What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Useful dregs and undrafted gems (1 Viewer)

cosjobs

Footballguy
Some of my most important players are the players I pick up to fill an injury, suspension or ineptitude.

These are the guys I can usually get off the waiver wire and not kill me, sometimes even playing inexplicably well. for at least the time frame I am desperate. 

This year Reddick, (Preston) Tucker, Lowrie, Asdrubal, Lowrie, Santander, T Austin, and Villanueva have been very useful

Who you got?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleasantly surprised by Brian Anderson and Colin Moran keeping their hot starts going. Ever popular breakout pick Ketel Marte is heating up. Asdrubal Cabrera.

Pleasantly surprised by Brian Anderson and Colin Moran keeping their hot starts going. Ever popular breakout pick Ketel Marte is heating up. Asdrubal Cabrera.
Agree on Moran, forgot to list him.

I just added Yuli in every league I'm in (and he's available).

Some of my most important players are the players I pick up to fill an injury, suspension or ineptitude.

These are the guys I can usually get off the waiver wire and not kill me, sometimes even playing inexplicably well. for at least the time frame I am desperate. 

This year Reddick, (Preston) Tucker, Lowrie, Asdrubal, Lowrie, Santander, T Austin, and Villanueva have been very useful

Who you got?
desperate is right.  awful start for me this year.  things are slowly starting to turn around. ryan flaherty, is one you didn't mention, that i picked up.  

i drafted him, so not really applicable, but dickerson has been great.  way better than expected.

desperate is right.  awful start for me this year.  things are slowly starting to turn around. ryan flaherty, is one you didn't mention, that i picked up.  

i drafted him, so not really applicable, but dickerson has been great.  way better than expected.
Villanueva is batting .297 with 5 HRs

jed lowrie has been a last round godsend for me.  his 2017 was real good, but odds are against a repeat.  however, he seems to like oakland and is off to a nice start.  i always wind up with j.a. happ and he seems to want to k a man per inning.  i am still thinking german marquez has some use.  and didi gregorius i bought in every league.  i know the chance for a low obp, but i think we are looking at a 30/100 year, with a 325 obp.  he got dreg love in a lot of my leagues, but i am a fan of him hitting 4 in that lineup.  

I'm rolling with Ben Gamel in Pie (15-team mixed).

Gamel is nothing special but he was injured during ST and has Yahoo ownership of 0%.  He's scheduled to be activated tomorrow and should get playing time at least vs. RHP.   He's probably realistically only a 10/10 guy but 15/10 makes him potentially interesting in any deep league where he'd be worth rostering.

In daily leagues, it's nice to have bench guys who play a lot of West Coast games because you can slot them in if your regular starters get the day off.

ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Braves today agreed to terms with free agent José Bautista on a one-year minor-league contract for the 2018 season, and he has reported to Atlanta's extended spring training complex in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. He will play third base.

:shrug:  

Stranger things have happened

ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Braves today agreed to terms with free agent José Bautista on a one-year minor-league contract for the 2018 season, and he has reported to Atlanta's extended spring training complex in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. He will play third base.

:shrug:  

Stranger things have happened
I am in

Eephus said:
I'm rolling with Ben Gamel in Pie (15-team mixed).

Gamel is nothing special but he was injured during ST and has Yahoo ownership of 0%.  He's scheduled to be activated tomorrow and should get playing time at least vs. RHP.   He's probably realistically only a 10/10 guy but 15/10 makes him potentially interesting in any deep league where he'd be worth rostering.

In daily leagues, it's nice to have bench guys who play a lot of West Coast games because you can slot them in if your regular starters get the day off.
I used him last year. Seems he was adequate with BA, but it was pretty empty

I used him last year. Seems he was adequate with BA, but it was pretty empty
I wasn't saying Gamel is good, only that he's available in deep formats and potentially interesting if he shows some power or speed development.  The options for the last bench spots in 15 team leagues are pretty dire.

I wasn't saying Gamel is good, only that he's available in deep formats and potentially interesting if he shows some power or speed development.  The options for the last bench spots in 15 team leagues are pretty dire.
He's exactly the type player I was talking about tho, as IR fillin that won't kill you and has a smidgen of upside.

Users who are viewing this thread