What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

quick poll: where do you keep your plunger? (1 Viewer)

Just had a dumb argument. Wife says that everybody keeps a plunger for your toilet in the garage. I

• i am a goofball and keep the plunger for our house in the garage

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • i am a normal person and keep a plunger in a bathroom

Votes: 115 76.7%
  • keep plunger in a closet or other place in the house

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • don't own a plunger

Votes: 3 2.0%

• Total voters

modogg

Footballguy
help out here with a quick question. Makes sense to me to have a plunger in a bathroom, so when you need it you can use it. Wife thinks everybody keeps it in the garage. 

It only takes ONE TIME for your wife or kid to clog the commode, have the commode overflow EVERYWHERE (including down the vent in the bathroom) to agree, once and for all, that it belongs in the bathroom(s) where it can be quickly found when needed.  I keep one in every bathroom plus a kitchen plunger under the kitchen sink.

I keep mine in the unfinished part of the basement (don't have a garage), but the one bathroom is super tiny. Not a really good spot to keep it in there.

Three bathrooms, one plunger.  Odds on it being in the right one in an emergency are not good anyhow, so might as well keep it in the garage and avoid the "yuck" factor.  BTW, overflowing toilets are stopped faster by shutting off the water supply than by plunging.

In my youth plungers were kept somewhere out of sight like under the sink, in the closet, garage or attic because they were rarely needed. 

Once they forced everybody to use low flow toilets it became necessary to keep a plunger handy.  So now I keep a plunger next to each and every toilet.

It only takes ONE TIME for your wife or kid to clog the commode, have the commode overflow EVERYWHERE (including down the vent in the bathroom) to agree, once and for all, that it belongs in the bathroom(s) where it can be quickly found when needed.  I keep one in every bathroom plus a kitchen plunger under the kitchen sink.

A plunger doesn't stop the sudden rise of Water from a clog...... SHUTTING THE WATER DOES.... Gotta let them know how to shut water asap!!!!

Garage

3 kids, upstairs bathrooms almost never plug(maybe 3x in 10 years), downstairs bathroom plugs all the time(once a week).  No way I'm keeping that disgusting plunger in my ?

Install garbage disposal in line with toilet.  Grind those bad boys down and they flush readily.  Not recommended for those with old man ball dangle, too dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a plunger on demand at all times because every 10th poop was going to crush the toilet... so definitely in the bathroom.

Moved to a new home and i have better toilets now.  I'm clog free for 4 months now

The correct answer is keep an unused plunger in every bathroom and replace and discard/recycle after use.

If you're going to use this thread for your argument with your wife:

Sup, Mrs. Modogg.  ;) How you doin?    I chose bathroom :toilet:  but I'd be willing to let you earn my vote! :pickle:

I'll admit to being one of the few FBGs not owning a plunger.  I can't imagine I'll ever need one.  I don't flush stuff that shouldn't be flushed.

I used to have a plunger on demand at all times because every 10th poop was going to crush the toilet... so definitely in the bathroom.

Moved to a new home and i have better toilets now.  I'm clog free for 4 months now
You spent money on a new house?  How many years of retirement did that set you back?  :moneybag:

Users who are viewing this thread