Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Doctor Detroit

***Official 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs thread: Caps and Mystics to raise banners together in October. Congrats DC!!!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

:bag:

Thread title updated, only one with Ducks in it unless they win the next four.  :bye:

Edited by Doctor Detroit
  • Like 1

Just now, Doctor Detroit said:

Tread title updated, only one with Ducks in it unless they win the next four.  :bye:

:lmao:  Boudreau

• Like 2

@RattoNBCS: Sharks are in position to be first NHL team ever to clinch a playoff series on the Golf Channel.

• Like 5

@simmonssteve: Spotted at Pearson Airport this morning. NHL scoring leader @cmcdavid97 with Sabres captain Ryan O'Reilly and their jr GM Sherry Bassin at gate with flight to Saskatoon. #humboldtstrong

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Capella said:

Whoa just saw that Anaheim score. Holy balls. 

The Preds were on the verge of it being that bad

3 hours ago, JaxBill said:

@RattoNBCS: Sharks are in position to be first NHL team ever to clinch a playoff series on the Golf Channel.

Had it been the Caps, would have been perfect. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Thread title updated, only one with Ducks in it unless they win the next four.  :bye:

It is the Sharks.  Ducks have them just where they want them. 

• Like 2

Good news - Konecny promoted. Weal in lineup. 

Bad news - Konecny. Laughton out of position. Lindblom scratched.

@BroadStHockey: The Flyers forward lines for Game 4:

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Konecny-Patrick-Simmonds
Weal-Filppula-Raffl
Laughton-Lehtera-Read

9 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Well.........Guppies have experience with that

I am still confused why there was no hearing at all for Haula due to the butt end to the face he gave Kopitar.  Doughty gets a game for a play where he didn't target the head (DoPS stated as much) but Haula doesn't even get a hearing where he specifically looked and targeted the head with the butt end of his stick. 

Generally I wouldn't think it would be a suspension however based on what they gave a suspension for this should also be.  I know that is asking way too much for DoPS to be consistent.  I should know better.

1 hour ago, JaxBill said:

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Konecny-Patrick-Simmonds
Weal-Filppula-Raffl
Laughton-Lehtera-Read

Hornqvist out, Couturier hurt in practice

https://www.pensburgh.com/2018/4/17/17247084/penguins-flyers-series-lines-and-updates-kris-letang-injury-patric-hornqvist-sean-couturier-injury

Looks like Gudas took out Coots knee when they were running different drills simultaneously. 

Can we suspend him anyway?

@JamieApody: #BREAKING Our @6abc video of @NHLFlyers star Sean Couturier going DOWN at practice today after colliding with Radko Gudas. He limps off with the trainer. Claude Giroux told me "it didn't look good." So far no update from the #Flyers #NHLPlayoffs2018 #EarnTomorrow https://twitter.com/JamieApody/status/986318648313774081/video/1

• Like 1

ugh  fml

Michael Russo
(@RussoHockey)

Zach Parise will miss to six to eight weeks with a broken sternum. It happened on the last or second to last shift of Game 3. Huge blow, had goals in each of the three games of series. Tyler Ennis is in

5 minutes ago, mozzy84 said:

or second to last shift

hockey players are tough

unlike these guys

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Konecny-Patrick-Simmonds
Weal-Filppula-Raffl
Laughton-Lehtera-Read

Well at least he’s trying something. Still don’t understand why he wouldn’t put Konecny back with Giroux. Although it’s pointless now that Couturier looks done. But hey we get to see Giroux and Voracek pass to each other some more and no one shoot. :thumbup: 

• Like 1

sure I'd rather see Parise in the lineup and he's been scoring a lot lately but it's not that big of a loss.  few better around the net but he doesn't create much and other guys are capable of finishing in that spot.  they were going to need Nino, Zucker, and Coyle to step up at some point to win this series anyway.  Nino and Zucker have been invisible and Coyle has failed to finish on several grade A chances (nothing new there I guess).  this one is manageable and I was hoping to see Ennis in the lineup at some point anyway.  but none of the depth guys were coming out because Ek, Greenway, Winnik, even Foligno last game have all been good.  sure have had a lot of injuries this year, several of which were fluky plays.  weird season.

Myers is a much more significant loss and it looks like he's out as well.  speaking of, I think Boudreau should throw a fit and call for suspensions even though Parise was banged up on an innocuous play.  for shtick purposes, obviously.  Maurice has a good bit going.

interesting that the 2012 blockbuster signings will both be out of the lineup for this spot.  a little chance for some revisionist history...with like $15 mil in dead cap space of course. 

7 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

sure I'd rather see Parise in the lineup and he's been scoring a lot lately but it's not that big of a loss.  few better around the net but he doesn't create much and other guys are capable of finishing in that spot.  they were going to need Nino, Zucker, and Coyle to step up at some point to win this series anyway.  Nino and Zucker have been invisible and Coyle has failed to finish on several grade A chances (nothing new there I guess).  this one is manageable and I was hoping to see Ennis in the lineup at some point anyway.  but none of the depth guys were coming out because Ek, Greenway, Winnik, even Foligno last game have all been good.  sure have had a lot of injuries this year, several of which were fluky plays.  weird season.

Myers is a much more significant loss and it looks like he's out as well.  speaking of, I think Boudreau should throw a fit and call for suspensions even though Parise was banged up on an innocuous play.  for shtick purposes, obviously.  Maurice has a good bit going.

Whatever makes you feel better I guess, he's been playing awesome the last couple months. I would have like to see Ennis also but going from Parise to Ennis in the playoffs is a huge loss IMO

1 hour ago, mozzy84 said:

Whatever makes you feel better I guess, he's been playing awesome the last couple months. I would have like to see Ennis also but going from Parise to Ennis in the playoffs is a huge loss IMO

overreaction on the name.  its really not that devastating.  he’s been good but it’s not like they can’t replace his output and they’ve been doing it for the better part of two seasons. he’s still good at doing Parise stuff around the net but he’s not some game changer especially at this point in his career.  Suter is an irreplaceable loss, this is different.

its not like Ennis is replacing that role or even those minutes, he’s just taking the lineup spot.  this is about the younger core filling that void and they’re plenty capable.

Winnipeg has better depth to begin with but Myers is the bigger loss especially when they’re a bit thin there already.

The name? Seriously? The “name” has 31 points in 36 games. This is bad news for the club whether you admit it or not. Naturally if you score 4-6 goals he won’t be missed. That is unlikely. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

The name? Seriously? The “name” has 31 points in 36 games. This is bad news for the club whether you admit it or not. Naturally if you score 4-6 goals he won’t be missed. That is unlikely. 

lol.  yup, he’s the band aid holding it all together.  a 33 year old grinding winger.  

19 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

This is bad news for the club whether you admit it or not. 

pretty sure I’m not calling good news.  just find it odd what people think Parise is at this point or how the Wild are currently constructed.

18 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

lol.  yup, he’s the band aid holding it all together.  a 33 year old grinding winger.  

Yup, I said he was holding it all together. He isn’t the first, second or even third option. However, he plays the game different than everyone else on the roster. You are simply dismissing him like he doesn’t matter. I disagree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill Brasky said:

He’s one of the leaders on the team and they are trying to claw back in this series, it’s a big loss weather you like him or not.  No one said hes the man that’s holds the team together, but he is one of the main guys 33 years old or not.  

• Like 1

Caps have a two goal lead. Live bettors need to pile on Lumbus. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Terrible ending to the first. No 5-3 and then give up a goal. Blah. 

Ridiculously blatant cross-check to the head of Staal in the slot on a PP. Even culprit Morrissey was looking around for a call. I can’t believe Staal isn’t concussed. The refs go from not calling anything the first two game, to calling everything and then some in game three, and now this bs. C’mon man.

• Like 2

A huge problem the Wild has is, they will have no answer to Morrissey’s cheap shot and Byfuglien will continue to do what Byfuglien does and they don’t have anyone that can do anything about it. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Caps have a two goal lead. Live bettors need to pile on Lumbus. 

And as soon as you post  it they lose one of the goals.  :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Rock said:

Ridiculously blatant cross-check to the head of Staal in the slot on a PP. Even culprit Morrissey was looking around for a call. I can’t believe Staal isn’t concussed. The refs go from not calling anything the first two game, to calling everything and then some in game three, and now this bs. C’mon man.

He definitely could be. He didn’t look right even after getting back to the bench. 

6 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

He definitely could be. He didn’t look right even after getting back to the bench. 

I agree. He might not be out for the next period. :rant:

Just now, Johnny Rock said:

I agree. He might not be out for the next period. :rant:

Doesn’t matter. He’s 33. 

No wonder Patrick Kane was so pissed they traded Panarin. 

• Like 1

I legit just want this loss to come in regulation to save the time and heartburn of overtime 

Caps in a playoff overtime game.  I wonder what will happen?????

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, The_Man said:

I legit just want this loss to come in regulation to save the time and heartburn of overtime 

Yeah, F this nonsense. 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Caps in a playoff overtime game.  I wonder what will happen?????

At least it's an away game and the Caps fans don't have to worry about what time the Metro stops running

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

At least it's an away game and the Caps fans don't have to worry about what time the Metro stops running

I was at the Nats game during game 1 and was watching the score just to make sure I didn't get into that mess with two games letting out at same time. 

10th straight Caps 1st round game to be decided by 1 goal, 8 of which have been in OT

• Like 1