What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My (Your) Dynasty Advice this Offseason.... (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
Name a single player that you think others should be targetting in Dynasty leagues this offseason, who can likely be had on the "cheap"

For me - Tarik Cohen

New coaching staff has thrown around the name "Darren Sproles" when describing him as well as "a human joystick"... With new coaching staff in palce, and most importantly, a new OC, I think Cohen could have a breakout year.

Last season, this poor cat had I think 3 HUGE tds called back on stupid penalties, and was totally underutilized, to the anger of Bears fans. PPR stud, and could likely be had for a mere 2nd round pick.

What say you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Soulfly3 said:
Name a single player that you think others should be targetting in Dynasty leagues this offseason, who can likely be had on the "cheap"

For me - Tarik Cohen

New coaching staff has thrown around the name "Darren Sproles" when describing him as well as "a human joystick"... With new coaching staff in palce, and most importantly, a new OC, I think Cohen could have a breakout year.

Last season, this poor cat had I think 3 HUGE tds called back on stupid penalties, and was totally underutilized, to the anger of Bears fans. PPR stud, and could likely be had for a mere 2nd round pick.

What say you?
I like him, but I don’t see him being more than a niche RB.

George Kittle

Big fan of this guy. Think he becomes Jimmy G’s safety blanket and puts up borderline TE1 numbers.

I've got a few that I like, relative to their ADP:

Corey Coleman (WR 55, ADP-146) on Fantasy Pros- In a 12 team league, this puts Coleman as a WR5. With Tyrod at QB, the wholly unreliable Josh Gordon on the other side, and full health, I like Coleman to return value in the WR3 category. He has flashed elite playmaking ability and has a legit QB throwing to him. I think he leads the Browns in targets and finishes in the top 35 overall WR.

Trey Burton (TE 19, ADP 157 on Fantasy Pros)- Could flirt with TE1 status. Chicago brought him in and paid him well, suggesting his usage and targets will be high. Throw in a high level of athleticism and you have the perfect guy to draft as your TE2 with a clear path to TE1 value.

Terrelle Pryor- (WR 66, ADP 185 on Fantasy Pros)- Complete bust in Washington but has 1000 yard pedigree and should get plenty of targets.

Breshad Perriman (WR 110, ADP 260 on Fantasy Pros)- Still just 25. Should be taken within the top 70 WR my opinion based on upside only. If he flops again in Batlimore, a fresh start could be exactly what he needs. I still believe in his talent.

My strategy, at least looking at the early rankings, will be to take RBs early and gamble later on WR. If these values hold, I expect to have all of the above players on my roster this summer. As for the WR, I feel very confident that between Coleman, Pryor, and Perriman that one will return at least WR3 value that I can get after round 12. 

Mahomes, Reek Hill, Mixon, Corey Davis, Amari Cooper and Hunter Henry make up some of my major buy targets this offseason in hopes owners were disappointed with their season last year(Mixon, Davis, Cooper, HH) or just don't fully understand what they are potentially sitting on(Mahomes/Hill).

jake butt -

mackay award winner.

1 year already on the team run first, defensive team.

coming in strong with no one ahead of him on depth chart.

new qb who will need a security blanket.

can be had for next to nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread