What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 PDSL 1 (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/52750#0

We've got two weeks to get this done.

20 roster spots, 9 starters (flex is in play at RB/WR/TE)

password is fbgpdsl1

Login in as commish and then use the franchise info function to enter your e-mail.

1.011.Mr. IrrelevantWaiting On Mr. Irrelevant For The Next Pick 

1.022.Crippler  

1.033.Norseman  

1.044.Rudy  

1.055.Arron Rudnicki  

1.066.Shadowfax  

1.077.Duckboy  

1.088.Bro1ncos  

1.099.Ryheaps  

1.1010.Comet  

1.1111.Oz  

1.1212.Fullback Fro  

1.1313.Shadowfax  

1.1414.Bassnbrew  

1.1515.Stinkin Ref  

1.1616.Stephan Holloway

We'll need a pace of 24 picks a day.  Please use the pre-draft function if you aren't going to be around.  If you timer expires you clock will be cut in half.

Are starters as follows?

QB 1, RB 2, WR 3, TE 1, PK 1, DST 1

if so, that is 9, so where is the flex?

We'll need a pace of 24 picks a day.  Please use the pre-draft function if you aren't going to be around.  If you timer expires you clock will be cut in half.
Magic 8 ball is telling me "It's not likely" that you guys are going to make it...

I'm at a loss how to add the rookies.  I've messed with three different settings.  Even killed the draft and started over since rookies weren't originally on.  That didn't work.  Shadow's clock reset during that attempt, but he went on the clock at 8:44.

help if you can....

Looks like we can't draft free agents. That's probably not a problem but maybe that's effecting rookies?

But I don't see how to fix that issue either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at a loss how to add the rookies.  I've messed with three different settings.  Even killed the draft and started over since rookies weren't originally on.  That didn't work.  Shadow's clock reset during that attempt, but he went on the clock at 8:44.

help if you can....
Found it and fixed it. In typical MFL fashion, it's buried 5 levels deep in a menu with an unrelated title, and I only found a link to it when I clicked a totally different topic.

But we should be good to go now.

ETA: For future reference, it's under "Setup" > "Appearance Setup" > "Reports and Security Settings" > "Display NFL free agents on fantasy free agent lists?" Because of course it is.

Can someone give me the steps to link my team?
You  have to "Link Franchise", link the Commissioner to your login using BnB's password above, then go to Franchise Setup under Commish settings, create your own team's access code, then unlink as commissioner, click "Link Franchise" again, then select the "Comet" franchise and enter that access code you just created. I think that's everything. I may have left out a step or two.

I've been playing on MFL for 6-7 years now and I swear to God they somehow manage to make this process less intuitive every season.

Kareem  Hunt is my pick. If someone could put it in that would be great. I'll keep trying to figure this out. 

How many picks per day do we need to average now? 
290 / 11 days. 

We could probably just accept that the last few rounds will be after the draft.

Maybe embrace that. Why not do as many rounds as possible before the draft but make sure we end at the start of an even round.

Pause during the draft. This gives the late picking teams a slight post draft advantage but that makes up for the early picks having more value. 

I just took Thielen and Baldwin at the 2/3 turn, and was taken to my roster page where it shows my team has Gurley, Thielen, Baldwin ... and Russell Wilson.

No idea how that happened or where he came from. I'm gonna go in as Commissioner and try to pull him off but, man, that's weird.

I just took Thielen and Baldwin at the 2/3 turn, and was taken to my roster page where it shows my team has Gurley, Thielen, Baldwin ... and Russell Wilson.

No idea how that happened or where he came from. I'm gonna go in as Commissioner and try to pull him off but, man, that's weird.
When I reset the draft on Thursday I didn’t set the timer to be off at night, so you timed out and got Wilson based on highest Adp. I reverted the draft this morning to fix that and it said Wilson was going back into the pool.  

Mr. Irrelevant said:

Sweet start, two WRs, top RB and high QB and all I have is a couple WRs

Mr. Irrelevant said:

Baldwin/Wilson are a package deal.

RB - 4.1 D. Guice RB19, Rookie FA

WR- 1.16 Michael Thomas WR4 , NO and 2.1 Julio Jones WR5 ATL -- these two guys were #2 and #4 in targets in 2017

TE - 3.16 Delanie Walker TE10 TEN -- FBG rank at TE5 or TE6 in each of the three previous seasons

With 16 team survivors, it is important early to get solid players across all positions. Think that these four check that box.

-OZ- said:
290 / 11 days. 

We could probably just accept that the last few rounds will be after the draft.

Maybe embrace that. Why not do as many rounds as possible before the draft but make sure we end at the start of an even round.

Pause during the draft. This gives the late picking teams a slight post draft advantage but that makes up for the early picks having more value. 
Probably revisit later when we determine for sure that we will not complete prior to the beginning of the NFL Draft next Thursday night, only 10 days away. I agree with the idea of stopping the draft at the end of whatever round we are on Wednesday morning. Unless we pick up the pace drastically and begin to complete two rounds per day and we could stop at the end of whatever round begins on Thursday.

@BassNBrewany concern over the  possibility of CJ Anderson signing in Miami?
Yeah, maybe bad pick.  Have to assume that Miami comes to their senses and realizes you don't blow that much $ on Gore and Anderson when you just had to get rid of your best two players for cap reasons.  Drake is at just $700K and $800K the next two years.  RB is going to be ugly this year, tons of talent stacking up the the league.

Really wanted Gruice but knew Ref would draft Gordon.

1.11 Barkley, Saquon FA - arguably taking some unnecessary risk in the first but he can light it up as a rookie. Strongly considered fournette here, not really regretting it yet but in a couple weeks I might.

2.06 Green, A.J. CIN WR - honestly I don't know that I've ever owned him in any league. But he's good value here imo.  Considered Adams but not that long.

3.11 Robinson, Allen CHI WR - this seems like an ugly part of the draft, didn't really like any of the options here but arob should bounce back. I think. 

4.06 Henry, Derrick TEN RB - possibly my hardest choice. I'm a Titans fan but have no idea what the running game will look like. Strongly considered Watson but a sophomore slump and some injury concerns / kept me from taking him. 

Don't love it yet... 

1.15 Travis Kelce TE KC

2.02 Rob Gronkowski TE NE

so when the flex was added and my draft spot is at the end...(which it feels like it has been in most of these for some reason)....this seemed like a viable strategy so began this draft like I did the last one with Kelce/Gronk....had SH taken Gronk with one of his picks I still may have gone with a Kelce/Ertz combo...gonna ride the 2 PPR TE thing....flex should be locked up one way or the other most weeks between these two...

3.15 Ashton Jeffrey WR PHI

4.02 Larry Fitzgerald WR TEN

not real sure what to think about the RB’s that were left and still have to start 3 WR in this format so doubled up here...seemed like RB’s went a little earlier in this draft...this should be a pretty decent 1-2 combo at the top....have always liked Fitz even though I have never owned him a bunch, but the one thing you can say is that if he decides he is going to play he is a pros pro and will give you everything he has....I see Bradford loving him sum Fitz...

Is the clock on?   I got clocked on an overnight and figured that was the rule...

At least I'll have ONE share of Mike Evans this season :bag:
tough delay here in the heart of the day with most people at least probably able to check in over lunch or whatever at some point...five rounds in there shouldn't be many excuses especially when we know we are trying to expedite this...

ryheaps and everybody else...please set it up to get notifications of when you go otc...

correct me if I am wrong but @BassNBrew in the sign up post, indicated this was going to be a 4 hour clock from the get go....I might make a pick for ryheaps and then he can go back in and switch it when he check in...

Is the clock on?   I got clocked on an overnight and figured that was the rule...

At least I'll have ONE share of Mike Evans this season :bag:
I apologize Reaper.  I restarted the draft in an attempt to get the rookies included.  When I did that it automatically cleared the clock off between midnite and 8 function so you were timed out when your shouldn't have.  Wish you had said something sooner so I could have fixed that.  If you want to drop Evans for another player currently available I'll be glad to do that.  :bag:

If Evans gets dropped, I'll take him ;)

With the 5th and 6th I decided to hit the infirmary.  Luck and Reed will be studs when / if they play. :oldunsure:

So far this team is among the riskiest I've drafted.  Rookie first round pick, 3 guys coming off injury, a back in a timeshare I'm not sure how will pan out.  AJ Green should be solid.   :scared:

Hey guys, I don't know what happened. I'm pretty certain I had four pre drafts in with 3 picks in front of me, but something must have been wrong. Have been trying to stay on top of things and get predrafts in, but had meetings all day today with no access. Will be more careful on picks rest of the way. 

Hey guys, I don't know what happened. I'm pretty certain I had four pre drafts in with 3 picks in front of me, but something must have been wrong. Have been trying to stay on top of things and get predrafts in, but had meetings all day today with no access. Will be more careful on picks rest of the way. 
Fro and Ref had pre-drafts yesterday at one point in time yesterday that ended up going away.  Maybe they can chime in and let us know if there weren't enough or they pulled them later.  

BassNBrew said:
I apologize Reaper.  I restarted the draft in an attempt to get the rookies included.  When I did that it automatically cleared the clock off between midnite and 8 function so you were timed out when your shouldn't have.  Wish you had said something sooner so I could have fixed that.  If you want to drop Evans for another player currently available I'll be glad to do that.  :bag:

All good.... I guess it could have been worse then maybe I would have asked..... I'm a fan of a quicker draft over getting my exact players....

Users who are viewing this thread