What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dallas cutting Dez (1 Viewer)

ESPN Dal wrote an article this morning not 4 hrs ago on Dal options for Dez. The article concluded he could probably be cut by today possible using their 2nd of 2 designation for release June 1st cuts and save his whole salary. Only problem is they will take a $4m cap hit next year for it

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 8m8 minutes ago

The #Cowboys did not offer Dez Bryant a paycut. They simply released him. And no post-June 1 designation. … It is simply a clean start for Dallas and the organization.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 4m

Cowboys’ new WR depth chart:

Terrance Williams

Allen Hurns

Cole Beasley

Deonte Thompson

Ryan Switzer

With more help expected from the draft in Dallas.

Good move by DAL imo. Seems like Dez might be a good fit for the Colts with Hilton there as the WR1. Dez is no longer a WR1. 

Marcus Mosher‏ @Marcus_Mosher 10m10 minutes ago

It's my "belief" that Dez Bryant was willing to take a massive pay-cut to stay with the Dallas Cowboys.

They didn't even give him that opportunity.

He'll be in WAS by Monday.
That was my first thought too. Dez seems like the type that would love to stick it to Dallas twice a year.

I’d rather have Crabtree tbh. 
Somewhere along the line I missed Crabtree becoming a good WR. He's been a fine fantasy WR, because he's been force fed targets by a great QB the last few years, but he's been a mediocre, replaceable player, who alienates teammates and coaches alike, for years.

I'd rather have Dez by far, as well as Nelson. Crabtree/Grant is a toss up to me.

That was my first thought too. Dez seems like the type that would love to stick it to Dallas twice a year.

Somewhere along the line I missed Crabtree becoming a good WR. He's been a fine fantasy WR, because he's been force fed targets by a great QB the last few years, but he's been a mediocre, replaceable player, who alienates teammates and coaches alike, for years.

I'd rather have Dez by far, as well as Nelson. Crabtree/Grant is a toss up to me.
I guess we’re in disagreement then. 

What if the Giants signed him and then traded ODB?

I believe they dangled Odell a few weeks ago and then backed off but if they could sign Dez at a bargain and could get a 'decent' return on ODB then???

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m usually a buy low, take a guy on his 2nd, 3rd, 4th go round in the league kind of dynasty guy but I have to say, Dez has looked like toast. Matt Harmon posted that essentially Dez ran three routes and only one of them efficiently. If this was just due to him being injured he’s been injured three years running. Usually reclamation projects are one year removed from high level production, not three years.

What if the Giants signed him and then traded ODB?

I believe they dangled Odell a few weeks ago and then backed off but if they could sign Dez at a bargain and could get a 'decent' return on ODB then???
I was thinking they keep OBJ and put Dez opposite him as the #2. That's what Dez has become. 

Cardinals or 49er's is my call.  Probably 49er's though.  
9ers makes sense if they think Dez has enough left in the tank. But would Lynch really be interested? 

Gruden might be interested but they already signed Jordy.

9ers makes sense if they think Dez has enough left in the tank. But would Lynch really be interested? 

Gruden might be interested but they already signed Jordy.
It's the only team that I think makes sense.  They have a deep threat in Goodwin and their QB along with cap space so it's the perfect fit unless Lynch doesn't want him.  That or Seattle I could see, playing opposite Baldwin after they got rid of Paul Richardson.  Everywhere else is a crap spot that I don't think he wants to be a part of.  No other team offers a winning formula and stability with a need for a possession/TD receiver.  Baltimore already has that, same with Oakland like you mentioned, the other is the Pats but Dez doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.  He said he wanted to play Dallas twice, but are the Eagles or Giants really going to give him anything?  I highly doubt it.  The Redskins are already said they're out.  

I’m always at the top of a page saying something stupid. If you read page one, my joke is...well it’s still probably not that funny, but you might get it.....

I don't think he has enough left to be worth even the minimum his name will bring in contract cash - and he probably goes down hill from Day 1. He needs a real accurate QB to give him contested balls despite very little separation. If he can find a home, I salute him for salesmanship and that team for taking the risk. It does feel like he deserves some kind of shot.

I love the media talking out of both sides of their mouths.

We've all heard Dez is done, can't stretch the field, runs 3 routes, can't get open etc etc etc. Now it's Dallas is screwed, Zeke will face 9 in the box, who will stretch the field?
Well defenses do have to respect dez....no on in the current dallas wr core scares anyone

Marcus Mosher‏ @Marcus_Mosher 10m10 minutes ago

It's my "belief" that Dez Bryant was willing to take a massive pay-cut to stay with the Dallas Cowboys.

They didn't even give him that opportunity.
His belief<<<<<<Dez's "Hell no" statement. 

As a Cowboys fan I’m ecstatic. Long time coming. Now when Dak shines w/o him the haters and Romo lovers can’t say jack. 
Dak was not the greatest QB for Dez. Prescott is a low risk quarterback who checks down often which is why Bryant hasn't excelled with him and why his TD/INT ratio was so good. Dez is go up and grab it type guy with YAC ability. 

Users who are viewing this thread