Doctor Detroit

***Official 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs: Ovie makes love to Prince of Wales Trophy, Mehgan Markle gives him a head nod

3,586 posts in this topic

interesting that the 2012 blockbuster signings will both be out of the lineup for this spot.  a little chance for some revisionist history...with like $15 mil in dead cap space of course. 

7 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

sure I'd rather see Parise in the lineup and he's been scoring a lot lately but it's not that big of a loss.  few better around the net but he doesn't create much and other guys are capable of finishing in that spot.  they were going to need Nino, Zucker, and Coyle to step up at some point to win this series anyway.  Nino and Zucker have been invisible and Coyle has failed to finish on several grade A chances (nothing new there I guess).  this one is manageable and I was hoping to see Ennis in the lineup at some point anyway.  but none of the depth guys were coming out because Ek, Greenway, Winnik, even Foligno last game have all been good.  sure have had a lot of injuries this year, several of which were fluky plays.  weird season.

Myers is a much more significant loss and it looks like he's out as well.  speaking of, I think Boudreau should throw a fit and call for suspensions even though Parise was banged up on an innocuous play.  for shtick purposes, obviously.  Maurice has a good bit going.

Whatever makes you feel better I guess, he's been playing awesome the last couple months. I would have like to see Ennis also but going from Parise to Ennis in the playoffs is a huge loss IMO

1 hour ago, mozzy84 said:

Whatever makes you feel better I guess, he's been playing awesome the last couple months. I would have like to see Ennis also but going from Parise to Ennis in the playoffs is a huge loss IMO

overreaction on the name.  its really not that devastating.  he’s been good but it’s not like they can’t replace his output and they’ve been doing it for the better part of two seasons. he’s still good at doing Parise stuff around the net but he’s not some game changer especially at this point in his career.  Suter is an irreplaceable loss, this is different.

its not like Ennis is replacing that role or even those minutes, he’s just taking the lineup spot.  this is about the younger core filling that void and they’re plenty capable.

Winnipeg has better depth to begin with but Myers is the bigger loss especially when they’re a bit thin there already.

The name? Seriously? The “name” has 31 points in 36 games. This is bad news for the club whether you admit it or not. Naturally if you score 4-6 goals he won’t be missed. That is unlikely. 

1 person likes this

you know it’s a crippling loss when the completely unexpected announcement doesn’t even move the line 5 cents.  

9 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

The name? Seriously? The “name” has 31 points in 36 games. This is bad news for the club whether you admit it or not. Naturally if you score 4-6 goals he won’t be missed. That is unlikely. 

lol.  yup, he’s the band aid holding it all together.  a 33 year old grinding winger.  

19 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

This is bad news for the club whether you admit it or not. 

pretty sure I’m not calling good news.  just find it odd what people think Parise is at this point or how the Wild are currently constructed.

18 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

lol.  yup, he’s the band aid holding it all together.  a 33 year old grinding winger.  

Yup, I said he was holding it all together. He isn’t the first, second or even third option. However, he plays the game different than everyone else on the roster. You are simply dismissing him like he doesn’t matter. I disagree. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Bill Brasky said:

He’s one of the leaders on the team and they are trying to claw back in this series, it’s a big loss weather you like him or not.  No one said hes the man that’s holds the team together, but he is one of the main guys 33 years old or not.  

1 person likes this

Terrible ending to the first. No 5-3 and then give up a goal. Blah. 

2 people like this

Caps have a two goal lead. Live bettors need to pile on Lumbus. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Terrible ending to the first. No 5-3 and then give up a goal. Blah. 

Ridiculously blatant cross-check to the head of Staal in the slot on a PP. Even culprit Morrissey was looking around for a call. I can’t believe Staal isn’t concussed. The refs go from not calling anything the first two game, to calling everything and then some in game three, and now this bs. C’mon man.

2 people like this

A huge problem the Wild has is, they will have no answer to Morrissey’s cheap shot and Byfuglien will continue to do what Byfuglien does and they don’t have anyone that can do anything about it. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Caps have a two goal lead. Live bettors need to pile on Lumbus. 

And as soon as you post  it they lose one of the goals.  :)

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Johnny Rock said:

Ridiculously blatant cross-check to the head of Staal in the slot on a PP. Even culprit Morrissey was looking around for a call. I can’t believe Staal isn’t concussed. The refs go from not calling anything the first two game, to calling everything and then some in game three, and now this bs. C’mon man.

He definitely could be. He didn’t look right even after getting back to the bench. 

6 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

He definitely could be. He didn’t look right even after getting back to the bench. 

I agree. He might not be out for the next period. :rant:

Just now, Johnny Rock said:

I agree. He might not be out for the next period. :rant:

Doesn’t matter. He’s 33. 

No wonder Patrick Kane was so pissed they traded Panarin. 

1 person likes this

I legit just want this loss to come in regulation to save the time and heartburn of overtime 

Orlov having a rough period. 

At least Orpik is delivering that clutch veteran leadership and heady play

Caps in a playoff overtime game.  I wonder what will happen?????

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, The_Man said:

I legit just want this loss to come in regulation to save the time and heartburn of overtime 

Yeah, F this nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Caps in a playoff overtime game.  I wonder what will happen?????

At least it's an away game and the Caps fans don't have to worry about what time the Metro stops running

3 people like this

Panarin 

Nuclear Holocaust 

6 people like this

2 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

At least it's an away game and the Caps fans don't have to worry about what time the Metro stops running

I was at the Nats game during game 1 and was watching the score just to make sure I didn't get into that mess with two games letting out at same time. 

Backstrom/Dubois

Just for fun, maybe we can go multiple OTs in this one. Those are always really enjoyable. 

10th straight Caps 1st round game to be decided by 1 goal, 8 of which have been in OT

1 person likes this

can't win without Parise

2 people like this

Anyone ever heard of ORG Packaging?  Their ads (in Chinese too) are on the boards in most NHL arenas.  What's the deal?

I have no dog in this Was/Columbus fight, but after letting so much go in the last 20, they call a penalty now?  That's awful. 

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, dgreen said:

Just for fun, maybe we can go multiple OTs in this one. Those are always really enjoyable. 

Yay!

Well they can’t blame Holtby. Caps have more shots but Lumbus has had most of the best scoring chances, especially with Panarin just dominating. 

Jackets are better than they were in February when I saw them. 

HFS Fighting Buckys have 22 shots 13 minutes into 1st. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Well they can’t blame Holtby. Caps have more shots but Lumbus has had most of the best scoring chances, especially with Panarin just dominating. 

Jackets are better than they were in February when I saw them. 

The thick goal posts are helping tonight too :thumbup:.  Thought Ovi was gonna win it with that backhand, then the missed one timer ugh :rant:.  Slow team speed is still killing Caps in fast breaks.  They could have easily had a couple power plays but didn’t get the whistle.

1 minute ago, Doctor Detroit said:

HFS Fighting Buckys have 22 shots 13 minutes into 1st. 

:no:

You know what? I’m literally going to bed. If the Caps somehow pull out the win, I’ll be happy when I hear about it tomorrow. And if they lose I’ll just be glad not to have stayed up for another gutshot. So F this F’ing team and Good F’ing Night

3 people like this

tough game.  didn’t even play well and still very winnable.  I normally don’t like sitting on leads play but the Jets do it well and really put the clamps down with the lead and have not given up much in any 3rd in their wins.  Suter’s absence more glaring as the series goes on, especially with Spurgeon and Dumba not close to 100% (Dumba with a rough night) which is a shame because Seeler has emerged out of nowhere as a legit NHL player.  can’t hide that 3rd pairing though and again tonight they are pinned nearly every shift and can’t move the puck.  surprised Boudreau has yet to swap out Soucy.  great bounce back game from Hellebuyck.