What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.01 rookie dynasty owners, what are you being offered? What are you selling for? (1 Viewer)

squistion

Footballguy
I own the 1.01 rookie pick in three leagues and the offers I have been getting are borderline insulting, like Jarvis Landry and a 2019 random 2nd, or this gem I got today:

XXXXX will give
Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.12
Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.12

Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick from XXXXX
Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick from XXXXX

To Hurt Locker for
Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.01

Last edited by a moderator:
I was feeling about in a PPR dynasty league and decided to really test the situation, and offered Mike Evans + 1.04.

He didn't even budge. TBH, there was zero chance I was gonna actually buy at that price, but since we're a group of 10 dudes for nearly 20yrs+ of league play, I put it out there.

After I acquired the 1.01 for 1.04, 1.07, 1.10, I got offered AB/2nd right away pretty much.  

My other league I hold the 1.01 I haven't gotten a single offer

I have been offered Leveon Bell and a bunch of crap for 1.01 and Dalvin Cook. No.

Also offered Melvin Gordon and Evan Engram for 1.01 and Alex Collins. I said No although that was a reasonable offer.

Some guy in a league of mine told me he's moved Zeke for Barkley in two leagues I'd consider moving Bell or DJ for him, but not Zeke. What do you guys think?

Some guy in a league of mine told me he's moved Zeke for Barkley in two leagues I'd consider moving Bell or DJ for him, but not Zeke. What do you guys think?
I gave DJ for 1.01 and 2.01.

It made me sad, but I like getting 5 years younger..

Haven't even had a sniff in the two leagues I have it in.  Would love to trade it for 1.02 and a haul.
What would be a reasonable haul that you would accept? You seem lower on Barkley than most. I sort of agree - I mean, how much better is he really going to be than any of the other top RB’s that land in a good spot.

I’m curious what the least type of offer you would take for him is. 

I wouldn't move Zeke for Barkley. Zeke is proven. Barkley isn't at this point. I get the temptation but I think we should get a better picture after the actual draft on some of these guys values. Still think Barkleys career is over before it starts if he goes to the Browns. I know they did a lot this offseason but Taylor is more of a lateral move IMHO. Won't win you games himself but he can lose you some and keep you in games. If Barkley goes to NYG He could have success but Big Blue needs to find some Big boys and a QB up front as well. I think Zeke's career will also be better then Barkley's IMHO. 

What would be a reasonable haul that you would accept? You seem lower on Barkley than most. I sort of agree - I mean, how much better is he really going to be than any of the other top RB’s that land in a good spot.

I'm lower on Barkley too than others. Maybe it's more I live in very pro PSU terrortiroy and many PSU fans are putting this guy in Canton before his career starts. I also have a very homer PSU buddy as well. Don't get me wrong I don't think Barkley will bust. I think he's got some nice combo skills but I saw a lot of games he struggled against weaker teams he should've flat out dominated. Plus the PSU offense for the last year was fairly one dimensional so I think his numbers are a bit inflated his last year. Even PSU fans agreed with me key to stopping PSU last year was to slow down Barkley. In the games they lost Barkley wasn't much of a factor or impact. That OSU game though they just gave away however and Franklin and the staff took Barkley from being an impact themselves. I guess I'm just sick and tired of hearing about this guy. For yrs I heard how Hackenburg was gonna dominate college and the NFL among other players only for them to bust. PSU fans act like Gesiciki is the next Gronk. Dude had a lot of consistency problems especially with Easy catches. And his blocking ability? Well you could put a turnstile on the field in his place and get the same results. I just want the draft to happen already. I think SF would be the best move for Barkley though or a team. 

Disclaimer:  This is a devy league and Barkley is already rostered (by me).  Top players that can be drafted are Michel, Penny, K Johnson, D J Moore, J K Dobbins (devy), A J Brown (devy), Jonathan Taylor (devy), Bryce Love (devy), Damien Harris (devy), Bryan Edwards (devy), Jacobs (devy), and Swift (devy). I won this league this past season.

Was offered a 2019 1st and 2nd for the 1.01.   Then he offered 2 future 1st rd picks for the 1.01 and he also wanted a 2019 2nd and 3rd from me. Even with some of the top guys from this draft already on rosters, because it is a devy league, there are several stud devy players available + Michel, who is worth more than two future 1st rd picks IMO.  Even if Michel lands in a bad spot I would rather have A J Brown or Dobbins over 2 future 1sts.  To me that gives a lot of leverage for the 1.01, even in devy leagues where some of the top 2018 draft picks are already on a roster.  I think it is important to mention in this thread the importance of the 1.01 in devy leagues, not just standard dynasty leagues.

Offered drake and kelly/ perine along with the 1.7 1.10 and my 2019 1st for the 1.1. Offer was rejected with no counter.

Offered drake and kelly/ perine along with the 1.7 1.10 and my 2019 1st for the 1.1. Offer was rejected with no counter.
I guess you have to ask yourself would you take that for Zeke, because that's the equivalent of what we're talking about here (without his baggage) IMO.

In one of my 12 team PPR dynasty league the 1.01 pick was recently traded for Engram, 1.08, 1.09, 2.08, and 2019 1st (probably somewhere in 1.05 - 1.09 range).

20 team league, deep rosters IDP

Traded the 1.05, 1.09 and 1.10 for it in one league

Offered the 1.08, 1.10, 1.18 and 1.20 in another and was rejected. 

I'm not doing reasonable yet, I'm just dreaming of snap accept type offers right now.  Reasonable is for draft day haha.  And of note is that the only trade down I'm doing is to 1.02.  I stuck with my gut with Gurley and it paid out, I'm sticking with it here too.  It would be 0% of a surprise to me if Guice is the better NFL RB.  And that's not about being low on Barkley.

I have 1.02 in three leagues and haven't made a single offer to move up from it so I haven't really seriously thought about how much more I value 1.01, I've just seen a ton of the comments or actual trades and thought "wow".

Would you have said that after the 2016 season?  Funny how one season can change things.
yes, I would have (tho, no, because one could have gotten him for much less - tbh, I tried, owner wasnt selling no matter what in my league). 

Gurley is the absolute best college RB prospect Ive seen in I dont even know how long. 

If I held 1.01 Id be offering that in a HEARTBEAT to get Gurley, and stupidly enough, they'd probably do it.

yes, I would have. 

Gurley is the absolute best college RB prospect Ive seen in I dont even know how long. 

If I held 1.01 Id be offering that in a HEARTBEAT to get Gurley, and stupidly enough, they'd probably do it.
Check back with me this time next year.

Belongs in worst offer thread.  Not for the offer alone, but the circumstances of the offer coming after you made that other deal.   Well, it's also a pretty bad offer I guess.  
Haha, I put it in there and pretty much said the same thing that with the circumstances it definitely belongs without them its borderline.

I gave Hunt and Cooks in one league back in January. Trying to get him in another, I'd give DJ but that's not what the owner wants. So maybe multiple firsts including 1.04, but we'll see.

I haven't gotten any serious offers.  The best I've received is 1.02, Hilton, 2.02.  I've received a bunch of garbage as well, like 1.04, 2.04.

A guy who has never played an NFL snap is better than an absolute freak that dominated the NFL and is the undoubted best RB by a good margin? 

The joy of this game is it takes all kinds... But if someone offered me Gurley for 1.01, Id accept and send them a fruit basket to accompany it.

A guy who has never played an NFL snap is better than an absolute freak that dominated the NFL and is the undoubted best RB by a good margin? 

The joy of this game is it takes all kinds... But if someone offered me Gurley for 1.01, Id accept and send them a fruit basket to accompany it.
I was waiting on that one.  Sometimes you have to understand there are outliers and this is one of those times.  Now I'm not sure I would trade Gurley straight up for Barkley, but we're not talking straight up in my mind.  

Some of the offers/trades I have seen for Barkley are too much even if he scores 300 PPR points every year for the next 7 years.

I was waiting on that one.  Sometimes you have to understand there are outliers and this is one of those times.
I have no issue trading for a guy who has never played an NFL snap. But not when it's over the best player already in the position by a good margin.

Users who are viewing this thread