What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty trade info (1 Viewer)

steelcityman

Footballguy
12 team, PPR, flex league.  We've been in 3 years have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place finishes to show for it so far.

Our startup #1 pick(2nd overall) was L. Bell.  

We are looking to trade Bell as kind of a rebuild process.  We drafted older guys in the startup, and after 3 more seasons, their careers are starting to wind down.

Would any of you entertain Bell for Dalvin Cook and a 1st rd pick(top 5), if you had a good team and 9 picks in a 5rd rookie draft?

We are getting any reply and dont know if its because dude is thinking it over, or is insulted.  

Seems like a pretty fair ask to me. If 4 of those picks are in rds 1-2 then I probably take bell if my team is already looking like a playoff team. Cook and whatever rb you could get in rd 1 would also  be helpful for a contender, so if that pick would replace the current flex starter and could outproduce the difference between bell and cook I could see passing. I wouldn’t be offended though for an opening offer. Probably just inactive or wants to see where people land before moving a top 5 pick. 

yes, I think he has 2 picks in each rd 1-4, and one in the 5th.

My only fear, if we end up with pick 4, is having a question of who to draft(Barkley, Guice, Michel are my top 3).

I think it is a fair offer but I would probably want more in return being the Bell owner.  He hasn't shown any signs of slowing down (although that could happen quickly) and I think he has at least 2 more years of elite production.

For as good as Cook looked, he only played 4 games and had a major knee injury.  There is quite a bit of risk in acquiring him.  If all goes well and he is what he showed in 4 games then this is a nice deal to give up Bell.  I believe Cook is the real deal however he is a lot bigger risk than keeping Bell.   It's easy to get the trade itch and minimize risk in the players you are getting in return.  Cook is not a for sure thing at this point. 

I wouldn't be insulted. Even dynasty players can be slow to respond during the offseason. 

I personally would not move Bell right now. He is only 26 and has a few more years left in him. He is also going into a contract year. He wants to be the highest paid running back in the league, and he doesn't care what team it is with. Cook showed well in those first 4 games, but it is a very small sample size. It is also very hard to land a first-round pick who has as much success as Cook, Hunt, or Kamara. 

I see you trading a for sure top rb talent for a chance at young unproven talents. Barkley, Guice, Michel, Chubb, johnson, freeman could all have great success if they land in the right scheme. If they don't you gave up Bell for Cook and a dynasty stash. 

You mentioned drafting older guys in the startup. I would consider some of those older startup drafts before moving Bell. If you arent on a deadline to make this trade, wait until the draft is done. You will have a better idea of who you can take at 1.04 if you decide you still want to move Bell. 

We are in no hurry, I was just going over rosters, younger RBs with some come up in them, Cook and the fact dude has all those picks made him seem logical.

If I can get Cook and a good WR that might be better than messing around with all the picks.

Ya never know.

Went ahead and offered Bell for cook 1.04 and 2.04 again.  Maybe the real draft will have dude interested in our league/offer.  

Users who are viewing this thread