What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LGBT, LGBTQ, LGBT+ Thread (2 Viewers)

No, it isn't that this minority group doesn't want to be labeled, it is that they (like all minorities) want a label of their own choosing.
if LGBTS are a "minority group" ........... than do you agree skin heads and white supremacists are a minority groups too ?>

if LGBTS are a "minority group" ........... than do you agree skin heads and white supremacists are a minority groups too ?>
I mostly leave you alone since you take enough heat around here and dont engage in name calling back, but this is just a nonsense question. Please don't try to equate this. Please. 

I mostly leave you alone since you take enough heat around here and dont engage in name calling back, but this is just a nonsense question. Please don't try to equate this. Please. 
we are all minority groups if the choices we make put us way outside what day by day society goes by

the equating comes in when people make choices and then say because those choices are not social norms they're discriminated against and are a "minority" group due to those choices

bottom line - lets go to the everyone gets treated equal and fair and the same and go with that ........... nobody gets treated special, nobody

deal ?

Sorry, but I can't intelligently respond to such an absurd analogy and lame attempt at fishing.
who's to say all the people you don't agree with were not born that way squistion ?

you cannot prove I wasn't born the way I am, the way I feel about things and such

because of that, EVERYONE is in their own little way a minority

of course its not as easy to finger as skin color, sex, height or weight etc ............. but if we're going to paint a society as being born with inherent traits, born to be this way or that with with choice unavailable to us, then that's applicable to EVERYONE

not just those who have things you agree with in their make up

we are all minority groups if the choices we make put us way outside what day by day society goes by

the equating comes in when people make choices and then say because those choices are not social norms they're discriminated against and are a "minority" group due to those choices

bottom line - lets go to the everyone gets treated equal and fair and the same and go with that ........... nobody gets treated special, nobody

deal ?
I don't believe you actually want that, but maybe you do. If we try and keep it relevant to this thread, there wouldn't be mens and womens bathrooms anymore. There would just be bathrooms. I wouldnt have guessed you would advocate for that, but perhaps I am incorrect. 

I don't believe you actually want that, but maybe you do. If we try and keep it relevant to this thread, there wouldn't be mens and womens bathrooms anymore. There would just be bathrooms. I wouldnt have guessed you would advocate for that, but perhaps I am incorrect
I'm 100% in favor of just bathrooms - one with locks for everyone's privacy and safety

I've had a lot of discussions on it and that's the conclusion I've come to, who'd going to pay for all the conversions etc is another story, and nobody and I mean NOBODY can ever complain about it in the future if it happens. Longer lines, toilet seats left up, women wont' be happy using bathrooms men have used but it would be fair and equal to everyone

I actually DO want fair and equal

I want my kids to be gauged on who they are, what their accomplishments are ..... I don't want their gender and skin color to be held against them or their southern accent

Brian Krassenstein‏ @krassenstein 21h21 hours ago

Mike Pence says that Cohen selling access to Trump is ‘a private matter’.

But... 2 men getting married because they love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together isn't 'a private matter'...

:(

LGBT students were pelted with food, called anti-gay slurs and required to read the Bible as punishment in one Oregon high school. And school officials did not stop it, a report says.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/us/oregon-school-lgbt-students-bible.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

The El Salvador Gang That Kills Its Gay Members

A double homicide inside a juvenile detention center uncovered an unwritten rule within El Salvador’s MS13 gang: under no circumstances are members allowed to be homosexual.

The sound of a bed sheet being ripped into pieces can be heard against the silence of the night. “The Claw” and “Smoker” are careful not to alert the guards by making too much noise. “The Weekend” of the Fulton clique, “The Little Crazy” of Park View and “The Clown” of Projects accompany them. The five MS13 gang members are preparing to kill two of their brothers at the Center for Reintegration of Minors in the municipality of Tonacatepeque.

The teenagers quickly stash the pieces of sheet between the bunks where the other youths sleep and then go to look for their victims’ beds. It’s almost midnight. The gang members know what they have to do

Two gang members, aged 16 and 17, are sleeping on the top of a bunk. Finding them sleeping together further entices the killers’ desire to murder them. Their fates have been sealed for some time. The two gang members are homosexual and therefore their deaths are inevitable.

Mara Salvatrucha’s cells are known as cliques. Each clique has a degree of independence, but always has to answer to higher cells, called “Programs,” which in turn answer to “La Ranfla.” Each clique has its own rules, but many of them are similar. Some, in fact, are exactly the same: “do not kill homeboys’ family members;” “do not rape homeboys’ relatives;” and “do not cooperate with the police.” Each rule has its own punishment for those that don’t obey, which could be anything from a beating to death.

There are also rules which, although they are not written down, are nonetheless enforced by all the cliques. One of these rules is that it is forbidden to be gay. Under no circumstances is any gang member allowed to be homosexual.

The El Salvador Gang That Kills Its Gay Members

A double homicide inside a juvenile detention center uncovered an unwritten rule within El Salvador’s MS13 gang: under no circumstances are members allowed to be homosexual.

The sound of a bed sheet being ripped into pieces can be heard against the silence of the night. “The Claw” and “Smoker” are careful not to alert the guards by making too much noise. “The Weekend” of the Fulton clique, “The Little Crazy” of Park View and “The Clown” of Projects accompany them. The five MS13 gang members are preparing to kill two of their brothers at the Center for Reintegration of Minors in the municipality of Tonacatepeque.

The teenagers quickly stash the pieces of sheet between the bunks where the other youths sleep and then go to look for their victims’ beds. It’s almost midnight. The gang members know what they have to do

Two gang members, aged 16 and 17, are sleeping on the top of a bunk. Finding them sleeping together further entices the killers’ desire to murder them. Their fates have been sealed for some time. The two gang members are homosexual and therefore their deaths are inevitable.

Mara Salvatrucha’s cells are known as cliques. Each clique has a degree of independence, but always has to answer to higher cells, called “Programs,” which in turn answer to “La Ranfla.” Each clique has its own rules, but many of them are similar. Some, in fact, are exactly the same: “do not kill homeboys’ family members;” “do not rape homeboys’ relatives;” and “do not cooperate with the police.” Each rule has its own punishment for those that don’t obey, which could be anything from a beating to death.

There are also rules which, although they are not written down, are nonetheless enforced by all the cliques. One of these rules is that it is forbidden to be gay. Under no circumstances is any gang member allowed to be homosexual.
Yes, MS13 is full of horrible human beings. Is that news to anyone?

Jeremy Corbyn‏Verified account @jeremycorbyn 6h6 hours ago

Today is International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia. A day to recognize the progress made in the struggle for LGBT+ equality and recommit ourselves to working with the LGBT+ community to fight for full equality here in the UK and around the world. #IDAHOTB

Do they really need rules to tell them to not kill or rape their own members families?  Like without the rules they might go to a members house for Thanksgiving and after the meal rape their buddy's Mom and kill their buddy's Dad and sister.

Perhaps, and I sincerely hope, this Popes views, comments and understanding filter down to everyone who places their faith in Christianity. 

Of course..if you know any realtors they do not want to lose potential sales...they would sell home to Hitler if he was alive.
:lmao:

"This house has a wonderful unfinished basement that could easily be converted into that gas chamber you are looking for"

squistion said:
Texas Tribune‏ @TexasTribune May 25

This two-time teacher of the year was placed on leave following complaints from a parent that she was “promoting the ‘homosexual agenda’” by showing her class a photo of her and her now-wife.

Here's that photo.

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1000046840421781504
Yep. I bet thats the whole story. 100% definitely just showed one photo and bam leave. 

The school says there is a bit more to it...

The statement said Bailey was not suspended over her request to include LGBTQ language in the district’s nondiscrimation policy, but rather due to the district’s concern that Bailey “insists that it is her right and that it is age appropriate for her to have ongoing discussions with elementary-aged students about her own sexual orientation, the sexual orientation of artists, and their relationships with other gay artists.”

In the statement the district contended that “parents have the right to control the conversation with their children, especially as it relates to religion, politics, sex/sexual orientation, etc.”

The statement later says that MISD administrators met with Bailey more than once after receiving complaints from parents but that “Ms. Bailey refused to follow administration’s directions regarding age-appropriate conversation with students.”

. This news piece actually shows a different photo. 

My guess is this teacher was probably suspended with pay because several parents had complained after having their kids ask a lot of questions about being gay. Now you and I probably both agree that kids asking these questions shouldn't be considered a big deal. Parents should just answer them and move on. The school likely overreacted and they probably know they are in the wrong at least somewhat, which is why she is on paid leave for almost a whole year and why they renewed her contract.  

That's all the research I care to do on this subject, but it is enough to know that this was not as simple as gay teacher shows one photo, one parent complains, and bam thats it two time teacher of the year, suspended. 

The statement said Bailey was not suspended over her request to include LGBTQ language in the district’s nondiscrimation policy, but rather due to the district’s concern that Bailey “insists that it is her right and that it is age appropriate for her to have ongoing discussions with elementary-aged students about her own sexual orientation, the sexual orientation of artists, and their relationships with other gay artists.”

In the statement the district contended that “parents have the right to control the conversation with their children, especially as it relates to religion, politics, sex/sexual orientation, etc.”

The statement later says that MISD administrators met with Bailey more than once after receiving complaints from parents but that “Ms. Bailey refused to follow administration’s directions regarding age-appropriate conversation with students.”
I thought this was a ridiculous firing but after reading this it gives me second thoughts 

Those are the exact things I said. She said she has a wife, she talked about Jasper Johns and his gay partner. 

That’s what the district said in that quote, too.  

I kind of assumed they’d come up with something better.  Looks like she’s right. 

Last edited by a moderator:
An openly gay student wasn’t allowed to give the valedictory speech at his graduation.

His school's diocese said the speech was "inconsistent with the teaching of the Catholic Church."

So he delivered the speech after the ceremony with a megaphone.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/holy-cross-valedictorian-denied-right-to-speak-at-graduation-1242874435812?v=a

. The Diocese of Covington found that the speech contained "elements that were political and inconsistent with the teaching of the Catholic Church." Bales is openly gay and doesn't know if that played any role in the decision to not have him speak at graduation.
Bales doesn’t know but squistion knows for sure

Last edited by a moderator:
Puleeze.

Is homosexuality consistent with the teaching of the Catholic Church?

Why else would the class valedictorian who is openly gay be not allowed to speak.
Pope Francis told a gay man, "You know Juan Carlos, that does not matter. God made you like this. God loves you like this. The Pope loves you like this and you should love yourself."

Puleeze.

Is homosexuality consistent with the teaching of the Catholic Church?

Why else would the class valedictorian who is openly gay be not allowed to speak.
Why is homosexuality oppression exempt from reporting when Islam is involved?

I find myself contemplating at what age, or grade in school, is it appropriate for acknowledgement that there are gay folks in this world.  I am going to say no younger than preschool.

Now dwelling on the subject, or advocacy for that group or groups, that can and should wait until later in my view.  These are post Cat in the Hat years, post Winnie the Pooh years discussions or subjects.  These are more Outsiders, Catcher in the Rye, Lord of the Flies, Of Mice and Men years matters, in my estimation. 

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 4m4 minutes ago

It's Pride Month once again. Last year, the White House did not release a presidential proclamation marking Pride Month at any time during the month of June. It’ll be interesting to see if that holds for a second year.

Users who are viewing this thread