What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gurley Trade, 1.1 trade (1 Viewer)

Ratbone

Footballguy
Which side on these two trades? 12 team- ppr Dynasty

Team 1 gives- Gurley, Ty williams, Cameron Brate, 2019 2nd.

Team 2 gives- 2018- 1.2, 1.4 and 2019 1st (Top 4)

Team A gives- 2018- 1.1, Cameron Brate, Ty Williams, 2019 2nd

Team B gives- 2018- 1.4, 1.9, 1.10 and 2019 1st (top 4)

With the first trade whomever ends up with Gurley is the winner. The picks are lottery tickets that will probably be playing on bad teams. Although having two high 1st rounders does increase your odds of hitting but will they be an upgrade over Gurley?---Probably not. The other players are just throw ins.

The second scenario is more interesting. In this case I think the odds of winning with 1,01 (Barkley) are still better than the players you'll get with the other picks but again based on volume of 1st round picks you would have a decent chance of hitting with one of those picks. If you look at what Team A is giving up, Barkley, Brate and Williams you could make the case that you'll still get a high RB and a better WR than Williams with another spot for another lottery ticket RB/WR or QB. If you like the rookie draft class I'd could see taking the B side.  

A lot depends on team needs and what depth you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think both trades are pretty fair andbit would depend on my roster and starting requirements to pick which side I want. I would also be careful about assuming what that 2019 pick is going to be, we aren't in season yet and a lot can happen. 

Edit: actually looking at that Gurley trade it is a little light for Gurley. If the 1.10 that is thrown in the Gurley trade it would be close. 

I go with Team 1 and then Team A. It's not even really that close for me either.

Team 1/2 trade: Gurley is a stud, and after the end of last season, I'm not really sure how you could want to shop him for anything less than a bonafide stud prospect. There's only one bonafide stud in this draft class, and he won't be there at 1.02.

Team A/B trade: Similar to the logic behind the previous trade. Barkley is probably the best fantasy prospect to come out of a rookie draft since, well I can't really remember. He's the most sure thing you could possibly get in a rookie, more so than Zeke or Gurley were. I'm of the opinion that if you have the opportunity to obtain this player, you don't mess with that.

Gurley and the 1.01 are the easy choices in those two deals.  Everything else is trade fodder.

Users who are viewing this thread