Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Zyphros

Dynasty: Michael Gallup Puns Galore

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

Reports show that McKay has stiff competition for a practice squad spot. WR has the most bodies signed than any other position on the Cowboys. Thompson and McKay are unlikely to make the final roster according to 247sports. Plus Thompson is 29... Dallas has numerous young talents that I think they'd rather hold onto. 

If you want to bet on a sizable no-namer. I would go with Noah Brown or Cedrick Wilson

So far Gallup is projected as starting the season as WR1, Hurns 2, Beasley 3. After that likely Brown, Wilson. The WR6 is a toss up. I'll go with Lenoir since he was on the practice squad last year and has a year of experience in the system. 

Did you forget Tavon Austin or are you counting him as a running back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Did you forget Tavon Austin or are you counting him as a running back?

RB. He's listed as a WR on ourlads and CBS, so maybe I should count him as a WR. MFL has him RB only. 

As of May Linehan has said he views Austin as a WR. Jones and Jones have said he will be primarily used as a RB in the Dunbar role. Jerry Jones even said 12-24 carries a game, in typical Jerry fashion. So clear as mud from the Dallas staff! 

If he is officially a WR I could see Dallas carrying 7 WRs possibly, especially if they have to cut Williams given his issues. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

RB. He's listed as a WR on ourlads and CBS, so maybe I should count him as a WR. MFL has him RB only. 

As of May Linehan has said he views Austin as a WR. Jones and Jones have said he will be primarily used as a RB in the Dunbar role. Jerry Jones even said 12-24 carries a game, in typical Jerry fashion. So clear as mud from the Dallas staff! 

If he is officially a WR I could see Dallas carrying 7 WRs possibly, especially if they have to cut Williams given his issues. 

I see it this way

Hurns

Williams

Beasley

Gallup

Austin

Thompson

on the bubble

Noah Brown

Lance Lenoire

 

Practice squad

KD Cannon

McKay or Cedric Wilson

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I see it this way

Hurns

Williams

Beasley

Gallup

Austin

Thompson

on the bubble

Noah Brown

Lance Lenoire

 

Practice squad

KD Cannon

McKay or Cedric Wilson

 

 

 

Not sure about Williams but if he is kept on the roster I agree with your first 4. 

If Williams is suspended at all, even 1 game, I believe his 3.5 million is no longer guaranteed and the cowboys can release him easily. I see that happening. 

Also the surgery on his foot in february could cause for a slow start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL.com's Gregg Rosenthal reports Cowboys OC Scott Linehan "talked up" third-round rookie Michael Gallup's red zone ability on Thursday.

Per Rosenthal, Linehan also said he anticipated Gallup's catch radius "replacing some of what the team lost in the offseason." With Dez Bryant and Jason Witten gone, the Cowboys need someone to step up near the goal line. An excellent route runner with plus short-area quicks, Gallup scored 21 touchdowns in two years at Colorado State. He remains a rookie sleeper to watch.

Source: Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter 

Jul 26 - 4:52 PM

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lance Lenoir? I am intrigued just because of the name. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HIGHLY UNDERRATED STUD!!!!! 

Please let him fall to me please!!!! 

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2018 at 0:23 PM, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I see it this way

Hurns

Williams

Beasley

Gallup

Austin

Thompson

on the bubble

Noah Brown

Lance Lenoire

 

Practice squad

KD Cannon

McKay or Cedric Wilson

 

 

 

Gallup will end up #1, you just can’t hold back that talent.

Tex

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BigTex said:

Gallup will end up #1, you just can’t hold back that talent.

Tex

Do you have a rookie WR fetish?  I have been in 3 different threads and have now seen you pimping Anthony Miller, D.J. Moore, and now Gallup.  I'm sort of teasing you here, but are there other rookie WRs that you really like, or are these 3 guys it?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pinequick said:

Do you have a rookie WR fetish?  I have been in 3 different threads and have now seen you pimping Anthony Miller, D.J. Moore, and now Gallup.  I'm sort of teasing you here, but are there other rookie WRs that you really like, or are these 3 guys it?

Lol, I just like this class and believe Gallup and Miller are the two to grab as they present great value. DJ is a monster I just think Cam is going to kill his “overall” ceiling. I feel about Gallup and Miller the same way I felt about JuJu before the draft. I have Gallup right behind Ridley. Washington, Kirk, Pettis and Sutton bringing up the rear.

Trust me Gallup his going to surprise a lot of people and so will Miller.

My hidden gem Smith.

Tex

Edited by BigTex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, pinequick said:

Do you have a rookie WR fetish?  I have been in 3 different threads and have now seen you pimping Anthony Miller, D.J. Moore, and now Gallup.  I'm sort of teasing you here, but are there other rookie WRs that you really like, or are these 3 guys it?

Adam Caplan was on the radio yesterday after spending time in Dallas and was effusive in his praise for this guy. I, too, fully expect him to be the man at some point this year. He’s pennies on the dollar 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BigTex said:

Lol, I just like this class and believe Gallup and Miller are the two to grab as they present great value. DJ is a monster I just think Cam is going to kill his “overall” ceiling. I feel about Gallup and Miller the same way I felt about JuJu before the draft. I have Gallup right behind Ridley. Washington, Kirk, Pettis and Sutton bringing up the rear.

Trust me Gallup his going to surprise a lot of people and so will Miller.

My hidden gem Smith.

Tex

As the creator of the thread I thought I was the big Gallup fan.  I’ve had him behind DJ Moore most of the year even after the NFL draft.  Even pre combine I had him as WR3 in the class and now he’s my #1 rookie WR.  He’s so good at everything with a ceiling that isn’t far off of what the dominant WRs do.  I’m just excited.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

As the creator of the thread I thought I was the big Gallup fan.  I’ve had him behind DJ Moore most of the year even after the NFL draft.  Even pre combine I had him as WR3 in the class and now he’s my #1 rookie WR.  He’s so good at everything with a ceiling that isn’t far off of what the dominant WRs do.  I’m just excited.  

I had him in my top 3 pre-draft based on talent and production. Talent wise I have him behind only DJ. I just don’t think i’ll get that lucky and he’ll fall to me. The only way I will get him is to trade up which I currently have an offer on the table but it’s for Dalvin Cook which is not enough.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

As the creator of the thread I thought I was the big Gallup fan.  I’ve had him behind DJ Moore most of the year even after the NFL draft.  Even pre combine I had him as WR3 in the class and now he’s my #1 rookie WR.  He’s so good at everything with a ceiling that isn’t far off of what the dominant WRs do.  I’m just excited.  

Gallup has always intrigued me as an under the radar guy. again, I'm surprised some of these WRs arent going higher round 1 or even in round 1. I got Gallup at 2.3 (#16 overall, we have a 1.13 for consolation winner) and I was quite pleased. I think he and Miller can creep into round 1 in August drafts, especially after some preseason games

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

Gallup has always intrigued me as an under the radar guy. again, I'm surprised some of these WRs arent going higher round 1 or even in round 1. I got Gallup at 2.3 (#16 overall, we have a 1.13 for consolation winner) and I was quite pleased. I think he and Miller can creep into round 1 in August drafts, especially after some preseason games

This is what I’m afraid of. With the picks I have and the limited open spots I have on my roster I know exactly who I want but I might not get them. My draft is on the 26th and unless an injury occurs (I hope not) the cat will be out of the bag.

Tex

Edited by BigTex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of injuries the one WR who I believe was going to surprise everyone outside of the Cowboys organization was injured this week and I believe is out for the year. He was turning a lot of heads and I had to go back and look at a few games. I will wait till around the end of the year (if I have a spot for him) and grab him for free on the WW.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000944104/article/sam-darnolds-arrival-objs-good-start-cowboys-new-toy

Two offseason additions making strong early impressions. Two players to watch during training camp who could help in areas of need: defensive tackle Jihad Ward, acquired in a trade with the Raiders for WR/KR Ryan Switzer, and rookie wide receiver Michael Gallup. 

Gallup turned heads quickly -- well, after an offseason of work -- with his big-play ability. Executive vice president and director of player personnel Stephen Jones told me everyone is impressed with the third-round pick, and that once he becomes consistent learning the offense and dealing with the demands of the NFL, he could emerge as a key target.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://thesportsdaily.com/2018/08/01/10-nfl-rookies-already-shining-in-training-camp/

Michael Gallup

The Dallas Cowboys will be going into the 2018 season without a true No. 1 receiver after releasing three-time Pro Bowler Dez Bryant last April, so it’s not surprising to hear that Gallup, the team’s third-round pick out of Colorado State, is already getting first-team reps in camp. Based on what he’s done to Dallas’ defensive backs on the practice field, he might be in line for substantial playing time as a rookie.

Fellow Cowboys receiver Allen Hurns has been impressed by the rookie.

“I’ve been very impressed,” Hurns said of Gallup, via Brandon George of The Dallas Morning News. “Since he’s come in, he’s been making plays non-stop. I know he’s not like a 6-5 guy, but he plays like it. He’s a guy who goes up and gets the ball. He plays aggressive. He’s going to help this offense out a lot with his aggressive style.”

The Cowboys haven’t been known for their aerial attack the last couple of seasons thanks to a strong running game, but Gallup should still get ample opportunities catching passes from Dak Prescott.

Tex

Edited by BigTex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BigTex said:

Dak to Gallup for the TD get used to it.

Tex

Sure, just wish dak was better. Gallup gonna be clippity-clopping all over this year. Get ready for the cringe worthy “gallup gallops to the end zone” or “the cowboys are really galloping today!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone watch the game that can give some notes on him?  I’ve been on vacation and missed week 1 of preseason so I’m behind.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Anyone watch the game that can give some notes on him?  I’ve been on vacation and missed week 1 of preseason so I’m behind.  

He looked good, he plays faster than I remember seeing in college. The CB had a hard time keeping up with him. Routes could be a little tighter but he and Austin seem to be the two they target the most. They looked better then Hurns in this first game.

For the record I didn’t watch the entire game after the scrubs came in I checked out. That backup QB couldn’t hit Gallup who shot passed the QB which would have easily been a TD.

Tex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Anyone watch the game that can give some notes on him?  I’ve been on vacation and missed week 1 of preseason so I’m behind.  

 

2 hours ago, BigTex said:

He looked good, he plays faster than I remember seeing in college. The CB had a hard time keeping up with him. Routes could be a little tighter but he and Austin seem to be the two they target the most. They looked better then Hurns in this first game.

For the record I didn’t watch the entire game after the scrubs came in I checked out. That backup QB couldn’t hit Gallup who shot passed the QB which would have easily been a TD.

Tex

I only watched his targets (3) and he looked OK to me.  His TD was more the benefit of crap coverage.  I don't know much about Jimmie Ward and how he looked last year but he looked bad on that play, if there was a competent CB who looked for the ball it may have even been picked off.  On his second target Greg Mabin tried to jam him and missed terrible and Gallup sped past him.  It wouldn't have been a TD as the safety seemed to be in good position but that ball was really underthrown.  His last attempt was on a fade and the ball was thrown out of his reach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

A WR named Gallup belongs on the Cowboys.

FF is serious business. Quit horsing around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cockroach said:

This should be a poll.  

oh, i just got it! Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apparently he suffered a minor muscle tweak late in the 2nd quarter.

The doctor described his condition as stable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a lot of the dallas players are suffering from allergies at this time of year.

michael gallop is one of them, experincing coughing attack durning the night.

he often wakes up a little horse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These jokes are going to be ready for the glue factory before the season even gets here, at this rate...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

There won’t be a main receiver. 

we need a "dislike this" option for posts like this

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've got to hand it to this kid, he took advantage of his opportunity (unlike others).  You know what they say, "You can lead a horse to water..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys need to rein in these expectations...  He could come out the gate fast only to slow to a jog as the fantasy season hits the home stretch.  No better way to miss out on the purse!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m chomping at the bit to see this kid in action. The Cowboys are no longer saddled by poor play from overrated wrs. It may be neck and neck with through preseason with the young thoroughbred from Miami to determine their #1 wr. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a horse in this race but I expect Gallup to win the hearts of the coaching staff, earn his place in the starting lineup and show us all what he can do.  Trifecta. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Still waiting on a good one to update the thread title 

Quit stalling, get off your high horse and change it already. Can't you see this thread is full of unbridled enthusiasm?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cockroach said:

I don't have a horse in this race but I expect Gallup to win the hearts of the coaching staff, earn his place in the starting lineup and show us all what he can do.  Trifecta. 

This, my friend, is a fresh post.  Well done

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

:doh:

Lol, wut? Dak will throw to the open man, there won’t be a consistent week to week performer, not unlike how the Patriots do it.

 

Everybody disagrees but nobody can open their mouth?

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Lol, wut? Dak will throw to the open man, there won’t be a consistent week to weeknoerformer, notninlike hownthe Patriots do it.

 

Everybody disagrees but nobody can open their mouth?

And that’s straight from the horse’s mouth.  Y’all should listen.

Edited by Arodin
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.