What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst airport you've ever spent time in (1 Viewer)

identikit

Footballguy
Currently doing time in KCs, waiting impatiently for a connecting flight out of here.

I'm by far not the most frequent traveller, but this place is (maybe) a shade better than what I imagine a third world one would be.

Horrid.

I'm sure there are worse?

Last edited by a moderator:
KC’s is pretty bad, but at the same time it is somewhat convenient.  You don’t need to hike 3 miles to get to a gate
Fair point.

The narrowness of the gate area coupled with the patterned/textured ceiling makes it egg cartonesque.

A tiny little kid just waddled by with her own dirty diaper in her hand.

She did throw it in the receptacle though.

Newark, LaGuardia and Kennedy all resemble Third World airports. LaGuardia flights are on time only 69% of the time, the buildings are decrepit, and frankly it's tiny for the volume it services. The NYC terminals are the cause of more flight delays nationwide by a country mile.

Newark, LaGuardia and Kennedy all resemble Third World airports. LaGuardia flights are on time only 69% of the time, the buildings are decrepit, and frankly it's tiny for the volume it services. The NYC terminals are the cause of more flight delays nationwide by a country mile.
I was in LaGuardia only once, years ago.  The gate #s were written on yellow legal paper and duct taped to the walls.  Then they'd move them around.

I'd forgotten about that.

The gate information isn't digital.  Numbers and letters are slid on in some sort of order.

Looks like a set on an early 70s game show.

first time i went to Cabo ('80, maybe?) the terminal in San Jose del Cabo was an actual circus tent. the next year, we flew in thru the eye of a hurricane and our porter accidently did the old pup tent trick - when he slung our bags atop his shoulder, the tip touched the besotted canvas and soaked him and our bags in a rush of water.

I am biased by the fact that i have never been to atlanta without getting stuck on the runway forever without a gate. So by the time i get in the airport i hate the place. 

I was in LaGuardia only once, years ago.  The gate #s were written on yellow legal paper and duct taped to the walls.  Then they'd move them around.

I'd forgotten about that.
I used to love LaGuardia but that was only because I worked for a huge company that printed airline tickets in our office and had a Hertz counter as well. Flew the shuttles every week to Washington National and you could use the tickets on either airline so there was never a wait (every half hour). That was pre-911 though.

Not sure if the old terminal in Detroit is still there. That was a smelly hole. I hated Miami when it was under construction and Atlanta sucks mainly because you are always delayed. 

Dallas-Ft Worth has been a horrible experience for me Everytime I've been there.

I fly to KC every year for the Advanced Placement Statistics exam reading, MCI is absolutely horrible. It was opened a short time before 911, and was meant to be an open design, worked great until they had to close off the gates post-911. I've heard they just approved a bond referendum to build a new, "modern" airport.

So many terrible airports, and unfortunately for me and other NYC people, the airports here are as bad as any.  I am 46 and LaGuardia has been in a perpetual state of construction for my entire life.  It's the worst in this area. 

O'Hare has also been consistently terrible too, especially considering the delays I have had to deal with and walking miles from one gate to another when they change that on you along with the delays.  I once spent 10 hours in O'Hare and walked several miles due to the delays and changes. 

Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport is also really bad.  It's the most disorganized airport I have even been to by far.  They have "no smoking" signs, but they are just suggestions, not rules.  They don't believe in lines so when it's time to board, you had better be ready for lots of pushing and shoving.

O'Hare isn't gonna make anyone's top 5, but it's not nearly as bad as it was in the 90s. 

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
I think this is unfair..... unless you are flying in/out on a Saturday to/from the islands.  Then it's a total #### show.
Hated it. Had 5 hours to kill there , piss poor food options etc. Not a fan of any airport but this was bottom barrel.

Best thing that happened was tsa setting up another checkpoint at the gate of some flight going to a South America country .

Currently doing time in KCs, waiting impatiently for a connecting flight out of here.

I'm by far not the most frequent traveller, but this place is (maybe) a shade better than what I imagine a third world one would be.

Horrid.

I'm sure there are worse?
KC airport is a dump. The bbq place through security isn’t the worst, but that airport sucks. 

I hate LAX, for a number of reasons. 

Phoenix sucks too. 

Good posting.  

The lounges suck too. JFK is the worst to fly in and out of of the three, but at least the are some decent places to eat.  Newark and LaGuardia are #### holes. 

Not a fan of Chicago Midway if connecting with a family.  Very crowded, not too many good food or beer options, have to sit on dirty carpet before boarding as there aren't enough chairs.  

Newark has an extra layer of ugly plus it is surrounded by probably the most dangeous junkyard ghetto in the world.   

Not really a "worst"  airport story. More like "most hysterical"

Flew into Billings, Montana 2 years ago for a wedding. There are like 2 gates and we maybe saw like 15 other people during the walk from the gate to baggage. While we were walking, they actually made an announcement about a missing neck pillow. Yes, a $15 neck pillow.  Growing up around here (most of my flights about been out of Newark) I'm pretty sure it would take a lost CHILD for them to make an announcement.

One cool thing about Billings was they had a huge (I assume fake)T-rex skull sitting next to the baggage claim.

I'd rather fly out of Newark than any other NYC airport.  It's definitely no frills but at least it's easy.
Slight hijack...flew out of Newark with strong crosswinds. Northwest asks for 17 volunteers to lighten load. After some coaxing with $400, they get the volunteers. A few minutes later, the volunteers get back on the plane. Northwest decided they didn't want to pay them. Capt announces we are going to the end of the runway to burn off fuel for 20 min. Pilot sitting next to me takes out pen and paper and does some calculations, turns to me and says “we should be ok”  :mellow: .

Slight hijack...flying out of Newark with strong crosswinds. Northwest asks for 17 volunteers to lighten load. After some coaxing with $400, they get the volunteers. A few minutes later, the volunteers get back on the plane. Northwest decided they didn't want to pay them. Capt announces we are going to the end of the runway to burn off fuel for 20 min. Pilot sutting next to me takes out pen and paper and does some calculations, turns to me and says “we should be ok”  :mellow: .
OMG

Late 1980's People's Express in Newark. Cinder block building with no windows and a cheap carpet
over concrete floor. With the seven foot ceiling and the 18 foot wide(being generous) terminal you
couldn't expect much when you could fly Columbus, OH to Portland, ME for $79 to $99 round trip.  

Late 1980's People's Express in Newark. Cinder block building with no windows and a cheap carpet
over concrete floor. With the seven foot ceiling and the 18 foot wide(being generous) terminal you
couldn't expect much when you could fly Columbus, OH to Portland, ME for $79 to $99 round trip.  
Ha!  I flew People from Dallas to the Portland Jetport in Maine through Newark when I was 12.  I remember that very well.  Also remember my buddy elbowing me to look at the woman across from us who was wearing short shorts and no undies.  Huge 1985 black bush in full view.  Had to buy your own Cokes on People.  :lmao:

Your description was spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread