read an article the said the longer they wait to extend Ertz the less likely it becomes reality. We'll see what happens but it seems unlikely they would want to commit 20 million a year to the position. Would Goedert even want to resign with Philly if they signed Ertz is a legitimate question as well. If they sign Goedert to a contract before Ertz what will Ertz want to do. Lots of different scenarios here and it's hard to know what Philly is thinking here. 

I noticed Goedert creeping up some FBG dynasty TE rankings. Two guys have him inside their top 5. He's in my top 3 and I'm praying he ends up with NE. Not sure if they are hearing trade rumors or not. I haven't unfortunately but for them to rank him that high you got to think they are factoring in his situation changing for the better soon. 

If Philly goes 7-9 this year they are blowing up the team imo. Got to think that means Ertz is out. I still wouldn't rule out a Goedert trade but it would seem like that's the wrong TE to trade here. Anyway it's a slow time so I thought I'd mention it.

I noticed Goedert creeping up some FBG dynasty TE rankings. Two guys have him inside their top 5. He's in my top 3 and I'm praying he ends up with NE. Not sure if they are hearing trade rumors or not. I haven't unfortunately but for them to rank him that high you got to think they are factoring in his situation changing for the better soon. 

If Philly goes 7-9 this year they are blowing up the team imo. Got to think that means Ertz is out. I still wouldn't rule out a Goedert trade but it would seem like that's the wrong TE to trade here. Anyway it's a slow time so I thought I'd mention it.
So we're off the whole "useless for 5 years, ruined his career" train?

The offense is definitely geared to be a 2 TE offense w Miles Sanders underneath, and speed on the outside, to hopefully open this all up. Dallas G is just going into year 3 and Ertz still is only 29 years old. I'm thinking this won't open up Dallas to more production until '22 personally. 

But the dude IS a beast. 

Top 5 seems way to rich to me. Hearing nothing on trade rumors, feel like he's as good as paired with Ertz for 2020. They won't need to resign Ertz to pair them together in 2021 either and that that point things will work themselves out since Ertz and Goedert's contracts run out.

I've seen some mixed opinions on Goedert since the draft. Some lower due to adding so many WR's and likelihood of less 12 personnel. I've seen some higher on Goedert since the WR's they added are all mainly speed WR's, not typical high volume WR's, not a lot of them with much size and they'd open up the middle for him and Ertz to eat.

So we're off the whole "useless for 5 years, ruined his career" train?
It certainly hurt his career so not entirely and he's currently still buried this year. So not sure what you're saying. He's so good it looks like the Eagles are going to let a SB hero and fan favorite walk when he's still really good. If Goedert can do that how good would he have been in Dallas. I let you decide that for yourself but pretty sure he would have been the #1 TE in dynasty like I predicted. 

Top 5 seems way to rich to me. Hearing nothing on trade rumors, feel like he's as good as paired with Ertz for 2020. They won't need to resign Ertz to pair them together in 2021 either and that that point things will work themselves out since Ertz and Goedert's contracts run out.

I've seen some mixed opinions on Goedert since the draft. Some lower due to adding so many WR's and likelihood of less 12 personnel. I've seen some higher on Goedert since the WR's they added are all mainly speed WR's, not typical high volume WR's, not a lot of them with much size and they'd open up the middle for him and Ertz to eat.
If they try to pair Goedert/Ertz it's going to cost the Eagles 21+ million a year. I just don't see how they can commit that much to the TE position but maybe they will try a NE approach longterm. 

Would Goedert even resign in Philly if Ertz is extended? Got to think he wants to be the #1 TE on a team as early as he can. 

New England anybody? 

If they try to pair Goedert/Ertz it's going to cost the Eagles 21+ million a year. I just don't see how they can commit that much to the TE position but maybe they will try a NE approach longterm. 

Would Goedert even resign in Philly if Ertz is extended? Got to think he wants to be the #1 TE on a team as early as he can. 

New England anybody? 
I know one thing. Dallas LOVES catching the ball from Carson Wentz. Obviously money a factor, but doesn't seem the type of dude to just take the highest offer out there regardless of situation. And they are both Dakota boys too fwiw (North/South).

Would Goedert even resign in Philly if Ertz is extended?
I don't think they will commit that much money to the position and I don't think they will resign both Goedert and Ertz. But they don't have to do either of those things for two seasons.

Maybe next offseason they will extend one of them and try and trade the other one knowing they only have them another year. That's possible, but to me not the most likely scenario.  My expectation is they have two more seasons together. Anything less would be a welcome surprise, anything longer would be extremely doubtful and surprising to me.

Wentz will be gone next year too if they struggle and go 7-9 this year. 
Wentz will be back if they go 1-15. But I love the 7-9 talk, considering they went 9-7 last year with practice squad guys and all the additions they've made this offseason (both offense & defense).

On topic (and nothing more than my opinion), if the time comes where they need to make a decision at TE I'd expect they move on from Ertz and and make every effort to retain the younger Goedert. 

I don't think they will commit that much money to the position and I don't think they will resign both Goedert and Ertz. But they don't have to do either of those things for two seasons.

Maybe next offseason they will extend one of them and try and trade the other one knowing they only have them another year. That's possible, but to me not the most likely scenario.  My expectation is they have two more seasons together. Anything less would be a welcome surprise, anything longer would be extremely doubtful and surprising to me.
If Philly struggles this year I see a changing of the guard. Out with the old in with the new so to speak.

Philly is generally known around the league as one of the best teams at navigating the salary cap. Goedert will be a lot cheaper if they extend him now then he will be if they extend him next offseason. Most teams don't extend players with 2 years left, I get that, but if he's part of their future plans and they can get him to sign a team friendly deal early I could see it happening. It's more on if Goedert wants to play second fiddle for 2 more years. He will also cost less if they extend him next offseason as opposed to waiting until after the 2021 season but then they risk Goedert being unhappy and playing hard ball. If they wait until he hits FA why wouldn't he go to the highest bidder? In the NFL it's really in the players best interest to chase the money.

Goedert seems like a team player and hasn't said anything publicly but that doesn't mean he hasn't spoken to the team FO/coaching staff in private. Total speculation on my part but great players not getting lots of playing time because of other great players playing in front of them can frustrate some players. It has happened a ton. 

With them not being able to resign Ertz last season or in the offseason it seems like maybe the writing is on the wall. I heard they were trying but the deal hasn't gotten done and Philly has pulled back.......

Wentz will be back if they go 1-15. But I love the 7-9 talk, considering they went 9-7 last year with practice squad guys and all the additions they've made this offseason (both offense & defense).

On topic (and nothing more than my opinion), if the time comes where they need to make a decision at TE I'd expect they move on from Ertz and and make every effort to retain the younger Goedert. 
Ya the talk of Wentz being gone if they go 7-9 is hilarious.  But hey, at least the guy goes all in on his predictions and refuses to adjust them.

I never realized Milkman was a Cowboys fan.  NOW it all makes sense.  
No but I've been a Goedert fan from the beginning. If he was a Cowboy he'd be the #1 TE to own in dynasty. Some people have him top 5 as a part time player. Can you imagine him last year as the starting TE for Dallas in that offense? 

Ruined his career might be hyperbolic but it certainly hurt. He's just sooo good he's making Philly tell Ertz to hit the road. 

Oh yeah, any takes that seem to "wish" Carson Wentz out of an Eagles uniform, usually a Cowboys fan for sure. 
Wish? No. See a scenario where they move on from him? Yes. He's always been a bit overrated and it's no secret most of the team dislikes him. 

Wish? No. See a scenario where they move on from him? Yes. He's always been a bit overrated and it's no secret most of the team dislikes him. 
Read where I typed "seem to 'wish'" even put it in quotes for ya buddy. Guy goes 4k 27/7 w bums at WR, beats your team w said bums w the season on the line and is still overrated.

Yep. A Cowboys Fan indeed. Enjoy the season my friend. 

No but I've been a Goedert fan from the beginning. If he was a Cowboy he'd be the #1 TE to own in dynasty. Some people have him top 5 as a part time player. Can you imagine him last year as the starting TE for Dallas in that offense? 

Ruined his career might be hyperbolic but it certainly hurt. He's just sooo good he's making Philly tell Ertz to hit the road. 
Didn't mean specific to Goedert, just....in general lol.

New England anybody? 
For a team’s primary pass catchers, that’s fairly cheap. They just happen to play TE

For a team’s primary pass catchers, that’s fairly cheap. They just happen to play TE
That's a good point. They could take the NE approach. Got to think Goedert turns into option 1A and Ertz 1B sooner rather than later though.....

menobrown said:

Good point about less 12 personnel. Got to think their base offense will be 11 personnel with Ertz/Alshon/Reagor/DJax-Goodwin. Goedert might see quite a drop in snaps.

Anyway, as a Wentz owner, I’m just glad they got him some more weapons.

Good point about less 12 personnel. Got to think their base offense will be 11 personnel with Ertz/Alshon/Reagor/DJax-Goodwin. Goedert might see quite a drop in snaps.

Anyway, as a Wentz owner, I’m just glad they got him some more weapons.
There will be just as much if not MORE 12 personnel this season. They added all these speed guys to open that area up, as it has been severely compacted the last 2 years with the single speed option we had each season get hurt the first game (Mike Wallace '18, Desean '19). Goodwin is nothing more than a guy to do that. I expect them to rotate Goodwin in a lot, bc he is a vet and not one of the 3 rookie speed WR's we drafted, but as far as DG value/production - I'd expect about the same as last year, hedging for a slight uptick. 

Users who are viewing this thread