What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 Trade "throw ins" (1 Viewer)

Dismattle

Footballguy
So you almost have a trade completed!  But it lacks some balance  Hopefully the trade is w/ a good team which has some nice bn player potential   What players should be on your mind?  I'm stating that Jeremy Hill might be such a player  (No not to increase his trade value for my Team)  The guy averaged over 5 yards per carry his Rookie yr   As much as I realize the potential for being cut ( $150K guaranteed)  Everybody knows Coach Belichick thirsts for Veterans and Hill is a versatile back  I don't much care to sound ignorant but if Chicago had signed the player it wouldn't shock me to see a lot of hype  Reports of "soft hands" coinciding w 4.6 speed for a back at 235lbs who hasn't fumbled since 2015 

So yeah whose that player you hope to have just kicked in to satisfy depth purposes??

//Edited for signing monies

Last edited by a moderator:
Danny Amendola...Landry is gone and if he can stay on the field (a big if) he could end up with a solid PPR total...throw Kenny Stills into this mix as well...I can't believe he will only be 26 this month...

Trent Taylor-if the Niners don't add a high draft pick there is a possibility he could get some decent receptions this year...

Demarco Murray-appears he is in the background and will resurface after the draft...could land in a spot that puts him in a position to succeed...

I don't much care to sound ignorant but if Chicago had signed the player it wouldn't shock me to see a lot of hype 
Hill?  huh?  What kind of niche role would he cut out for himself between Howard and Cohen that you think people would be hyped for? 

Randall Cobb seems like a guy that you could get for almost nothing as a guy tacked on in a trade.  Jordy is gone and he'll only be 28.

cockroach said:
Hill?  huh?  What kind of niche role would he cut out for himself between Howard and Cohen that you think people would be hyped for? 

Randall Cobb seems like a guy that you could get for almost nothing as a guy tacked on in a trade.  Jordy is gone and he'll only be 28.
Agreed.  Had he went to Detroit he'd be getting some buzz but not Chicago. 

As for a cheap throw in, in a deeper league Brice Butler could take advantage of the wide open situation there in Arizona unless they draft a top talent.

Boston said:
Trent Taylor-if the Niners don't add a high draft pick there is a possibility he could get some decent receptions this year...
I like Trent Taylor, though I do think the 9ers add a WR in the first two or three rounds.

Allen Hurns is a guy I'm intrigued by in Dallas.

cockroach said:

Good point  Guess if you trying to sell the run to a DC on 3rd down  Chance Hill is able to pass block a bit more than Cohen  Believe you may be right on Cobb's call

I like Trent Taylor, though I do think the 9ers add a WR in the first two or three rounds.
Gotta believe they do...they need another weapon there...that being said if they go the off-season without adding a legit FA or using their #1 on a WR that gives Taylor an opening for the upcoming season...going into the offseason I thought they would be adding a FA like Watkins or ARob...

Carlos Henderson, Chad Williams, John Brown

Peyton Barber, Orleans Darkwa, Spencer Ware

Gerald Everett, Stephen Anderson

I have Taylor, Allison, Butler, C. Henderson and John Brown on a single dynasty team.  I'm going to rename my team the Throw-Ins. 

Would also add Ty and Jonathan Williams.

I have Taylor, Allison, Butler, C. Henderson and John Brown on a single dynasty team.  I'm going to rename my team the Throw-Ins. 

Would also add Ty and Jonathan Williams.
I'm wrong a lot which is why I try not to be too quick to post  But I believe John Brown should maybe be on the list  Yes there is Crabtree and questions on the line  However, Brown fits my criteria for a WR w/ a Season over 750 yds within his first three yrs  Smokey could be set for some TD's!

Don't believe anyone's touched on QBs yet. 

In larger 1-QB leagues, Tyrod and Bridgewater. Neither are likely to put up QB1 numbers, but they're both capable of it when healthy, and due to current situation their values are at "throw-in" levels. Nick Foles fits this bill as well, although due to recency bias you're unlikely to get him at a discount.

In 2-QB leagues (where all current starters are generally rostered), Davis Webb would be a big-time target, with my reigning namesake Chad Kelly another intriguing option.

A lot of these names have already been mentioned. Some late-round startup picks or trade throw-in guys I like: 

Austin Ekeler, Corey Clement, Corey Grant, James White, Tyler Lockett, Albert Wilson, Chad Williams, Ryan Switzer, Chester Rogers, Nick Vannett, Stephen Anderson, Ricky Seals-Jones. 

I recommend checking the patience of the Jonnu Smith owner. I've seen him in a couple deals where I guess they think Delanie will play forever...idk but ya might throw him in and see if someone bites on a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread