What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR D.J. Moore, CHI (1 Viewer)

I dislike this whole series. OK, partly he’s picking on guys I’m targeting.

:lol:

Seriously though it’s so lazy. Basically taking ECR & then finding negativity to spread on anybody whose consensus ADP is out of sync.

Try looking back at at ADP on September 30 & not saying WTH were we thinking?

If Cam’s shoulder is good to go Moore & Samuel are both gonna have huge years IMO. They’re ying and yang, love how they have different strengths. D.J. will have a ton of YAC and Curtis can stretch the field. Best WR combo Newton has ever had.

I dislike this whole series. OK, partly he’s picking on guys I’m targeting.

:lol:

Seriously though it’s so lazy. Basically taking ECR & then finding negativity to spread on anybody whose consensus ADP is out of sync.

Try looking back at at ADP on September 30 & not saying WTH were we thinking?

If Cam’s shoulder is good to go Moore & Samuel are both gonna have huge years IMO. They’re ying and yang, love how they have different strengths. D.J. will have a ton of YAC and Curtis can stretch the field. Best WR combo Newton has ever had.
Steve Smith wants to have a word with you. 😂

All kidding aside, props to player personnel staff realizing their previous approach to WRs wasn't working with Cam and trying something different.  Going from slower, big guys with big catch radii to smaller, quicker guys.  Making throws easier for Cam whether they are shorter (YAC) or deep balls (more separation, ability to adjust)

Kelvin Benjamin: 6'5, 240 lbs, 4.60s 40 yd

Devin Funchess: 6'4, 232 lbs, 4.60s 40 yd

DJ Moore: 6'0, 210 lbs, 4.42 40 yd

Curtis Samuel: 5'11, 196 lbs, 4.31 40 yd

Steve Smith wants to have a word with you. 😂

All kidding aside, props to player personnel staff realizing their previous approach to WRs wasn't working with Cam and trying something different.  Going from slower, big guys with big catch radii to smaller, quicker guys.  Making throws easier for Cam whether they are shorter (YAC) or deep balls (more separation, ability to adjust)

Kelvin Benjamin: 6'5, 240 lbs, 4.60s 40 yd

Devin Funchess: 6'4, 232 lbs, 4.60s 40 yd

DJ Moore: 6'0, 210 lbs, 4.42 40 yd

Curtis Samuel: 5'11, 196 lbs, 4.31 40 yd
Aw, yes, the awesome Brandon Lafell chipping in his 40ish-650ish-3.5 TDs. Great combo.

:P

Agreed it was a good thing to be done with Duck Hands & Murder Holes. Always nice to have receivers who have the catch part down.

Angry old man is broke & wants that second season to get paid. Watch ADP post 1500-10 on a bunch of autodraft teams that took him in the 13th round.

:P

D.J. will have a ton of YAC and Curtis can stretch the field. Best WR combo Newton has ever had.
I may be wrong on this but wasn't Moose and Smitty together with Cam early on in Cam's career or did Muhammad already leave for Chicago by then? I honestly can't recall 

I may be wrong on this but wasn't Moose and Smitty together with Cam early on in Cam's career or did Muhammad already leave for Chicago by then? I honestly can't recall 
Anybody remember him in Madden back in the day?

Out of the league after 2009, two years before Cam was the first pick.

Muhsin was a baller

No doubt who the Panthers all-time WR duo is, right? Like almost 1,700 catches for 23K+ and 143 TDs between them.

I lucked into Moose as my WR3 the year Smith broke his leg in the opener (2004), and he went off. 1400 with 16 TDs, #championship.

Very high on him this year and have taken him as my WR2 in a draft where I went RB heavy. Just seems to me like the kind of talent that can make a big jump in his second year 

D.J. Moore caught 7-of-10 targets for 76 yards in the Panthers' Week 1 loss to the Rams.

Moore finished with the second-most targets on the team -- Christian McCaffrey had 11 -- but the Rams' defense did a good job limiting big plays. Cam Newton was inconsistent as a passer, but Moore should maintain a reasonable weekly floor given his target share. Next week's home matchup against the Tampa Bay Bucs offers more potential for a ceiling game. Moore remains on the WR2/3 borderline with "Training Camp MVP" Curtis Samuel only seeing four targets.
Love the targets vs. a tough secondary, he did fumble on a run also. He ran as the clear #1 WR.

Have him locked and loaded in my 1st Flex spot (my league is Double Flex). 7-95 and a TD in a smash spot plus Hargreaves doesn't shadow.

D.J. Moore caught 9-of-14 targets for 89 yards in the Panthers' Week 2 loss to the Bucs.

Unsurprisingly, Moore's 14 looks led the team, though Curtis Samuel was just one behind at 13. Moore was Cam Newton's primary checkdown target this evening, keeping the chains moving on a night where Newton struggled to get anything going deep. Moore now has 24 looks through two games. As expected, Moore's usage is spiking, firmly establishing him as a WR2 in fantasy. The Cardinals are a delectable Week 3 matchup.

Sep 13, 2019, 12:56 AM ET

I like what I see so far but 51 pass attempts by Cam probably won't happen again all season and Samuel's target share spiked this week too.  I would love to see Moore sustain 12 targets per game but I think 8-9 is probably a more realistic range.  He is putting up barely over 10 yards/catch too which, if that is indicative of the types of routes he is running, seems like it could limit his big game upside. The good news is, if I am using the data dominator correctly, Moore is the only WR in Carolina to have received any targets inside the 20 this season.  So far Moore has three targets inside the 20, while Olsen and McCaffrey each have one.  

With Cam Out how much is DJ effected. Does Carolina lean in CMC a ton or so they trust Allen to throw enough where DJ gets a good number of targets yet. 

With Cam Out how much is DJ effected. Does Carolina lean in CMC a ton or so they trust Allen to throw enough where DJ gets a good number of targets yet. 
Last year Allen started in week 17, and DJ got 8 targets, and had 4 receptions for 81 yards. Allen got hurt near the end of the game, but he threw two TDs during the game (to Curtis Samuel and Ian Thomas). Allen also rushed for a TD in the game.

D.J. Moore caught 1-of-2 targets for a 52-yard touchdown in the Panthers' Week 3 win over the Cardinals.

He made his one catch count. Moore ran across the middle of the field, caught the pass from Kyle Allen in stride, and raced almost untouched to the end zone. Prior to this one, Moore had drawn a total of 24 targets through two games. Curtis Samuel and Greg Olsen were targeted seven times each to lead the team. Moore will be a WR2 next week in Houston.

Sep 22, 2019, 8:07 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread