What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2018 PDSL 1 (1 Viewer)

• QB - Wentz (4.16), A. Smith (7.01)
  • RB - Gurley (1.01), Collins (5.01)
  • WR - Thielen (2.16), Baldwin (3.01)
  • TE - Burton (6.16)
As usual in this season's survivors, I'm starting off with a fantastic QB duo, average or better talent at RB/WR, and a gaping hole at TE.

I don't think Burton has the makings of a fantasy QB1, but with some high floors already on my roster I can afford to take a big hack and hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liked getting Dion Lewis there..... worried about the team change but, funny Murray got slightly more touches than Dion last year but, Dion had more points

I'd expect TENN wants to give those same touches but, to someone more dynamic who does more with em.....And I'd expect Dion to be in that same 13-16 RB range, slightly higher than Murray last year.

Liked getting Dion Lewis there..... worried about the team change but, funny Murray got slightly more touches than Dion last year but, Dion had more points

I'd expect TENN wants to give those same touches but, to someone more dynamic who does more with em.....And I'd expect Dion to be in that same 13-16 RB range, slightly higher than Murray last year.
I gave a lot of thought to taking Dion and pairing him with Henry. I obviously could be wrong but I do think Henry is the lead back. Still gives plenty of touches for Lewis.

with not having a an RB yet...I took a look at Lewis....but mostly just because most of the rankings I saw had him as next best RB which I found a little head scratching...so I passed...Henry sure looked primed to be the man...

Fro and Ref had pre-drafts yesterday at one point in time yesterday that ended up going away.  Maybe they can chime in and let us know if there weren't enough or they pulled them later.  
I was really far away and did not put in enough picks to cover the gap....

Drafting at the bottom of 16-team leagues forces your hand at Quarterback. Teams drafting in the middle can afford to monitor who goes and attempt to take their guy at optimum value. At the last turn 5/6 thirteen quarterbacks were gone. I knew I had to grab two or be left with the bottom of the barrel and/or rookies unless I picked two. Was hoping to get both Roethlisberger and Rivers, but only got Rivers. I considered Matt Ryan but went with Mariota, who if he can ever stay healthy will outperform his ADP.

Of the quarterback who were taken later, I really think Mr. I got a good bargain in Alex Smith.

Drafting at the bottom of 16-team leagues forces your hand at Quarterback. Teams drafting in the middle can afford to monitor who goes and attempt to take their guy at optimum value. At the last turn 5/6 thirteen quarterbacks were gone. I knew I had to grab two or be left with the bottom of the barrel and/or rookies unless I picked two. Was hoping to get both Roethlisberger and Rivers, but only got Rivers. I considered Matt Ryan but went with Mariota, who if he can ever stay healthy will outperform his ADP.

Of the quarterback who were taken later, I really think Mr. I got a good bargain in Alex Smith.
I almost pulled the trigger on Rivers and was going to back him up with Mahomes, but then decided to only take 1 QB at the turn and roll the dice..you are right, its either do or die at QB at the end of 5/6 and it represents less value...

I almost pulled the trigger on Rivers and was going to back him up with Mahomes, but then decided to only take 1 QB at the turn and roll the dice..you are right, its either do or die at QB at the end of 5/6 and it represents less value...
Fortunately with the flex they aren’t as valuable. 

Just spoke with Rudy.  He didn't know there was a 4hour clock.  He thought it was 8.  Either way he is going to make his picks soon.

@ryheaps....he was on a two hour clock and time has expired...will skip and he can make up pick later...now on one hour

WTF...I told you in my post that something did not work right on my autopick. Even Bass said that he saw it in there. I'm sorry but that is a bunch of bull####. I've been timely on every pick except the one with the screw up. I thought I was still on a 4 hour clock. Don't wait until the pick is up to say you are going to start enforcing the  clock cuts which have not been enforced yet. 

WTF...I told you in my post that something did not work right on my autopick. Even Bass said that he saw it in there. I'm sorry but that is a bunch of bull####. I've been timely on every pick except the one with the screw up. I thought I was still on a 4 hour clock. Don't wait until the pick is up to say you are going to start enforcing the  clock cuts which have not been enforced yet. 
Wasn’t trying to start anything ryheaps....I didn’t see where you were given a hall pass for timing out the first time even though there was some discussion...so assumed you were on 2 hours...got to about 2.5 this time....as mentioned earlier, this is not even an issue if people set it up to get text notifications when OTC....this draft was set up to be done quickly so doing what we can (getting notifications) is generally a good idea, especially if unable to check in frequently.....I could care less with whatever is decided here by Bass and mean no ill will here whatsoever, I was just jumping in to try and help speed things up based on the information at hand....good luck

When mocks turn serious.... 

Never have I ever taken the first defense. But I wanted the late bye with what should be the dominant defense.

When mocks turn serious.... 

Never have I ever taken the first defense. But I wanted the late bye with what should be the dominant defense.
While reviewing the last few picks, I was thinking all of the guys taken after my two picks were considered, so no bargains ahead. And then you took a DST.

after having already gone out on a limb with Mahomes and not doubling on QB at that turn..... and then passing on QB again at the 7-8 turn.....it was kind of nice to see Eli still sitting there at the 9-10 turn....guess he is getting written off.... :shrug: ....but he is still under contract for 2 years....and they may take Barkley...OBJ will be back, Engram, maybe Dez...I'll take it, even if they draft a rookie, he may not play for a year....wasn't 100% sure SH wouldn't do something crazy and take a third or I would have waited till after his picks...

after having already gone out on a limb with Mahomes and not doubling on QB at that turn..... and then passing on QB again at the 7-8 turn.....it was kind of nice to see Eli still sitting there at the 9-10 turn....guess he is getting written off.... :shrug: ....but he is still under contract for 2 years....and they may take Barkley...OBJ will be back, Engram, maybe Dez...I'll take it, even if they draft a rookie, he may not play for a year....wasn't 100% sure SH wouldn't do something crazy and take a third or I would have waited till after his picks...
Considered him over Tannehill and with luck not being a lock to regain form, Eli was probably my next pick.

Considered him but how many times will he outscore Ryan?

Considered him but how many times will he outscore Ryan?
Well last year it was 5 times and probably would have been 6 if they wouldnt have benched him that one week as Ryan only scored 10 points that week....plus a bye week...so he would have scored maybe 7 times.....so almost half of the games....plus in many others he was within a couple points....and no OBJ for most of the year or Marshall...and basically a total #### show going on with coaching/team morale, etc.....but next year, I have no clue...

I waited until Fro picked and it showed everyone had pre-drafted. But it held up on Bass. I must go outside for some physical labor. Will check in later this afternoon.

some recent picks  :thumbup: .....R. Mathews, Barber, Sutton, Lockett, Richardson...and D. Foreman...almost took Foreman instead of Carson at last turn...and then he almost made it back....

Great job this weekend everyone.  We're right on pace to finish before the draft.  Two rounds a day gets it done.  I'm going to leave the clock at 4 hours as long as we are on track.

Bye week match on my two QBs forced me to take a third. The remaining rookies were my best bet since bit Mariota and Rivers are on week 8 bye. I chose Bake Mayfield over Jackson, but not sure about that call. Will get a little clarity Thursday night and hoping he can land where he can play by mid-season or before.

QB - 5.16 Mariota QB14 TEN (8) & 6.1 Rivers QB 15 LAC (8) - liked this pairing for getting them at 14th and 15th and then the schedule came out. Briefly considered Eli Manning and  I think that @Stinkin Ref got a bargain at 9.15, but I was uncertain that if NYG stumbles, they would not consider going with their rookie past the half-way point. I am cautious of Mayfield as a Rookie, but he with Rosen and Darnold gone, he was my choice over Lamar Jackson.

RB - 4.1 D. Guice RB19, Rookie FA, 8.1 RB30 C. J. Anderson FA, 9.16 Gio Bernard RB41 CIN (9) and Royce Freeman RB42 , Rookie - A motley crew here that at least has potential. Hoping Guice goes second round to a team that needs him. Hope that Anderson gets a shot where he will get touches, Bernard should still have chances and then Royce Freeman, who seemed like a solid chance to get playing time and with this crew I need RBs that will get on the field. @Reaper taking Kerryon Johnson and @BassNBrewtaking James White right ahead of me at 9.16 would have been preferred over the pair I got there, but we'll see.

WR- 1.16 Michael Thomas WR4 , NO (6) and 2.1 Julio Jones WR5 ATL (8), 7.16 Pierre Garcon WR37 SF (11), 11.16 Courtland Sutton WR67, Rookie and 12.1 Mike Wallace WR68, Phil (9) -- Top two are excellent, Garcon seems a bargain at WR 37 and then hopeful that Sutton will get on the field early and Wallace will have three or four big weeks to help out. Still need depth

TE - 3.16 Delanie Walker TE10 TEN (8), 14.1 Ricky Seals-Jones TE ARZ (9) -- Walker is getting older, but has prospered with Mariota. Hope he holds off the clock. I was planning on taking two of the top rookies later on a turn, but man those guys all went before I was willing to pull the trigger. Arizona has not used their TE in years, but there is new staff in place so maybe RSJ can garner some targets. Definitely weak here at the 2 ppr per catch position.

PK - 13.13 Lambo Jax (9) and 14.16 Janikowski Sea (7) - hopefully can both keep their jobs all year.

Lots of early picks with week 8 byes - Mariota, RIvers, Julio Jones, D. Walker - not a good schedule draw and impacted several picks shortly after the schedule release.

QB - 5.16 Mariota QB14 TEN (8) & 6.1 Rivers QB 15 LAC (8) - liked this pairing for getting them at 14th and 15th and then the schedule came out. Briefly considered Eli Manning and  I think that @Stinkin Ref got a bargain at 9.15, but I was uncertain that if NYG stumbles, they would not consider going with their rookie past the half-way point. I am cautious of Mayfield as a Rookie, but he with Rosen and Darnold gone, he was my choice over Lamar Jackson.

RB - 4.1 D. Guice RB19, Rookie FA, 8.1 RB30 C. J. Anderson FA, 9.16 Gio Bernard RB41 CIN (9) and Royce Freeman RB42 , Rookie - A motley crew here that at least has potential. Hoping Guice goes second round to a team that needs him. Hope that Anderson gets a shot where he will get touches, Bernard should still have chances and then Royce Freeman, who seemed like a solid chance to get playing time and with this crew I need RBs that will get on the field. @Reaper taking Kerryon Johnson and @BassNBrewtaking James White right ahead of me at 9.16 would have been preferred over the pair I got there, but we'll see.

WR- 1.16 Michael Thomas WR4 , NO (6) and 2.1 Julio Jones WR5 ATL (8), 7.16 Pierre Garcon WR37 SF (11), 11.16 Courtland Sutton WR67, Rookie and 12.1 Mike Wallace WR68, Phil (9) -- Top two are excellent, Garcon seems a bargain at WR 37 and then hopeful that Sutton will get on the field early and Wallace will have three or four big weeks to help out. Still need depth

TE - 3.16 Delanie Walker TE10 TEN (8), 14.1 Ricky Seals-Jones TE ARZ (9) -- Walker is getting older, but has prospered with Mariota. Hope he holds off the clock. I was planning on taking two of the top rookies later on a turn, but man those guys all went before I was willing to pull the trigger. Arizona has not used their TE in years, but there is new staff in place so maybe RSJ can garner some targets. Definitely weak here at the 2 ppr per catch position.

PK - 13.13 Lambo Jax (9) and 14.16 Janikowski Sea (7) - hopefully can both keep their jobs all year.

Lots of early picks with week 8 byes - Mariota, RIvers, Julio Jones, D. Walker - not a good schedule draw and impacted several picks shortly after the schedule release.
Garcon could end up being a huge steal...you WR's will carry you...solid QB's....I am warming to RSJ with Bradford

6.02 Patrick Mahomes QB16 KC (12)
9.15 Eli Manning QB30 NYG (9) 

Mahomes may have one of toughest opening 6 game stretches I have ever seen.  Might need Eli to do some heavy lifting at the beginning of the year.  Feel better every day about snagging Eli as QB30 as it really seems like Barkley will be in play for the Giants at #2. NYG was a #### show last year, coaching, team morale, Eli lost both OBJ and Marshall and still finished as QB21.  Could have a nice bounce back season with Barkley, OBJ, Shepard, Engram and maybe Dez. Don’t feel great about this pairing but will ride and die I guess. 

7.15 Duke Johnson RB30 CLE (11)
10.02 Chris Carson RB44 SEA (7)
11.15 LaGarrettte Blount RB51 DET (6)
14.02 Austin Ekeler RB56 LAC (8)
15.15 Buck Allen RB65 BAL (10) 

Punted RB for nearly a full 7 rounds. Decided to commit to piling up some dart throws and hope to snag a few guys where the PPR could help out.  Duke finished as RB11 last year and should stay involved in the passing game, so some value at RB30? If Carson is the starter, you would think there has to be some points there and that the SEA running game HAS to improve, right? He looked decent before getting hurt. Uh oh…let’s snag Blount, he should be on the roster and get some TD’s.  Always seems he plays more than you think he will. Think Ekeler showed enough to garner more and more PT.  He finished RB44 last year as a rookie. Almost took Buck a turn earlier so glad to see him make it back. With Woodhead gone, Allen should see the passing work and some red zone action. Allen finished RB24 in this format last year :eek: so getting him at RB65 seems like some late value. Gonna need some things to fall right here to survive. If nothing else bye weeks not an issue.

3.15 Ashlon Jeffrey WR19 PHI (9)
4.02 Larry Fitzgerald WR20 ARZ (9)
5.15 Sammy Watkins WR 29 KC (12)
8.02 Emmanuel Sanders WR38 DEN (10)
12.02 Allen Hurns WR69 DAL (8)
16.02 Trent Taylor WR80SF (11)

Feel like I can get 3 decent scores here most week.  Like the top 4 and Hurns may be in line for more work in DAL. Fitz WR5 last year with crap at QB, so maybe some value at WR20, but outside of that, I didn’t get a ton of value at WR. Considered Taylor a turn earlier so nice to add him in 16th.  Could be solid with a full year of Grap. Watkins could have some big plays, so nice to have him in the middle of this group.  With not taking a WR in the first two rounds and being at the end of the draft/3rd, this group isn’t going to rock your world but feel pretty good about what I was able to put together. Could get some flex scores here if needed. Week 9 a little shaky. 

1.15 Travis Kelce TE1 KC (12)
2.02 Rob Gronkowski TE2 NE (11)

Hopefully karma doesn’t bite me in the ### and turn what should be a strength into a liability with some injuries or something crazy.  Intent was to lock up a TE score and the Flex score here most weeks.  We shall see.  Please stay healthy so I can see how this shakes out. 

13.15 Matt Bryant PK13 ATL (8)

If you can feel like you stole a PK I guess this would be it. 

Overall: ugly on a stick and may be flirting with elimination most weeks…especially on any down weeks from Kelce/Gronk…feel like will need to ham and egg it big time.  

Bummers: missed on ASJ, was think about adding him as a 3rd TE and also Ben Watson. With the flex, dart throws at TE aren’t a bad idea. Passing on Garcon and taking Duke, would have preferred him over Sanders. Also maybe should have taken Fuller instead of Sanders. Was hoping Cohen made it to me, think Nagy will use and abuse him. Biggest one was barely missing on D’Foreman making it back.  :banned:

Just a heads up this morning. My phone has ceased to function today. I may be a little late responding both to the draft and to my wife when she tries to call me.

fyi...First thing in the morning I will take the time until the draft and divide it by the remaining picks and that will become the new timer.  All picks due by the start of the draft tomorrow.

:bag:

While Nyheim Hines is one of my favorite late picks / sleepers, especially in best ball, I completely missed that taywan Taylor was still available. That's a great pick in the 20th. 

-OZ- said:

While Nyheim Hines is one of my favorite late picks / sleepers, especially in best ball, I completely missed that taywan Taylor was still available. That's a great pick in the 20th. 
Seriously. I had three deep-sleeper WRs on my 20th round pre-draft list - Taylor, Kearse, and J.J. Nelson - and y'all proceeded to snipe all three from me. I'm really glad I don't play in money leagues with any of you.

Seriously. I had three deep-sleeper WRs on my 20th round pre-draft list - Taylor, Kearse, and J.J. Nelson - and y'all proceeded to snipe all three from me. I'm really glad I don't play in money leagues with any of you.
Kearse was a consideration for me late if I decided to add a 7th WR...and I think I took him in a previous draft...but Jets get QE back and added Pryor and have Anderson...and sounds like they could save about $5 mil by releasing him...so not sure if he ends up being a Jet or going elsewhere (which may be a good thing)....

Kearse was a consideration for me late if I decided to add a 7th WR...and I think I took him in a previous draft...but Jets get QE back and added Pryor and have Anderson...and sounds like they could save about $5 mil by releasing him...so not sure if he ends up being a Jet or going elsewhere (which may be a good thing)....
I was going to feel sniped if Kearse was gone..... I feel like I took QE too early but, I will say, chatter seems more positive than I felt it did during WSL...

With QE not 100% sure... Robby Anderson an apparent moron and Pryor doing nothing last year, Kearse could be the most reliable on a team that should have a better offense and better QB play..... Saving 5 mill should mean very little to a team that is projected to have 109 mill next year anyway!!!

Lots of value at the end here tho - I went with Hines in the WSL and wanted more but... I wound up throwing a dart at Demarco Murray instead... ?????

Darnold, Sam FA QB--15.13 (K)

Wilson, Russell SEA QB479.7574.04 (K)

Graham, Jimmy GBP TE226.0073.13 (K)

Went QB/TE early in rounds 3/4 and basically punted the rest of the way.....  liked the value of Wilson in the 4th then wanted to stock up on WR/RB

Same with TE.... got to a point quickly where I really didn't like TE's and the dart to throw for maybe 1 week of play. So, this team is set up for Russell Wilson/ Graham at QB/TE or Bust.... Kinda like the idea of grabbing 2 TE's early especially with the Flex we'll see how Ref makes out. 

Chubb, Nick FA RB--5.13 (K)

Gordon, Melvin LAC RB288.1081.13 (K)

Johnson, Kerryon FA RB--9.13 (K)

Lewis, Dion TEN RB197.0086.04 (K)

Murray, DeMarco FA RB173.50-17.13 (K)

5 RB's.... Murray seems to be left for dead. Not much info out there - SOOOO many RB's getting drafted this week gonna mess up a lot of teams... so, I went with 2 Top Rooks and Lewis should get some play no matter what.... I like this group as a swing for the fence early Survivor play.

Bryant, Martavis PIT WR130.50710.04 (K)

Enunwa, Quincy NYJ WR (Q)-1111.13 (K)

Evans, Mike TBB WR201.1052.04 (K)

Fuller, Will HOU WR (Q)113.20108.04 (K)

Kearse, Jermaine NYJ WR176.001120.04 (K)

Matthews, Rishard TEN WR156.20812.04 (K)

Nelson, Jordy OAK WR137.2077.13 (K)

Wilson, Albert MIA WR116.001119.13 (K)

8 Wr's....  Really like the value of Wilson and Enunwa to give points... Jordy Nelson???? 7th round seemed like a bargain. Wasn't a fan of the Mike Evans pick which was a clock error but, overall - 8 deep seems like some points to be had and decent value except maybe Quincy.

Matthews / Fuller / Bryant all seemed like nice value.

Fun draft.... I like this team to contend. I like Graham in GB as a top TE. Wilson should be top 5... Lotta darts at RB/WR....

I'm good with this now. Indy could be really good for Hines. 

My 15th and 16th round picks were probably wasted (gallman and Lamar Jackson), but those were risky to begin with. Although I guess if Barkley missed time at least I have his backup? 

PLAYER2017 YTD PTSBYEACQUIRED

Jackson, Lamar BAL QB-1016.06 (K)

Luck, Andrew IND QB (Q)-95.11 (K)

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB (Q)-118.06 (K)

Barkley, Saquon NYG RB-91.11 (K)

Clement, Corey PHI RB90.40914.06 (K)

Gallman, Wayne NYG RB106.90915.11 (K)

Henry, Derrick TEN RB135.0084.06 (K)

Hines, Nyheim IND RB-920.06 (K)

Cole, Keelan JAC WR134.80912.06 (K)

Doctson, Josh WAS WR119.8049.11 (K)

Godwin, Chris TBB WR92.50511.11 (K)

Green, A.J. CIN WR230.8092.06 (K)

Robinson, Allen CHI WR (Q)2.7053.11 (K)

Hooper, Austin ATL TE168.6087.11 (K)

Reed, Jordan WAS TE (Q)87.1046.06 (K)

Willson, Luke DET TE69.30618.06 (K)

Crosby, Mason GBP PK78.00713.11 (K)

Hopkins, Dustin WAS PK60.00417.11 (K)

Colts, Indianapolis IND Def83.00919.11 (K)

Rams, Los Angeles LAR Def169.001210.06 (K)

Don't love it, don't hate it. 

Users who are viewing this thread