What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 2018 Stanley Cup playoffs thread: Caps and Mystics to raise banners together in October. Congrats DC!!!!!!! (2 Viewers)

Caps fans> what are your thoughts on the likelihood of guys like Carlson and Trotz sticking around?

Carlson seems like he's in a perfect spot to cash in on a career year and the Caps may not have enough space to fit him in, but it would be tough to lose him after the guys they lost last year so I assume they do whatever they have to do to keep him.

Capitals have a coach in waiting in Todd Reirden, who they blocked from interviewing last year. Assumption was that he would take over for Trotz following this season, but does the Cup win change that plan?
Trotz will be here if he wants to be - but I do think if he decides to stay on anything except a 1-year deal (which won't happen), we lose Reirden.  Teams wanted to interview Reirden last year and we said no.  It's not fair to him to keep blocking him if Trotz is back.  I'm OK with the coaching situation either way honestly.  I'd prefer Trotz stay as I think he's a solid coach, but I think Reirden is HC material.  It'll hurt the team some either way.

Re. Carlson - I've heard that if the cap is on the high-side of the range, they may be able to keep him.  If it's on the low side, it's going to be really tough.  I think you have to do whatever you can to keep him.  I think part of why they let Alzner go last year without much fuss was they knew Carlson's contract was coming up.  If he goes, his replacement on the power play would probably be Niskanen, or maybe Orlov - but neither is even close to Carlson IMO.

Fun fact: So they introduced Jay Beagle today and said he’s the only player to ever win championships in the ECHL, AHL, and NHL. 

The Washington Capitals are having their Stanley Cup parade today but they also took out a full page ad in the Las Vegas Review-Journal to congratulate the Vegas Golden Knights "on the most successful inaugural season in the history of professional sports." https://t.co/zi2lHIOpcU

I know they do - I've seen pictures.  My challenge is I'm in NJ and getting down to DC can be tough with kids, work, etc.

I just found a team signed jersey on a sports memorabilia site.  I found a few, but only one that had ALL the signatures.  I just ordered it.  $1,500...I'm less worried about the price than the risk that they don't update their inventory well and somebody already bought it but the site didn't update.  We'll see I guess.
Finally got the jersey on Saturday after having FedEx hold it while I was on vacation.  It's spectacular.  It's got the full team, plus the healthy scratch guys, and GM McClellan.  No Trotz is about the only draw-back.  Black Sharpie on a nice white authentic Ovie jersey with COA including a sheet that identifies each signature.

Now I have to figure out how to frame this thing - I was just going to buy a basic jersey shadow-box, but my wife is telling me to get it custom-framed so down the line the kids won't be tempted to mess with it.

Users who are viewing this thread