What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stop the tinkering? Or improvement needed? (1 Viewer)

Matt's Eagles

Footballguy
12 Team PPR TE premium

QB Mariota, Keenum, Bridgewater

RB McCoy, Howard, Burkhead, Gio, Clement, Gore, Barber, Ware

WR Mike Thomas, Larry Fitz, D Thomas, Sammy Watkins, Kearse, John Brown, Allison

TE Gronk, Graham, Cook, Watson, V Davis

Always be tinkering. 

Clement, Gore, and Ware I would encourage trade talks with the owners of the starting RB. Reach out to the Ajayi, Drake, and Hunt owners and see what you can get offering those RBs as handcuffs. In my experience, you are either a RB handcuff person or not. Those who want the handcuff will pay decently for them. Even Gio to the Mixon owner.

If the handcuff doesnt fetch enough in return consider partnering with a WR or Keenum or Bridgewater. 

Gio + Brown, Gore + Thomas, Ware + Kearse, Gore + Keenum etc.... If you can partner up two backend RB/WR/Qb on your roster to get a single higher quality player, I say go for it. 

The team doesn’t look like a contender to me. I’d try to move McCoy, Fitz and Gronk at some point. 

Got offered these deals:

i give MikeThomas, Keenum

I get Wentz, Collins, Landry,1.4, 2. 10

B

I give Graham

I get Cobb, 2.4, 2.10

C

i give McCoy, Fitz

I get Foreman, JuJu

Got offered these deals:

i give MikeThomas, Keenum

I get Wentz, Collins, Landry,1.4, 2. 10

B

I give Graham

I get Cobb, 2.4, 2.10

C

i give McCoy, Fitz

I get Foreman, JuJu
C. All day long. Buffalo has lost too much of their OL which may kill McCoy and Fitz is done for as far as having any dynasty value going forward. I'd do it just for JuJu, Foreman is just a bonus IMHO.With A there is no way do you trade Michael Thomas, and With B given that it's a TE premium league I'd take the gamble that Graham could shine in Green Bay especially with Aaron's best security blanket gone.

I would do trade C without hesitation.  IMO, JuJu is worth McCoy and Fitz.  Foreman is a great throw in.  

Trade A...  I am at least reviewing this deal.  I would see if there is a better back instead of Collins & the 2.10 pick, and is there a slight upgrade over Landry on that team.  Yes, Thomas is the best player, but I would be investigating some options with other players on that team... What other players does that owner have.  

Trade B... looks like the same owner as option A, and I would not do it.  With Gronk's hesitation, Graham is a big piece for you.  The other 3 are "fillers" at best.

I think you need to decide if you want to contend one last time with this group this year or rebuild now. Your team can contend this year but looks weak at QB and has mostly unusable RB depth. I bet there's at least 2-3 teams in your league that are stronger than you are right now. You have a playoff team if (and that's a big if) your guys stay injury free. I would think you'd need to stay injury free and have a good amount of luck to win a title this year. If you try to contend this season you have to consider you may lose a lot of value in your aging players next off-season if and when you try to sell them. You could get a decent haul for these aging players now, not so much next year. Personally, I'd be selling with this squad because I don't feel there's a better than average chance to win a title this year with them. What you do with these trade offers differ depending on whether you choose to contend or rebuild.

Contend: Accept trade A - the difference in points between Wentz+Landry vs Mariota/Keenum+Thomas is about the same. It's a bonus to get Collins as a possible starter/depth and a coup to get the 1.4 pick. Decline trade B - this trade doesn't help you win this year. Decline trade C - you're not winning a title without McCoy this year.

Rebuild: Accept trade A - you're weak at QB and RB depth is a major concern. This trade helps both. Thomas is worth somewhere in the 1.2-1.3 range so getting the 1.4 pick plus arguably the top dynasty QB is a nice win for you. Wentz+Mariota would be your QB's for the next 5-10 years. Getting Landry plus Collins are a nice bonus. I'd look into selling both Landry and Collins for 2019 picks. Collins probably during the season when his value is higher. For those insisting on keeping Thomas, Brees has 1-2 years left in his career, I'd be concerned with Thomas's value once Brees is done. Wentz + 1.4 alone is a good deal for him. Decline trade B - you can get more for Graham. If someone is offering 2.4 + 2.10 and a player for him I think you can squeeze a 2019 1st for him in TE premium scoring. Accept trade C - I look at this as McCoy for JuJu. Fitz has no trade value and Foreman is a waste seeing that no RB has come back full strength from a ruptured achilles. I would look to trade Foreman immediately for any draft pick(s). Good exit value for McCoy, JuJu is very young (youngest player in the NFL last year) and a great WR to build around. Additionally I'd look to sell all other players of value for 2019 or beyond picks. It's doubtful that any of them (outside of maybe Howard) would be useful when you're ready to contend again. I keep mentioning non 2018 draft picks to trade for as this time of year owners value their current year's picks more.

I would jump on trade C and take that.  I don't trust McCoy and JuJu will continue his climb in the WR ranks.  He is for real. 

Even in a TE premium league I don't understand why you have 5 TE's rostered.   After Graham and Gronk I would move all the others and try and improve picks or RB/QB depth.  In reality I would try and move Gronk but I am guessing most owners will be trying to buy low so it might not be worth it to move him.

Made a couple of trades

I got JuJu, Foreman, Chad Williams

I gave McCoy, Fitz

i also traded

Graham

I got Cobb, 2.4, 2,7

I know have

Marriota, Keenum

Howard, Barber, Gore, Gio, Foreman, Burkhead, Ware, Clement

Mike Thomas, JuJu, D Thomas, Sammy Watkins, Cobb, J Brown, Allison, Kearse, C Williams

Gronk, Cook, B Watson, V Davis

Picks 2.4, 3.5- 3.9, 4.4, 4.8, 4.11, 4.12, 5.4, 5,6

Got offered McKinnion, Hogan

for Barber, Watkins

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly, the Graham deal sucks, I would never had done that one.  as most have said, the JuJu for McCoy / Fitz was a no brainer, not sure if rostering Williams is worth it, but...  Latest offer, PASS.  Watkins worth more than the two you would get in return, I would counter with Cobb instead of Watkins

jwsbowler said:
honestly, the Graham deal sucks, I would never had done that one.  as most have said, the JuJu for McCoy / Fitz was a no brainer, not sure if rostering Williams is worth it, but...  Latest offer, PASS.  Watkins worth more than the two you would get in return, I would counter with Cobb instead of Watkins
I disagree regarding the McKinnon deal.  McKinnon is going to be a top 15 ish RB moving forward and RB is a weak spot.  I don't like giving up Watkins but his WR corps can handle the loss.  I would try and get a better piece than Hogan but if that is a deal breaker I would take the deal as is. 

I disagree regarding the McKinnon deal.  McKinnon is going to be a top 15 ish RB moving forward and RB is a weak spot.  I don't like giving up Watkins but his WR corps can handle the loss.  I would try and get a better piece than Hogan but if that is a deal breaker I would take the deal as is. 
what scares me is McKinnon's 3.58 per carry over the last 2 years in Minny with a solid line, and his PPR numbers are okay, but I would be looking for more.  Watkins' numbers don't jump off the chart either, but I would rather ride him out over McKinnon, that is why I would move Cobb first.

what scares me is McKinnon's 3.58 per carry over the last 2 years in Minny with a solid line, and his PPR numbers are okay, but I would be looking for more.  Watkins' numbers don't jump off the chart either, but I would rather ride him out over McKinnon, that is why I would move Cobb first.
The Vikings line is the opposite of solid.  Two years ago it may have been the worst line in the NFL.  Injuries decimated it to the point they were pulling people from Wallmart to suit up.  Last year it was better but still not great.  He is also in a totally different offense and paid RB1 money.  They are going to use him and he will get an extremely high volume.  So even if his averages stay what they have been (I think they will go up in this new situation) he will still put up very good numbers.

I am not arguing that moving Cobb instead of Watkins is better.  I would much rather have Watkins over Cobb.  I am only saying that I wouldn't let moving Watkins in this deal prevent me from acquiring McKinnon.  Based on roster construction and my expected performance, I would easily make this trade.

Got these offers I passed on

i get Julio, Alex Collins

i give Mike Thomas 

or

I get Mack, Lynch, Cooper, Ertz

i give Howard, Mike Thomas, Jared Cook

or

I get 1.4, 2 2019 2nds

i give JuJu Schuster

Matt's Eagles said:
Got these offers I passed on

i get Julio, Alex Collins

i give Mike Thomas 

or

I get Mack, Lynch, Cooper, Ertz

i give Howard, Mike Thomas, Jared Cook

or

I get 1.4, 2 2019 2nds

i give JuJu Schuster
Nothing there makes sense to pull the trigger. 

Users who are viewing this thread