What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need some insight on a matter (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
So I have a buddy who I've known for at least 17 years now who lives up the street from me. Another friend of mine who was friends with him both had a falling out. They were 2 grades above me ended up going to PSU together and also lived 4 houses down from each other (I lived on the next block). Anyway once they got up to PSU main campus things got bad. The friend I still hang out with complained about my other buddy going to hang out with other friends, he also changed his major 3 times and wasn't the best student. At home he and his sister were spoiled but his Sister doesn't even seam to act like him at all. Anyway the matter got worse over the 2 yrs they were there. From him not doing simple chores around the apartment they shared, to what they were going to do on the weekend etc. (Fortunately there was no issues on owing anyone money). After they graduated my other buddy said rooming with him was the worst thing he did choice wise and he told me he once asked our buddy why he never made friends at college. His answer "What's the point of making friends in college if you never see them again?" that just doesn't make sense his answer and I have a couple of friend I hang out with from college. Anyway my buddy cut him off cold turkey in 09 and for 9 yrs the friend I still Hang with insist he did nothing wrong (Never his fought think Donald Trump type here on that). During the 08 Philies run my buddies mom (One who I don't see anymore) died and no-one ever knows the real story. His mom's cousin is my dentist and there were some rumors but nothing confirmed. Anyway he was close to his mom and a buddy of mine asked if he wanted to go out. He said he had chores and my other friend had the audacity to say to him "Your family cleans too much". this coming from a guy who's only chores at home ever were take out the trash and pay his rent and is lazy. He basically ghosted him after that comment. 

Anyway time has gone on the guy moved out from home and lives like over an hour away with his job and basically no one has seen or heard from him not even his mom's brother who he was close to and he doesn't respond to calls or text even from me. My other buddy since then has gotten worse. Outside of our likes in sports we have very little in common in terms of movies, video games, music, etc. We were at a 76ers/Bulls game (We live in Philly) me the Bulls guy and he 76ers and we ended up sitting behind the bulls bench last year. The Bulls fan behind us asked if he was a Bulls or Sixers fan. Basically my friend admitted his favorite sport was basically he liked all 4 Philly teams but would considering himself a bandwagon fan. This is a guy who gets upset over me for cheering Florida gators and Chi Bulls over Philly teams or PSU. My PSU hate the child abuse scandal hit too close to home for me but even then I had heard a few things prior to former employees and others about Joepa and others at the University that would paint them in a different lite. My Bulls love comes from the 90s and MJ ERA and I've always stood by them. I can't take him to a bar or club as he doesn't drink and he'd completely embarrass himself even trying to pick up a girl plus all he has is work clothes and sports jersey and Tees nothing really casual to wear. And he'd want to leave the bar in an hr after getting there since he's "bored". Either way we had some miscommunication last week. I was on vacation all week and he wanted to go to Phils game on Sun with Arrietta pitching. I told him I would be in the City Saturday night for plans with my brother and staying his house over night and then I was going to an Italian cafe to meet up with The AC MILAN Philly Club and watch the soccer game. So I told him we can go Wednesday since your off. He tells me Saturday while I'm at work it's his dad's birthday so probably no game on Wednesday might take his dad. I responded back that's fine forgot Flyers Playoffs started that night want to watch that. Wednesday we're talking and he wants to see two different movies then me. I decided maybe the one but I was running late coming back from errands. he then changes his mind and says how we always see movies I want to see. I told him not true but also there's not a whole lot out there that interest me that we both like plus Hollywood at this point is doing remakes of everything it seems. So the Flyers come on Down 3-0 in the 1st and he basically makes a smart ### comment how I wanted to watch the flyers over the Phillies. I asked why it mattered you had your dad's birthday. He says well we celebrated on Sunday actually. Ok you don't think maybe you could've told me that between Mon and Wed especially before you asked on a Movie? Depending on Price I'd have maybe went. Anyway his whole text ended up seaming how he was rooting for the Flyers to lose while talking up the Sixers. I really wanted to tell him he was being a real jackass at that point and even tried to get me to explain to him why I dislike the Sixers. I told him I've Done it so many times I already I don't want to rehash it. 

Anyway I've been planning to cut him off for good but maybe I'm an ####### but I use him because he drives and I don't. Also he's one of the few friends I kind of have that is available. My friends some are dead do to OD's, married with kids or have jobs and our schedules don't line up ever. Should I stick with him till I end up driving and cut him off cold turkey or cut him off now. If I cut him off now should I say something to him or basically ghost him, or maybe lie how I'm just super busy when he wants to do something? I should say the dude is gonna be 33 in Nov but he acts like he's some Middle school entitled brat who thinks he knows everything. 

So I have a buddy who I've known for at least 17 years now who lives up the street from me. Another friend of mine who was friends with him both had a falling out. They were 2 grades above me ended up going to PSU together and also lived 4 houses down from each other (I lived on the next block). Anyway once they got up to PSU main campus things got bad. The friend I still hang out with complained about my other buddy going to hang out with other friends, he also changed his major 3 times and wasn't the best student. At home he and his sister were spoiled but his Sister doesn't even seam to act like him at all. Anyway the matter got worse over the 2 yrs they were there. From him not doing simple chores around the apartment they shared, to what they were going to do on the weekend etc. (Fortunately there was no issues on owing anyone money). After they graduated my other buddy said rooming with him was the worst thing he did choice wise and he told me he once asked our buddy why he never made friends at college. His answer "What's the point of making friends in college if you never see them again?" that just doesn't make sense his answer and I have a couple of friend I hang out with from college. Anyway my buddy cut him off cold turkey in 09 and for 9 yrs the friend I still Hang with insist he did nothing wrong (Never his fought think Donald Trump type here on that). During the 08 Philies run my buddies mom (One who I don't see anymore) died and no-one ever knows the real story. His mom's cousin is my dentist and there were some rumors but nothing confirmed. Anyway he was close to his mom and a buddy of mine asked if he wanted to go out. He said he had chores and my other friend had the audacity to say to him "Your family cleans too much". this coming from a guy who's only chores at home ever were take out the trash and pay his rent and is lazy. He basically ghosted him after that comment. 

Anyway time has gone on the guy moved out from home and lives like over an hour away with his job and basically no one has seen or heard from him not even his mom's brother who he was close to and he doesn't respond to calls or text even from me. My other buddy since then has gotten worse. Outside of our likes in sports we have very little in common in terms of movies, video games, music, etc. We were at a 76ers/Bulls game (We live in Philly) me the Bulls guy and he 76ers and we ended up sitting behind the bulls bench last year. The Bulls fan behind us asked if he was a Bulls or Sixers fan. Basically my friend admitted his favorite sport was basically he liked all 4 Philly teams but would considering himself a bandwagon fan. This is a guy who gets upset over me for cheering Florida gators and Chi Bulls over Philly teams or PSU. My PSU hate the child abuse scandal hit too close to home for me but even then I had heard a few things prior to former employees and others about Joepa and others at the University that would paint them in a different lite. My Bulls love comes from the 90s and MJ ERA and I've always stood by them. I can't take him to a bar or club as he doesn't drink and he'd completely embarrass himself even trying to pick up a girl plus all he has is work clothes and sports jersey and Tees nothing really casual to wear. And he'd want to leave the bar in an hr after getting there since he's "bored". Either way we had some miscommunication last week. I was on vacation all week and he wanted to go to Phils game on Sun with Arrietta pitching. I told him I would be in the City Saturday night for plans with my brother and staying his house over night and then I was going to an Italian cafe to meet up with The AC MILAN Philly Club and watch the soccer game. So I told him we can go Wednesday since your off. He tells me Saturday while I'm at work it's his dad's birthday so probably no game on Wednesday might take his dad. I responded back that's fine forgot Flyers Playoffs started that night want to watch that. Wednesday we're talking and he wants to see two different movies then me. I decided maybe the one but I was running late coming back from errands. he then changes his mind and says how we always see movies I want to see. I told him not true but also there's not a whole lot out there that interest me that we both like plus Hollywood at this point is doing remakes of everything it seems. So the Flyers come on Down 3-0 in the 1st and he basically makes a smart ### comment how I wanted to watch the flyers over the Phillies. I asked why it mattered you had your dad's birthday. He says well we celebrated on Sunday actually. Ok you don't think maybe you could've told me that between Mon and Wed especially before you asked on a Movie? Depending on Price I'd have maybe went. Anyway his whole text ended up seaming how he was rooting for the Flyers to lose while talking up the Sixers. I really wanted to tell him he was being a real jackass at that point and even tried to get me to explain to him why I dislike the Sixers. I told him I've Done it so many times I already I don't want to rehash it. 

Anyway I've been planning to cut him off for good but maybe I'm an ####### but I use him because he drives and I don't. Also he's one of the few friends I kind of have that is available. My friends some are dead do to OD's, married with kids or have jobs and our schedules don't line up ever. Should I stick with him till I end up driving and cut him off cold turkey or cut him off now. If I cut him off now should I say something to him or basically ghost him, or maybe lie how I'm just super busy when he wants to do something? I should say the dude is gonna be 33 in Nov but he acts like he's some Middle school entitled brat who thinks he knows everything. 
Sorry, but we're going to need some more details if we're going to be able to offer advice.

Cliff notes version:

His friend is a jackhole but has a car so the OP uses him for rides. Should he break up with his friend or continue to use him for a ride until he gets a car? (I think that's it but dozed off a few times reading.)
It depends, which one is the Sixers fan?

I should say that I think you should say that you Super busy when he wants to do something but don’t say it is because you are watching the Bulls playoff game cause they don’t make it this year. Maybe if that don’t work you ghost him or perhaps wait until his birthday when he turn 33 to see if that means he finally grow up. 

Trying to keep track of which buddy is which is a chore.

I have too many chores already. 
Your family is always cleaning too much.

That said, I agree. Honestly, didn't know which buddy he was hanging out with at first. I think I know but I could be wrong since it was hard to read and easier to skim.

I'm sensing heavy latent sexual tension in OP's circle of friends.

So OP, you know what you need to do.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JohGniYph-c

Golf holes

Users who are viewing this thread