Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
squistion

Dynasty: WR James Washington, Steelers

James Washington caught 3-of-4 targets for 65 yards in the Steelers' Week 15 win over the Patriots.

A healthy scratch as recently as two weeks ago, Washington rebounded by setting new career highs in both receptions and yards in this must-win game. His play of the day was a 32-yard catch down the right sideline where he beat sticky coverage from Jason McCourty. The rookie will try to provide big plays for the Steelers down the stretch and in the postseason.

Dec 16 - 8:08 PM

Amazing that with the Antonio Brown saga making it more and more likely he isn't on the Steelers next year that the James Washington thread hasn't received one bump.

Looks like the reason he hasn't been more hyped in the past is because of AB & Juju blocking him.  Steelers are a WR factory and while I'm sure they bring someone else in through FA or draft, it looks like Washington would have a huge opportunity.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, djmich said:

Amazing that with the Antonio Brown saga making it more and more likely he isn't on the Steelers next year that the James Washington thread hasn't received one bump.

Looks like the reason he hasn't been more hyped in the past is because of AB & Juju blocking him.  Steelers are a WR factory and while I'm sure they bring someone else in through FA or draft, it looks like Washington would have a huge opportunity.

Washington was considered by many to be the wr1 in this class. Stock soured on him due to his landing spot and he was thought of as a very long term investment. 

It's an almost certainty that AB is gone. Washington gets a HUGE bump. A massive number of targets that have to go somewhere

2019 is going to be a big year for Washington. Glad I own him everywhere. 

I was actually considering shopping him as I need some immediate help at wr for 2019. Hes off my trade block now and I'm super excited about his potential. I'm guessing once AB is traded I'll get a number of offers for him in all of ly leagues. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

Washington was considered by many to be the wr1 in this class. Stock soured on him due to his landing spot and he was thought of as a very long term investment. 

It's an almost certainty that AB is gone. Washington gets a HUGE bump. A massive number of targets that have to go somewhere

2019 is going to be a big year for Washington. Glad I own him everywhere. 

I was actually considering shopping him as I need some immediate help at wr for 2019. Hes off my trade block now and I'm super excited about his potential. I'm guessing once AB is traded I'll get a number of offers for him in all of ly leagues. 

I like Washington also, but there was a serous lack of chemistry with Ben.

Just now, JohnnyU said:

yeah I'm curious how that works out with an entire off season. You're right though. 

I'm actually more excited for if/when Rudolph takes over. those 2 have excellent chemistry. 

23 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Yeah, it's not there. Eli Rogers, even Hunter, stepped right in to have chemistry. Maybe he's all in-sync with Rudolph or Dobbs and that bothers Ben somehow? I don't know

Washington is more possession type, slot WR guy. The Steelers haven't had many (any?) of those during Big Ben's time. Their WRs are usually big and fast and can always maybe hit a homerun. Maybe it's just a bad match?

On 1/13/2019 at 11:56 AM, Dr. Dan said:

Washington was considered by many to be the wr1 in this class.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:42 AM, Dr. Dan said:

Washington was considered by at least one source I read to be the top wr prospect in this class prior to the draft.

Did you just keep reading the same glowing report over and over again?

2 hours ago, tangfoot said:

Did you just keep reading the same glowing report over and over again?

funny guy. no. the fact didnt change from last august until January. 

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion

2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

funny guy. no. the fact didnt change from last august until January. 

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion

Me pointing out that you are contributing bull#### is very valuable.  It reminds others to take everything you spout with a grain of salt.

If you would like to rebuff what I said, please tell us some of the "many" sources who ranked him as the best WR in this class.

Edited by tangfoot
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

Me pointing out that you are contributing bull#### is very valuable.  It reminds others to take everything you spout with a grain of salt.

If you would like to rebuff what I said, please tell us some of the "many" sources who ranked him as the best WR in this class.

not worth it when you come at me with such negativity. keep being excellent, sir. 

blocked

Edited by Dr. Dan

23 hours ago, Bri said:

Yeah, it's not there. Eli Rogers, even Hunter, stepped right in to have chemistry. Maybe he's all in-sync with Rudolph or Dobbs and that bothers Ben somehow? I don't know

Washington is more possession type, slot WR guy. The Steelers haven't had many (any?) of those during Big Ben's time. Their WRs are usually big and fast and can always maybe hit a homerun. Maybe it's just a bad match?

I don’t see Washington as a possession slot type - his college game was a deep big play guy, which is why I thought he’d be a good fit in Pittsburgh.

ETA: Eli Rogers is a slot guy - he did pretty well there a few years back before his injury.

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I don’t see Washington as a possession slot type - his college game was a deep big play guy, which is why I thought he’d be a good fit in Pittsburgh.

ETA: Eli Rogers is a slot guy - he did pretty well there a few years back before his injury.

Agreed... so is Ryan Switzer who should still be under contract.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tangfoot said:

If you disagree with something, say so. And the other person can say what they think and why. But please dial down the accusations like this. Thanks. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Joe Bryant said:

If you disagree with something, say so. And the other person can say what they think and why. But please dial down the accusations like this. Thanks. 

He's allowed to completely dismiss the fact that I pointed out his Fake News declaration of "300 hamburgers, 1000 hamburgers, over 1000 hamburgers" but I'm over the line for pointing it out for what it is?

I quoted his previous declarations and the farce that they are.  That makes me both the one who's being negative and subject to a talking to from the teacher?

Man it's quiet on this guy after the Brown trade. You would think the consensus top WR from last year's draft (sorry @tangfoot:D) would be getting more love here after a whole bunch of targets became available.

I think the Steelers are likely to pass a good deal less in 2019 than in 2018, but if Washington does indeed enter 2019 as a starter he should be very relevant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jtd13 said:

Man it's quiet on this guy after the Brown trade. You would think the consensus top WR from last year's draft (sorry @tangfoot:D) would be getting more love here after a whole bunch of targets became available.

I think the Steelers are likely to pass a good deal less in 2019 than in 2018, but if Washington does indeed enter 2019 as a starter he should be very relevant.

careful. dont want him to get triggered. 

• Laughing 1

Steelers-By-Position: WRs

Excerpt:

Hopes remain high for Washington. He’s a serious professional who worked consistently hard at practices all the way back to OTAs and training camp, and he made a number of big plays and nice catches in practices to indicate he’s capable of much more than he showed during his rookie season. 

Here’s the thing.  He and Ben had no chemistry last year, but Washington has talent and could very easily  prove to be a very good #2.  He was awesome in college and that didn’t just disappear.  If he and Ben get on the same page he will be a breakout WR this year.

• Like 2