Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BassNBrew

2018 PDSL 1

92 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

@ryheaps heads up that you are up.  I thought I saw you had a pre-draft in last night.

Is the clock on?   I got clocked on an overnight and figured that was the rule...

At least I'll have ONE share of Mike Evans this season :bag:

19 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Is the clock on?   I got clocked on an overnight and figured that was the rule...

tough delay here in the heart of the day with most people at least probably able to check in over lunch or whatever at some point...five rounds in there shouldn't be many excuses especially when we know we are trying to expedite this...

ryheaps and everybody else...please set it up to get notifications of when you go otc...

1 person likes this

correct me if I am wrong but @BassNBrew in the sign up post, indicated this was going to be a 4 hour clock from the get go....I might make a pick for ryheaps and then he can go back in and switch it when he check in...

2 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

correct me if I am wrong but @BassNBrew in the sign up post, indicated this was going to be a 4 hour clock from the get go....I might make a pick for ryheaps and then he can go back in and switch it when he check in...

You are correct, just switched it to four.

2 hours ago, Reaper said:

I apologize Reaper.  I restarted the draft in an attempt to get the rookies included.  When I did that it automatically cleared the clock off between midnite and 8 function so you were timed out when your shouldn't have.  Wish you had said something sooner so I could have fixed that.  If you want to drop Evans for another player currently available I'll be glad to do that. :bag:

If Evans gets dropped, I'll take him ;)

With the 5th and 6th I decided to hit the infirmary.  Luck and Reed will be studs when / if they play. :oldunsure:

So far this team is among the riskiest I've drafted.  Rookie first round pick, 3 guys coming off injury, a back in a timeshare I'm not sure how will pan out.  AJ Green should be solid.  :scared:

Hey guys, I don't know what happened. I'm pretty certain I had four pre drafts in with 3 picks in front of me, but something must have been wrong. Have been trying to stay on top of things and get predrafts in, but had meetings all day today with no access. Will be more careful on picks rest of the way. 

8 hours ago, ryheaps said:

Hey guys, I don't know what happened. I'm pretty certain I had four pre drafts in with 3 picks in front of me, but something must have been wrong. Have been trying to stay on top of things and get predrafts in, but had meetings all day today with no access. Will be more careful on picks rest of the way. 

Fro and Ref had pre-drafts yesterday at one point in time yesterday that ended up going away.  Maybe they can chime in and let us know if there weren't enough or they pulled them later.  

Looks like mfl is down at the moment.

14 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

I apologize Reaper.  I restarted the draft in an attempt to get the rookies included.  When I did that it automatically cleared the clock off between midnite and 8 function so you were timed out when your shouldn't have.  Wish you had said something sooner so I could have fixed that.  If you want to drop Evans for another player currently available I'll be glad to do that. :bag:

All good.... I guess it could have been worse then maybe I would have asked..... I'm a fan of a quicker draft over getting my exact players....

Posted (edited)

• QB - Wentz (4.16), A. Smith (7.01)
  • RB - Gurley (1.01), Collins (5.01)
  • WR - Thielen (2.16), Baldwin (3.01)
  • TE - Burton (6.16)

As usual in this season's survivors, I'm starting off with a fantastic QB duo, average or better talent at RB/WR, and a gaping hole at TE.

I don't think Burton has the makings of a fantasy QB1, but with some high floors already on my roster I can afford to take a big hack and hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant

Liked getting Dion Lewis there..... worried about the team change but, funny Murray got slightly more touches than Dion last year but, Dion had more points

I'd expect TENN wants to give those same touches but, to someone more dynamic who does more with em.....And I'd expect Dion to be in that same 13-16 RB range, slightly higher than Murray last year.

52 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Liked getting Dion Lewis there..... worried about the team change but, funny Murray got slightly more touches than Dion last year but, Dion had more points

I'd expect TENN wants to give those same touches but, to someone more dynamic who does more with em.....And I'd expect Dion to be in that same 13-16 RB range, slightly higher than Murray last year.

I gave a lot of thought to taking Dion and pairing him with Henry. I obviously could be wrong but I do think Henry is the lead back. Still gives plenty of touches for Lewis.

1 hour ago, Reaper said:

with not having a an RB yet...I took a look at Lewis....but mostly just because most of the rankings I saw had him as next best RB which I found a little head scratching...so I passed...Henry sure looked primed to be the man...

2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Fro and Ref had pre-drafts yesterday at one point in time yesterday that ended up going away.  Maybe they can chime in and let us know if there weren't enough or they pulled them later.  

I was really far away and did not put in enough picks to cover the gap....

7 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I was really far away and did not put in enough picks to cover the gap....

My Dez pick was the nail in the coffin.  Funny thing is that I strongly consider Watkins there.  Thought he might slip through the turn if you took Mahonmes.

Drafting at the bottom of 16-team leagues forces your hand at Quarterback. Teams drafting in the middle can afford to monitor who goes and attempt to take their guy at optimum value. At the last turn 5/6 thirteen quarterbacks were gone. I knew I had to grab two or be left with the bottom of the barrel and/or rookies unless I picked two. Was hoping to get both Roethlisberger and Rivers, but only got Rivers. I considered Matt Ryan but went with Mariota, who if he can ever stay healthy will outperform his ADP.

Of the quarterback who were taken later, I really think Mr. I got a good bargain in Alex Smith.

1 hour ago, Stephen Holloway said:

Drafting at the bottom of 16-team leagues forces your hand at Quarterback. Teams drafting in the middle can afford to monitor who goes and attempt to take their guy at optimum value. At the last turn 5/6 thirteen quarterbacks were gone. I knew I had to grab two or be left with the bottom of the barrel and/or rookies unless I picked two. Was hoping to get both Roethlisberger and Rivers, but only got Rivers. I considered Matt Ryan but went with Mariota, who if he can ever stay healthy will outperform his ADP.

Of the quarterback who were taken later, I really think Mr. I got a good bargain in Alex Smith.

I almost pulled the trigger on Rivers and was going to back him up with Mahomes, but then decided to only take 1 QB at the turn and roll the dice..you are right, its either do or die at QB at the end of 5/6 and it represents less value...

6 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I almost pulled the trigger on Rivers and was going to back him up with Mahomes, but then decided to only take 1 QB at the turn and roll the dice..you are right, its either do or die at QB at the end of 5/6 and it represents less value...

Fortunately with the flex they aren’t as valuable. 

Just spoke with Rudy.  He didn't know there was a 4hour clock.  He thought it was 8.  Either way he is going to make his picks soon.

2 hours ago, Fullback Fro said:

Just spoke with Rudy.  He didn't know there was a 4hour clock.  He thought it was 8.  Either way he is going to make his picks soon.

Why is there a difference? 

1 minute ago, bro1ncos said:

Why is there a difference? 

huh?

Posted (edited)

@ryheaps....he was on a two hour clock and time has expired...will skip and he can make up pick later...now on one hour

Edited by Stinkin Ref

WTF...I told you in my post that something did not work right on my autopick. Even Bass said that he saw it in there. I'm sorry but that is a bunch of bull####. I've been timely on every pick except the one with the screw up. I thought I was still on a 4 hour clock. Don't wait until the pick is up to say you are going to start enforcing the  clock cuts which have not been enforced yet. 

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, ryheaps said:

WTF...I told you in my post that something did not work right on my autopick. Even Bass said that he saw it in there. I'm sorry but that is a bunch of bull####. I've been timely on every pick except the one with the screw up. I thought I was still on a 4 hour clock. Don't wait until the pick is up to say you are going to start enforcing the  clock cuts which have not been enforced yet. 

Wasn’t trying to start anything ryheaps....I didn’t see where you were given a hall pass for timing out the first time even though there was some discussion...so assumed you were on 2 hours...got to about 2.5 this time....as mentioned earlier, this is not even an issue if people set it up to get text notifications when OTC....this draft was set up to be done quickly so doing what we can (getting notifications) is generally a good idea, especially if unable to check in frequently.....I could care less with whatever is decided here by Bass and mean no ill will here whatsoever, I was just jumping in to try and help speed things up based on the information at hand....good luck

Edited by Stinkin Ref

When mocks turn serious.... 

Never have I ever taken the first defense. But I wanted the late bye with what should be the dominant defense.

38 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

When mocks turn serious.... 

Never have I ever taken the first defense. But I wanted the late bye with what should be the dominant defense.

While reviewing the last few picks, I was thinking all of the guys taken after my two picks were considered, so no bargains ahead. And then you took a DST.

after having already gone out on a limb with Mahomes and not doubling on QB at that turn..... and then passing on QB again at the 7-8 turn.....it was kind of nice to see Eli still sitting there at the 9-10 turn....guess he is getting written off....:shrug:....but he is still under contract for 2 years....and they may take Barkley...OBJ will be back, Engram, maybe Dez...I'll take it, even if they draft a rookie, he may not play for a year....wasn't 100% sure SH wouldn't do something crazy and take a third or I would have waited till after his picks...

6 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

after having already gone out on a limb with Mahomes and not doubling on QB at that turn..... and then passing on QB again at the 7-8 turn.....it was kind of nice to see Eli still sitting there at the 9-10 turn....guess he is getting written off....:shrug:....but he is still under contract for 2 years....and they may take Barkley...OBJ will be back, Engram, maybe Dez...I'll take it, even if they draft a rookie, he may not play for a year....wasn't 100% sure SH wouldn't do something crazy and take a third or I would have waited till after his picks...

Considered him over Tannehill and with luck not being a lock to regain form, Eli was probably my next pick.

5 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

While reviewing the last few picks, I was thinking all of the guys taken after my two picks were considered, so no bargains ahead. And then you took a DST.

I'm just happy to be there for you. :wub:

7 hours ago, Stinkin Ref said:

Considered him but how many times will he outscore Ryan?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, BassNBrew said:

Considered him but how many times will he outscore Ryan?

Well last year it was 5 times and probably would have been 6 if they wouldnt have benched him that one week as Ryan only scored 10 points that week....plus a bye week...so he would have scored maybe 7 times.....so almost half of the games....plus in many others he was within a couple points....and no OBJ for most of the year or Marshall...and basically a total #### show going on with coaching/team morale, etc.....but next year, I have no clue...

Edited by Stinkin Ref

9 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

@Mr. Irrelevant you otc and about to otc

I predrafted Ginn, Kenny G, and Moncrief. Thinking there was no f'in way they'd all go in the 4 picks before me. :shark:

I waited until Fro picked and it showed everyone had pre-drafted. But it held up on Bass. I must go outside for some physical labor. Will check in later this afternoon.

2 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

I waited until Fro picked and it showed everyone had pre-drafted. But it held up on Bass. I must go outside for some physical labor. Will check in later this afternoon.

Me and Ref had pre-drafts of one player...Foreman

Posted (edited)

some recent picks :thumbup:.....R. Mathews, Barber, Sutton, Lockett, Richardson...and D. Foreman...almost took Foreman instead of Carson at last turn...and then he almost made it back....

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Great job this weekend everyone.  We're right on pace to finish before the draft.  Two rounds a day gets it done.  I'm going to leave the clock at 4 hours as long as we are on track.

Bye week match on my two QBs forced me to take a third. The remaining rookies were my best bet since bit Mariota and Rivers are on week 8 bye. I chose Bake Mayfield over Jackson, but not sure about that call. Will get a little clarity Thursday night and hoping he can land where he can play by mid-season or before.