What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Michael Gallup Puns Galore (1 Viewer)

Kate Hairopoulos @khairopoulos

Cowboys WR coach Sanjay Lal on WR Michael Gallup entering 2nd season: He's more comfortable, it's kind of like he's picked up from last year. He didn't revert back to some of the rookie traits. He came in and is acting like a vet. Couldn't ask for more right now.

1:36 PM - May 22, 2019

Kate Hairopoulos @khairopoulos

Cowboys WR Michael Gallup: Those last couple games I saw a boost in myself and so did some of the coaches. Just playing a little different ball. Knowing what you're supposed to do, playing out there comfortable. ...It's a motivator, you know you can play with everybody.

12:58 PM - May 29, 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
Gallup really came on once Cooper came to the team:

first 6 games: 2.98 fantasy points / game

Week 7 on (8 games): 8.7 fantasy points / game

Not earth shattering, but he has less in front of him now as the true wr2. 

Super under valued. Many people say this isnt a pass first offense, but I think you will see the offense evolve as Dak gets better and better. Dak has had a better or comparable first 3 years as Brady, Ryan, Wilson and others have had. The future for Dak is bright.

You can probably easily get Gallup for a 2nd, and I firmly believe he will be worth more than that at the end of the season

Gallup really came on once Cooper came to the team:

first 6 games: 2.98 fantasy points / game

Week 7 on (8 games): 8.7 fantasy points / game

Not earth shattering, but he has less in front of him now as the true wr2. 

Super under valued. Many people say this isnt a pass first offense, but I think you will see the offense evolve as Dak gets better and better. Dak has had a better or comparable first 3 years as Brady, Ryan, Wilson and others have had. The future for Dak is bright.

You can probably easily get Gallup for a 2nd, and I firmly believe he will be worth more than that at the end of the season
Throwing a flag on this one.  It lacks the requisite horse pun and thus can’t be taken seriously.

Dak also missed him AT LEAST 2 times for long tds. Feels like at least 3-4 times
This is the part I am waiting to see change.

I have not been a Dak fan, but I definitely see improved production this year.  The part I question is how much?  He averages 220-230 yards per game.  What kind of jump are people predicting in his passing?  He misses a lot of throws... what kind of increase in volume will we see?  Any concern about the lack of rushing once Cooper came in?  

Dak doesn't feel like a thoroughbred to me.

David Helman @HelmanDC

If I had to pick five Cowboys players who are having the most badass camps so far, they’d be:

- Xavier Woods

- Maliek Collins

- Michael Gallup

- Jaylon Smith

- Reggie Davis

David Helman @HelmanDC

It’s hard to understate how big/important I think it is that Michael Gallup is out here kicking butt and taking names, getting every rep with Dak, every single day.

It’s only August, so who knows. We’ll see. But he looks very much like a guy who’s about to break out.

Cooper is only going to spur him on, although he's still saddled with Dak as a QB. When the regular season starts, lets hope he doesn't spit the bit...

don't worry about the horse being blind , just load the wagon

- John Madden

I hope Gallop spurs on the Cowboys offense this season. he'll lasso that WR2 role with the team 

Ev‏an SilvaVerified account @evansilva   Evan Silva Retweeted Chris Wesseling

Yes, Michael Gallup looks fantastic. Reports out of #Cowboys camp say he’s practicing that way too. His production improved after last year’s Amari Cooper trade. Dallas faces one of NFL’s softest pass-defense slates. A+ 12th-round fantasy pick.

Chris WesselingVerified account @ChrisWesseling

Michael Gallup improved throughout his rookie season and has the look of a strong breakout candidate this month. If not for Pollard, seems like Gallup would be getting more buzz on Cowboys O.

4:23 AM - 26 Aug 2019

Yeah, he's been REALLY good. Against Houston he had a nice catch and run for a TD called back for holding. 

I think he is going to be good this season too and while I think Cooper will be the lead WR if healthy, Gallup is rising. If Cooper is done for any length of time, Gallup will be very valuable.  If he isn't, he should be a flex option.

Yeah he’s going to blow up this early this year. If Cooper is out there he will demand the double teams until Gallup shows them he will burn them deep, and he will.

If they can avoid the injury bug the Cowboys are going to be very very good. 

Giddy Up.

Looks electric out there and Kellen Moore is getting creative on the playcalling.

Lost my WR1 today. Welcome to the starting role Gallup.

I kind of expected him to be my first drop for the waiver wire after week one.  

Guess that’s not happening 

Michael Gallup caught 7-of-7 targets for 158 yards in the Cowboys' Week 1 win over the Giants.

The Cowboys’ new-found explosive passing attack was made possible thanks to Gallup’s consistent ability to get behind the defense. Dak Prescott displayed some beautiful touch on downfield throws, ultimately hooking up with Gallup for completions of 62, 36 and 23 yards. Gallup’s air yards in 2018 were that of a high-upside WR2, and now he appears to have the quarterback and scheme to convert those opportunities into real production. The entire Cowboys offense is again set up well in Week 2 against the Redskins.

Sep 8, 2019, 7:43 PM ET

I have both Gallup and Cooper and I have a feeling they are going to be WR1A and WR1B this year. Both these guys are going to be consistent producers.

I have both Gallup and Cooper and I have a feeling they are going to be WR1A and WR1B this year. Both these guys are going to be consistent producers.
I do too. With Foles going down I’m feeling very nervous about my number 3 DeDe. Might have to start 2 WR’s from the same team...   Not digging this idea but don’t want to watch Gallup go off on my bench every week.  

I do too. With Foles going down I’m feeling very nervous about my number 3 DeDe. Might have to start 2 WR’s from the same team...   Not digging this idea but don’t want to watch Gallup go off on my bench every week.  
If the team passes enough this is actually a pretty good strategy. But what about Zeke?  This concerns me a bit as he wasn't too involved today.

he looks the part.... probably a bit of an outlier though against a terrible team. luckily for fantasy managers it looks like most of the NFC east is garbage defensively in the secondary. will be starting him for the forseeable future (t hill and mike will)

Users who are viewing this thread