Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Doctor Detroit

***Official 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs thread: Caps and Mystics to raise banners together in October. Congrats DC!!!!!!!

Anyone ever heard of ORG Packaging?  Their ads (in Chinese too) are on the boards in most NHL arenas.  What's the deal?

I have no dog in this Was/Columbus fight, but after letting so much go in the last 20, they call a penalty now?  That's awful. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dgreen said:

Just for fun, maybe we can go multiple OTs in this one. Those are always really enjoyable. 

Yay!

Well they can’t blame Holtby. Caps have more shots but Lumbus has had most of the best scoring chances, especially with Panarin just dominating. 

Jackets are better than they were in February when I saw them. 

HFS Fighting Buckys have 22 shots 13 minutes into 1st. 

1 minute ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Well they can’t blame Holtby. Caps have more shots but Lumbus has had most of the best scoring chances, especially with Panarin just dominating. 

Jackets are better than they were in February when I saw them. 

The thick goal posts are helping tonight too :thumbup:.  Thought Ovi was gonna win it with that backhand, then the missed one timer ugh :rant:.  Slow team speed is still killing Caps in fast breaks.  They could have easily had a couple power plays but didn’t get the whistle.

You know what? I’m literally going to bed. If the Caps somehow pull out the win, I’ll be happy when I hear about it tomorrow. And if they lose I’ll just be glad not to have stayed up for another gutshot. So F this F’ing team and Good F’ing Night

• Like 3

tough game.  didn’t even play well and still very winnable.  I normally don’t like sitting on leads play but the Jets do it well and really put the clamps down with the lead and have not given up much in any 3rd in their wins.  Suter’s absence more glaring as the series goes on, especially with Spurgeon and Dumba not close to 100% (Dumba with a rough night) which is a shame because Seeler has emerged out of nowhere as a legit NHL player.  can’t hide that 3rd pairing though and again tonight they are pinned nearly every shift and can’t move the puck.  surprised Boudreau has yet to swap out Soucy.  great bounce back game from Hellebuyck.

4 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

:no:

The drop down said 22, I see its 12. 

2 hours ago, mozzy84 said:

He’s one of the leaders on the team and they are trying to claw back in this series, it’s a big loss weather you like him or not.  No one said hes the man that’s holds the team together, but he is one of the main guys 33 years old or not.  

who says I don’t like him? fine player. they score by committe.  plenty of vets current and former captains in that room.  you guys need to take the fatheads down over your bed.  geeze.

Great game!  Holtby came up big, very fitting Eller scored the game winner he was flying around the ice all night.

• Like 2

JK still awake. 

Literally didn’t celebrate tho because I thought they’d call it back for something

Eller was great all night and deserved that one. Would also be nice if Holtby really has found himself 

• Like 3

@The_Man needs to just go to bed when Caps take two goal lead. They might win the cup. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dschuler said:

Great game!  Holtby came up big, very fitting Eller scored the game winner he was flying around the ice all night.

Yeah Eller did play well. I think his name was called most among Caps tonight. 

• Like 1

Patrick Sharp could put a methhead to sleep. :sleep:

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Doctor Detroit said:

@The_Man needs to just go to bed when Caps take two goal lead. They might win the cup. 

Do not seek the treasure! It's a bushwhack!

18 minutes ago, tom22406 said:

I'm not gonna lie I fully expected them to lose that game

I still fully expect them to lose the series. In game 7. At home. In some new way that we’ve never seen before. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dgreen said:

I still fully expect them to lose the series. In game 7. At home. In some new way that we’ve never seen before. 

Seventh OT, delayed penalty on Lumbus and Orpik misses Ovie's pass back to the point and it slides down the ice into an empty net.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

best 2 goalies in the playoffs in this series probably

Sweeping playoff-form Quick seems like a bit of a statement.

all the quotes out of the Wild locker room were about the missed call on Staal, including Boudreau who said it cost them the game.  not a good look, even if it's just posturing to get calls in game 5.  not a good sign to be that rattled and unable to get past it.

Edited by Bill Brasky

Zucker, Coyle, and Nino still without a point in the series.  Zucker, a shooter, didn't even have a shot last night.  Staal had a good G3, like most of the team, but has otherwise been MIA.  like I said yesterday, this is way more about the guys not doing anything than one injury to their top 6.  starts on the back end though and they're hanging by a thread there.

2 hours ago, hagmania said:

Sweeping playoff-form Quick seems like a bit of a statement.

All the games should have been 4 or 5 goal games for Vegas.  I would say of the 7 total goals given up in the series only 1 goal should have been stopped.  The other 6 were unstoppable and no fault of Quick. 

The fact the Kings could only put up 3 goals in 4 games doesn't change the fact that Quick played outstanding.

• Like 1

Quick's 1.55 GAA and .947 SP were the best ever for a goalie who was swept in a four-game series, per Hockey Reference.

Take away the two goals in 21 seconds Vegas scored late in Game 3 and his GAA was 1.11. :shock:

• Like 3

Also, the Kings were the 11th team to score as few as three goals in a postseason (not just one series) of at least four games, although Chicago did it last year against Nashville.

Amazingly the Flyers scored just two goals in five games in 2002 against Ottawa and Patrick Lalime. They won Game 1 in OT 1-0, which means they scored one regulation goal in five games ... Lost three straight games 3-0, then 2-1 in OT in Game 5.

Edited by Dickie Dunn

6 minutes ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Also, the Kings were the 11th team to score as few as three goals in a postseason (not just one series) of at least four games, although Chicago did it last year against Nashville.

Amazingly the Flyers scored just two goals in five games in 2002 against Ottawa and Patrick Lalime. They won Game 1 in OT 1-0, which means they scored one regulation goal in five games ... Lost three straight games 3-0, then 2-1 in OT in Game 5.

What's the record?

14 hours ago, tom22406 said:

I'm not gonna lie I fully expected them to lose that game

Totally.  After watching the first two, I sat this one out completely.  Checked the score after 1 OT, wanted to watch, but was afraid to.  Given my strong belief in superstition, I probably won't watch the next game either...

9 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

What's the record?

Good call. The Wilds had one goal in a four-game sweep by the Ducks in '03. I couldn't figure out how to show that on Hockey Reference because I couldn't get it to do a single series rather than an entire postseason.

That Sens-Flyers is the record for five games.

The Bruins are on opposite ends of the other two records ... Outscored 17-5 in six games by the Leafs in '51, then outscored the Canucks 22-8 in the 2011 SC Finals. :thumbup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Good call. The Wilds had one goal in a four-game sweep by the Ducks in '03. I couldn't figure out how to show that on Hockey Reference because I couldn't get it to do a single series rather than an entire postseason.

no Parise IMO

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Good call. The Wilds had one goal in a four-game sweep by the Ducks in '03.

Maybe the current Quacks should bring some of those guys back to stop the sieve of a defense now employed.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gally said:

Maybe the current Quacks should bring some of those guys back to stop the sieve of a defense now employed.....

might be able to get Giguere’s pads out of retirement if they were legal

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JuniorGong said:

Is there a reason why the Bruins/Leafs have two days off between games?

Yeah, this is strange to me as it's not like they are traveling to a new city. Not sure if I like that it gives the Leafs more time to prep or it robs them of momentum gained on home ice.

We'll see if the Ducks have any fight in them left. Looking forward to the Pens/Flyers and will be rooting for the Devs to pull off an upset in that series.The team reminds me a lot of the Leafs last year.

22 hours ago, mozzy84 said:

ugh  fml

Having had my sternum broken for open heart surgery, I can only imagine what that might feel like without drugs; however, I'd rather not.

14 hours ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Flames fired Gulutzan but Oilers keep their coach? Crazy. 

Wait til they hire Bill Peters.

I'm guessing TV is driving it. HNIC surely wanted the Leafs on both Saturdays, so there would need to be a two-day break sometime this week either between 3-4 or 4-5.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Yeah, this is strange to me as it's not like they are traveling to a new city. Not sure if I like that it gives the Leafs more time to prep or it robs them of momentum gained on home ice.

We'll see if the Ducks have any fight in them left. Looking forward to the Pens/Flyers and will be rooting for the Devs to pull off an upset in that series.The team reminds me a lot of the Leafs last year.

Pens/Flyers back up tonight after 2 days off - between games in Philly. IIRC, the Pens actually went back to the Burgh after game 3.

NHL Network radio just pronounced the Elias Sports Bureau like Patrik Elias. :lmao:

• Like 1