What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blackjacks Mock Draft 4-2-2018 (1 Viewer)

twood

Footballguy
1 Cle picks Josh Allen QB

2 NYG Saquon Barkley RB

3 NYJ Josh Rosen QB

4 BUFF trades both #1's to Cle and picks Sam Darnold QB

5 Denver Denzel Ward CB

6 ARIZONA trades 15 47 and next years #3 to Indy and picks Baker Mayfield QB

7 TB picks Bradley Chubb DE

8 Chicago picks Quinton Nelson G

9 SF picks Derwin James S

10 Oakland picks Roquan Smith LB

11 Miami picks Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/S

12 Cle (from Buffalo) picks Mike McGlinchey OT

13 Washington picks Tremaine Edmunds LB

14 GB picks Calvin Ridley WR

15 Indy picks Vita Vea DT

16 Baltimore picks Harold Landry LB (EDGE)

17 SD picks Tavern Bryan DT

18 Seattle picks Darrius Guice RB

19 Dallas picks Rashaan Evans LB

20 Detroit picks Marcus Davenport DE

21 Cincinnati picks Isiah Wynn G

22 Cleveland (from Buffalo) picks Michael Hughes CB

23 STL Rams pick Leighton Vander Esch ILB

24 Carolina picks Hayden Hurst TE

25 Tennessee picks Justin Reid S

26 Atl picks Jaire Alexander CB

27 New Orleans pick Conner Williams OT/G

28 Pittsburgh pick Lorenzo Carter OLB

29 Jacksonville Mike Gesicki TE

30 Minnesota picks Will Hernandez G

31 WASH trades the 44 and 3rd round pick in 2019 and pick Lamar Jackson QB

32  Philly selects Josh Jackson CB

I don't think Colts move down from #6 unless it's a great trade and the one you proposed isn't enough IMO. Chubb to the Colts.

Carter at 28 is definitely high. He could be there in the mid-late second. I'd rather they trade back with Wash and take him at 44 if they REALLY want him.

I don't think Colts move down from #6 unless it's a great trade and the one you proposed isn't enough IMO. Chubb to the Colts.
this

If the Giants stay at 2 I don't see how they don't take a QB.
also this

also, Id like to hear your reasoning for the Washington trade and pick, ive not seen or heard that move mocked anywhere or heard any rumblings. Its interesting

Chiming in as a Raider fan.

I can't see how, with both Fitzpatrick and Edmunds there, they wouldn't go with one of those options instead of Roquan Smith. I've seen the argument where Smith is more polished and thus provides a smoother entry to start right away, but with so much hype (and deservedly so) around Edmunds in terms of his freak size/skill, would be surprised to see NFL boards having Smith higher.

I don't think either Fitzpatrick or Edmunds is there for us at #10 -- possible they will slide, but I can't see that happening for both, and if they do, can't see either of them getting past the 49ers at #9.

So while I'd love the choice between Fitzpatrick and Edmunds, the way I see all these mocks falling is that it's Smith who is most consistently there for us, and I bet that's who we end up with regardless.

TE is an interesting option for many teams at the end of the first.  Like you having 2 go.

Agree with others that these trades to move up are too cheap.

Getting Vea to clog the interior with your 1st pick wouldn't interest you?

And then 4 #2's (5 picks in the top 50) to help the oline and defense

I am sorry if you are a Colts fan but 1 guy isn't going to make you a contender.

As a Browns fan, I absolutely loathe you.
Sorry brother!

I think Allen is going #1 and if Barkley is gone, I think they would be smart to trade back.

Image all those later picks after rd 1 and already you have addressed your future Qb, your LT and your CB position.

I get it you want Barkley but without taking him #1 overall, you will have to sweat it out (and he isn't going #1 overall)

It's definitely a hard year to mock, especially because it seems like a half dozen more trades could happen in the first round. That said, the trades for 4 and 6 are both way too light based on recent years' trades. The Bills will probably have to give up both firsts plus other picks since there will be competing bids for #4.  There's a general consensus that there is a top 4 tier of QBs this year.

The trade with Indy is closer, but it would probably take another 1st to move up that far.

If the Giants stay at 2 I don't see how they don't take a QB.
I think the NYG are in a win mode now and I think Barkley could extend Eli for another 3-4 years.

The NYG have addressed the rb position at all this season (they singed J-Stew) after having an awful running attack last year.

I think they have their reasons why

Carter at 28 is definitely high. He could be there in the mid-late second. I'd rather they trade back with Wash and take him at 44 if they REALLY want him.
I think there are a lot of prospects every year that go late 1st that are projected mid 2nd.

I see this as a good fit

27 New Orleans pick Conner Williams OT/G
Seems unlikely. They have like Armstead/Ramcyck on the outside. Warford signed a big contract last year. If they did choose Williams then it would be throwing in the towel on Peat. Peat has been moved around the line a lot but still a ton of potential there. I'm not sure they're ready to give up on him. Overall, the O-line held up pretty well for Brees and the running game. 

Payton has said they're big needs are interior d-line and WRs. 

this

also this

also, Id like to hear your reasoning for the Washington trade and pick, ive not seen or heard that move mocked anywhere or heard any rumblings. Its interesting
I addressed the 1st 2 already.

As for the Wash pick.

The offense has NO IDENTITY and Lamar Jackson brings an excitement to the field they need.

Look at their division

Cowboys Dak and Zeke, Philly just coming off a Superbowl and the NYF with (in this mock) Barkley.

Washington remembers the buzz in the town with RG3 and they try to mimic it with Jackson.

Plus, isn't it close to a guarantee that wherever Alex Smith goes, they draft a rookie qb in the 1st or 2nd rd? LOL

Browns are not trading 4 for 12/22 if they do they need shot.
If Barkley isn't there I think they should. They could address their LT and CB position in the 1st round and then built depth after.

sho nuff said:
There is zero chance GB takes Ridley or any WR at that spot.
So what is the best part of the Packers team????

Easy, Aaron Rodgers.

And you are going into this year without a 1000 yd wr on your team and who exactly as your #2 wr.

I get it that the Packers don't draft wrs high.

Well, the cut Jordy, signed a big priced te and and aging DT......there is a new sheriff and town and this sheriff wants to man his best weapon with a lot of options.

saintfool said:
Seems unlikely. They have like Armstead/Ramcyck on the outside. Warford signed a big contract last year. If they did choose Williams then it would be throwing in the towel on Peat. Peat has been moved around the line a lot but still a ton of potential there. I'm not sure they're ready to give up on him. Overall, the O-line held up pretty well for Brees and the running game. 

Payton has said they're big needs are interior d-line and WRs. 
So do you always believe a coach when he says what player they are going to draft?

This teams strength in their oline and this pick gives them options since he can play guard or outside.

If Peat doesn't work out this year, you can cut him or trade him heading into next

As Brees gets older, they will invest more in the OL

So do you always believe a coach when he says what player they are going to draft?

This teams strength in their oline and this pick gives them options since he can play guard or outside.

If Peat doesn't work out this year, you can cut him or trade him heading into next

As Brees gets older, they will invest more in the OL
They have Ted Ginn and Michael Thomas listed as starting WRs and nothing else beyond them. They got an amazing season from Cam Jordan but no one else along the line can consistently generate a pass rush. I'm not simply believing Payton but rather stating the obvious. These are need positions, pure and simple. Thanks for listening. 

Don’t like James to the Niners, we are three deep there. If you want to go S, Fitz is a better fit since he can play slot our outside.  Edmunds fills the need for outside rush backer and really think he will be the pick.

Don’t like James to the Niners, we are three deep there. If you want to go S, Fitz is a better fit since he can play slot our outside.  Edmunds fills the need for outside rush backer and really think he will be the pick.
Sherman and James would be a scary combo for the future (and that is "if" Sherman is his old-self after the Achilles injury). Not saying the starters last year weren't good and couldn't be a nickel guy this year. James is a stud

They have Ted Ginn and Michael Thomas listed as starting WRs and nothing else beyond them. They got an amazing season from Cam Jordan but no one else along the line can consistently generate a pass rush. I'm not simply believing Payton but rather stating the obvious. These are need positions, pure and simple. Thanks for listening. 
And now the Saints have Cameron Meridith.

And now the Saints have Cameron Meridith.
Correct. They also picked up the 5th year option for OG Andrus Peat last week too.

they have the luxury of drafting BPA maybe. i still think DE is the obvious choice but TE could be considered at where they're drafting.

Can't see the Broncos passing on both Chubb and Nelson if available at #5...O-line and pass rush are bigger needs and both are players than Ward

I keep thinking that the Giants will extort a pick or two out of the Jets and let them get up to 2 to take Rosen.  Giants move down to 3 and still take Barkley.  It happens fairly often. San Fran did it last year with Turbisky and Vikings did it several years ago when the Browns wanted Trent Richardson at all costs. 

Users who are viewing this thread