What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Consensus Mock Draft Pick 1.9 - 49ers (1 Viewer)

The next 49er is:

• Derwin James

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Vita Vea

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Tremaine Edmunds

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • Raqoun Smith

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Denzel Ward

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Marcus Davenport

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Darius Guice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orlando Brown

• Mike McGlichy

• Mike Hughes

• Calvin Ridley

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Tom Rathman

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters

Sebowski

Footballguy
Bears fans rejoice is Nelson falls into their lap at 1.8

Who's next? 9ers on the clock. 

1.1 Sam Darnold (66% of the votes / 33 votes)

1.2 Josh Rosen (62.69% of the votes / 42 votes)

1.3 Josh Allen (52% of the votes / 23 votes)

1.4 Saqoun Barkley (50.7% of the votes / 36 votes to 30 for Chubb)

1.5 Baker Mayfield (44% of the vote / 22 votes to 15 for Chubb)

1.6 Bradley Chubb (71.88%/ 23 Votes)

1.7 Minkah Fitzpatrick (35% of the vote with 16 votes to Nelson's 13)

1.8 Quentin Nelson (77% of the vote / 20 votes)

Other - Harold Landry

Of the choices listed - Derwin James.  Though I'd be cool with either Smith or Edmunds as well.

Went with Ward. He is a bit small so he can slide into the nickel with Sherman and Witherspoon outside. In a year or 2 when Sherman needs to be phased out, Ward can move outside. 

I wanted to vote for Ward but they have Sherman, Witherspoon who played solid and K'Waun Williams who has been a nice surprise. 

Going with Davenport. Thomas, Armstead and Buckner are nice pieces on the front but not much depth. Davenport can get after the QB.

I have no idea where Orlando Brown will be drafted -- given a stunningly horrid combine and not that much more impressive pro day, this will be fascinating to see.

But I can guarantee he won't be selected at #9. 

I get why @Sebowski didn't want to too severely limit options, but also think guys like McGlinchy (back half of 1st round at best) and Mike Hughes (back end/turn) aren't realistic at #9 overall, and think that LB and CB and interior O-linemen are bigger needs for them than WR and O-tackles. Love the Tom Rathman selection, though.

Ward, Edmunds, and Smith make the most sense, and I think they go Edmunds for the freak athlete component.

I voted for Derwin James. I think if he lasts this long, he's starting to border on steal territory. He's the best safety prospect since Eric Berry, who James is likely also more talented than.

I'd add Maurice Hurst, Harold Landry and Josh Jackson to the next list. One of those guys will likely go top-10 in my opinion. Frankly, if his heart thing checks out, I think Hurst is the best non-QB in the entire draft. 

Really surprised to see Roqoun over Edmunds here so far for ILB. I thought Edmunds was the clear cut #1 ILB, though I also prefer Smith. 

I have no idea where Orlando Brown will be drafted -- given a stunningly horrid combine and not that much more impressive pro day, this will be fascinating to see.

But I can guarantee he won't be selected at #9. 

I get why @Sebowski didn't want to too severely limit options, but also think guys like McGlinchy (back half of 1st round at best) and Mike Hughes (back end/turn) aren't realistic at #9 overall, and think that LB and CB and interior O-linemen are bigger needs for them than WR and O-tackles. Love the Tom Rathman selection, though.

Ward, Edmunds, and Smith make the most sense, and I think they go Edmunds for the freak athlete component.

I'm just going off the nfl.com mocks and adding the players in window at least into each position. That site has 6 mocks on one page so it's easy to look at a bunch of different opinions. 

I had a tough time choosing between Ward, James, and Edmunds. I ultimately went Ward, but Edmunds came out as my 2nd choice. So he'd be my vote now that it looks like it is between Edmunds and James.

Just curious for the people that voted Derwin James, is it more because he's just a freakishly good player or do you guys not trust the combo of Tartt, Ward, Colbert? Safety doesn't seem like a position of need to me...

Just curious for the people that voted Derwin James, is it more because he's just a freakishly good player or do you guys not trust the combo of Tartt, Ward, Colbert? Safety doesn't seem like a position of need to me...
Ward is more of a utility player, he's as much a corner as he is a safety. But yes, James is just a freakishly good player. i can't remember the last safety I thought was as good a prospect coming out. I think James is kind of the defensive version of Barkley, where he's an elite player, at a position that isn't a priority at the top of drafts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edmunds takes this with 17 votes vs. 10 for Smith and 9 for Ward. Thanks for playing guys. I'll have the next pick up here in a few. 

Users who are viewing this thread