What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who have you already bailed on? (1 Viewer)

cosjobs

Footballguy
For some reason, in addition to my traditional four leagues, I also bought about 20 "pro" leagues at Yahoo.

Here is my list of players that I've already  dropped:

Orlando Arcia 

Danny Salazar

AJ Reed

Ryon Healey

Victor Robles

Shoshei Otani )P)

Foltynewicz

Austin Hays

Pablo Sandoval

Derek Fisher

Lucas Duda

Jack Flaherty

Devon Travis

Matt Davidson (again)

Trace Thompson

Howie Kendrick

and that's just in Cake

Wacha's the only one outside of the dollar derby/MR speculation - probably a bad thing since I just read it a week ago and can't remember what/where but it was related to BB's and I think related to velocity/declining stuff/potentially hiding an injury.  I could also be making that up.  Memory's going, must be getting old...

Toronto's turned some ####ty position players into viable fantasy assets over the years (see Joey Bats, Smoak) and I thought Girchuk could be another one, but that doesn't appear to be happening. Toescar will likely be taking his job within a week. 

Garrett Richards seems incapable of throwing strikes and I'm just about out of patience with him.

Lonnie Chisenhall's provided sneaky value is daily leagues the last couple of years, but another injury forced my hand.

Lewis Brinson - I only have him a keep 10 league. Haven't dropped him yet but seems like he won't be a big factor this year and likely won't make it into my 10 keepers.

What leagues have you already bailed on?
None. I missed four drafts that were all autpoick and they suck hard, but I've gotten two of them up top mid-pack, but they really suck. Full of Davis, Duda types with no closers. It will be a struggle.

He's off to a decent start. Not sure what you expected when you drafted him.
I just listed everyone I had picked up or drafted and then released in Cake. I still have several shares of him elsewhere where pitching and offense are more balanced. He's been a pleasant surprise, but in league with 5 OF, MI, CI and two UT, marginal SPs get dropped for even more marginal OF.

I'm trying to be patient so far this year. Of course moving a bunch of guys to DL slots has helped that since I don't have to drop anyone. 

Wacha's the only one outside of the dollar derby/MR speculation - probably a bad thing since I just read it a week ago and can't remember what/where but it was related to BB's and I think related to velocity/declining stuff/potentially hiding an injury.  I could also be making that up.  Memory's going, must be getting old...
3 strikes and he's out for me.  I had Wacha in two leagues, succumbing to the great sleeper hybe and he at least got me a crappy win on his way out the door.  Somebody else can gamble on Fozzy Bear.

Toronto's turned some ####ty position players into viable fantasy assets over the years (see Joey Bats, Smoak) and I thought Girchuk could be another one, but that doesn't appear to be happening. Toescar will likely be taking his job within a week. 
:coffee:

Blue Jays recalled OF Teoscar Hernandez from Triple-A Buffalo.

There's no word yet on what the corresponding move will be. With Randal Grichuk off to a 3-for-39 start and Kendrys Morales (hamstring) on the disabled list, Hernandez should be given plenty of at-bats to see what he can do. The 25-year-old popped eight home runs over 95 plate appearances for the Jays last season.

:coffee:

Blue Jays recalled OF Teoscar Hernandez from Triple-A Buffalo.

There's no word yet on what the corresponding move will be. With Randal Grichuk off to a 3-for-39 start and Kendrys Morales (hamstring) on the disabled list, Hernandez should be given plenty of at-bats to see what he can do. The 25-year-old popped eight home runs over 95 plate appearances for the Jays last season.
Donaldson to DL

I like Teoscar but Grichuk will get lots of chances and they're basically the same guy anyway. Alford is the guy who once he gets in the lineup will never leave.

Bobcat10 said:
I'm still holding, for now....sounds like you might be too?

It's just 2 starts with both being against Boston.   :unsure:

Giolito is in this category too.
No, I fired him.  I will never draft a Rays pitcher again.  

Bailed on Brad Zimmer then went back in (he's heating up!). I'm sure I'll bail a couple more times (watched him as a pup in High A and really want to be holding on if he ever figures it out).

Picked up a LoMo that somebody bailed on. Last year won't happen again, but the underlying stats are fine and in line with last season. Seems like he's been really unlucky this year.

Speaking of old outliers from last year. No plans on bailing on Whit Merrifield just yet, but he's on the radar.

I've dropped Story in favor of Cabrera and Dejong

I've dropped Ryan Zimmerman in favor of Cabrera/Dejong

I dropped Yonder Alonso in favor of Josh Bell

I dropped Choo in favor of Pirela

Users who are viewing this thread