What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs thread: Caps and Mystics to raise banners together in October. Congrats DC!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear
Caps/Lumbus 4-2

Pens/Flyers

Bolts/Devils 4-1

Bruins/Leafs 4-3

Preds/Avs 4-2

Jets/Wild 4-1

Vegas/Fighting @Bucky86 s SWEEP

Ducks/Sharks  SWEEP

Round 2

Caps/Pens 4-2

Bolts/Bruins 4-1

Preds/Jets 3-4

Sharks/Vegas 1-4

Vegas/Jets 4-2

Bolts/Caps 3-4

Vegas/Caps

Last edited by a moderator:
Bolts 

Pens crush Philly 

Blue Jackets 

Boston too depressed after blowing division lead so Toronto 

Preds

Jets

Kings

Ducks 

Bolts 

Pens 

Jets 

Ducks 

Bolts 

Jets 

Bolts ⚡⚡⚡⚡

Preds has not played all that well the past couple of weeks til the last few games.

Hope the depth makes a difference and Rinne plays like he did most of last postseason.

Should be fun anyway.

This is the year the Caps make it to the final. They'll play - and lose - to Las Vegas. They get another banner and we get an expansion team Cup champion.

That's probably the best subtitle I'll have all playoffs.  Was stuck in traffic today and I saw an old Ford Windstar and immediately thought of some poor Winnipeg family leaving game 3 in the twin cities only to find their family van was stolen by ruffians.  That's the stuff that makes a great geographic rivalry! 

First Round: 

Kings, Ducks, Preds, Jets

Pens, Columbus, Lightning, Toronto

Next Round:

Kings, Preds

Pens, Lightning

SC Final:

Preds, Pens

Winner

Pens

BTW, if you are an NHL fan and don't have a subscription to TheAthletic, now might be the time to try. Very good writers and some of the preview articles I have seen are very detailed. More than the glib "Team X must stay out of the box to avoid Team Y power play."  Plus their writers aren't afraid to approach analytics and how they fit.

BTW, if you are an NHL fan and don't have a subscription to TheAthletic, now might be the time to try. Very good writers and some of the preview articles I have seen are very detailed. More than the glib "Team X must stay out of the box to avoid Team Y power play."  Plus their writers aren't afraid to approach analytics and how they fit.
Their series previews are great. Waiting for them to post the Bolts one. 

That's probably the best subtitle I'll have all playoffs.  Was stuck in traffic today and I saw an old Ford Windstar and immediately thought of some poor Winnipeg family leaving game 3 in the twin cities only to find their family van was stolen by ruffians.  That's the stuff that makes a great geographic rivalry! 
:lmao:  

They just launched in Boston today and still are in the process of unveiling their lineup. Really looking forward to seeing what they do here. 

Here is my annual completely uneducated picks for the playoffs.

First round

Caps vs BJs - Caps in 6

Pens vs Flyers - Flyers in 7

Bolts vs Devils - Bolts in 5

Bruins vs Leafs - Bruins in 6

Preds vs Lanche - Preds in 4

Jets vs Wild - Jets in 6

GK vs Kings - GK in 5

Ducks vs Sharks - Ducks in 7

2nd round

Caps vs Flyers - Caps in 6

Bolts vs Bruins - Bruins in 7

Preds vs Jets - Jets in 7

GK vs Ducks - Ducks in 7

Conference Finals

Caps vs Bruins - Bruins in 7

Jets vs Ducks - Ducks in 7

Stanley Cup

Bruins vs Ducks - Ducks in 6

NASH in 4 over COL
WINN in 5 over MINN
VEGAS in 7 over LA
ANA in 7 over SJ

TB in 5 over NJ
BOS in 7 over TOR
CLBS in 7 over WASH
PHIL in 7 over PITT
-----------------------

WINN over NASH
ANA over VEGAS

BOS over TB
PHIL over CLBS

WINN over ANA
BOS over PHIL

BOS over WINN

NJ in 7 (I assume I am the only person in the world that believes this)

TOR in 6

WASH in 6

PIT in 5

NASH in 5

WPG in 6

LAK in 7

ANA in 7

-----

NJ in 6

WASH in 7

NASH in 7

ANA in 6

-----

WASH in 5

NASH in 6

-----

WASH Cup finalists in 7 banner

Been thinking about it.  I like the staff they've compiled for the Philly sports scene.  All young writers with none of the Inquirer/DN dinosaurs that usually contribute nothing.  Sadly, I am very cheap so I probably won't sign up.

You gotta believe man!!!

But yea it's going to be tough sledding. Maybe all those Stanley cups have finally made the Pens tired.
I give them a 30-35% chance at pulling the upset. Pens are too deep and if the coach chases bad matchups it will be over quick. Nevermind the best PP vs a really bad PK. They need to play boring, trap hockey somehow and not get into a track meet. Going in with zero expections so if they pull it off it will be glorious. Just not holding my breath. Maybe Murray ####s the bed and Elliot stands on his head, anything’s possible.  :shrug:  

Caps/Jackets in 6

Pens in 5/Flyers

Bolts in 7/Devils

Bruins in 7/Leafs

Preds in 5/Avs 

Jets in 6/Wild

Knights in 7/Kings

Ducks in 7/Sharks 

Four game 7s! :thumbup:  

Amazing that the sharks have had a winning season for over 20 years.
:confused:   I assume by winning season you mean over .500 which is only 14 seasons.  also is in the loser point era which waters down records.  as recent as 14/15 they went 40-33-3-6 which is actually sub .500 if you include OT/SO losses as losses and missed the playoffs.  they have been good for a long time though.

Division Semis:

Metropolitan
M1 Washington vs WC1 Lumbus ; 4-2
M2 Pittsburgh vs M3 Philadelphia ; 4-3

Atlantic
A1 Tampa Bay vs WC2 New Jersey ; 4-2
A2 Boston vs A3 Toronto ; 4-3

Central
C1 Nashville vs WC2 Colorado ; 4-2
C2 Winnipeg vs C3 Minnesota ; 4-2

Pacific
P1 Vegas vs WC1 Los Angeles ; 4-2
P2 Anaheim vs P3 San Jose ; 4-3

Bs fan here. I don’t think they can handle the leafs depth at center position.
Leafs are deeper up front but Boston has the best top line in the NHL. I don't think either team is particularly strong on the back end (especially in terms of #4/5/6 dmen) and they're both very solid in net.

Should be the best series in round 1, mostly because it should he happening in round 2 or 3 

Users who are viewing this thread